"Kicks In Door!* It's FIESTA FRIDAY!!
First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

grammaboodawg
Immortal

May 29 2015, 4:04pm

Post #1 of 51 (878 views)
Shortcut
"Kicks In Door!* It's FIESTA FRIDAY!! Can't Post

It's my privilege to quench your thirst and lend an ear on this Fabulous Friday! I'm taking orders for your favourite drinks while you share what you've been doing, what you're going to do, and what you REALLY want to do!

*cranks up jukebox*

It's the last work day of the week, so let's see if we can get some Satisfaction!
I know… its only Rock n' Roll… but I like it J

sample

Hobbit: BotFA Geeky Observation List draft #5 1/30/15

6th draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observations List - November 28, 2013
4th draft of TH:DOS Geeky Observations List - May 15, 2014

sample

We have been there and back again.

TIME Google Calendar
TORn's Geeky Observations Lists for LotR and The Hobbit

Aunt Dora Baggins
Immortal

May 29 2015, 4:19pm

Post #2 of 51 (820 views)
Shortcut
We were over the rainbow yesterday, literally. [In reply to] Can't Post

Over the rainbow. We went hiking in a blizzard at 11,000 feet, and looked into the valley and there was the rainbow below our feet. The only other time that's ever happened I was also hiking in a blizzard. So that makes it worthwhile.

When we drove down three thousand feet, we found nicer weather and the frogs singing and elk grazing: video clip

Our main purpose in going up was to finish our Memorial Day observance by scattering flower petals at the places where we scatter the ashes of our family. That was nice.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
GNU Terry Pratchett
"For DORA BAGGINS in memory of a LONG correspondence, with love from Bilbo; on a large wastebasket. Dora was Drogo's sister, and the eldest surviving female relative of Bilbo and Frodo; she was ninety-nine, and had written reams of good advice for more than half a century."
"A Chance Meeting at Rivendell" and other stories

leleni at hotmail dot com

grammaboodawg
Immortal

May 29 2015, 4:26pm

Post #3 of 51 (802 views)
Shortcut
Wonderful! [In reply to] Can't Post

I just love your tradition... and what a perfect place to do it. Thank you! I hope this weekend is just as lovely :)

sample

sample

TIME Google Calendar

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

May 29 2015, 4:29pm

Post #4 of 51 (802 views)
Shortcut
Hiking in a blizzard? [In reply to] Can't Post

That's very intrepid of you! And how awesome is it, to see a rainbow from above. Cool

Where the deer and the antelope graze...so peaceful...thank you for sharing these!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

Elberbeth
Tol Eressea

May 29 2015, 4:31pm

Post #5 of 51 (802 views)
Shortcut
Howdy, Gramma! [In reply to] Can't Post

What a beautiful day it is here! We will be sorry it's been so warm and dry by the end of summer, probably, but I'm sure enjoying it now. We are in the last throes of renovating our kitchen, I can't wait for it to be over, it's been at least six weeks of having everything either all over the place or in boxes. I plan to thin out a great deal of the "stuff" before filling the cupboards/drawers again.

Make me a chai tea, please, Gramma, I'm going out for a pedicure this morning, it'll be really relaxing.

Happy weekend, everyone!

"There are some things that it is better to begin than to refuse, even though the end may be dark."

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

May 29 2015, 4:33pm

Post #6 of 51 (806 views)
Shortcut
*plops down in chair* [In reply to] Can't Post

Finally got back to my desk, some tech people who were supposed to arrive at 8:00 got here at 11:00, and I was their "tour guide"...

Do you have any iced cappuccino behind the bar there, gramma? The kids are all wound up today, must be the gorgeous summery weather out there!

Lots of prayers and well-wishes for those being inundated down South. My brother in Austin says his home has not been touched by the flood-waters and strong winds, but a lot of that city has been feeling the effects. Unsure

I think I'm going to open all the house-windows and do "Spring Cleaning" this weekend! How about you, gramma?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

grammaboodawg
Immortal

May 29 2015, 4:35pm

Post #7 of 51 (800 views)
Shortcut
Hey Elberbeth! [In reply to] Can't Post

Oh man... that IS a big project! But it's going to be so nice when you're finished :) I've started thinning things out, too... and it's definitely an eye-opener ;)

Have a Wonderful Weekend!

sample

sample

TIME Google Calendar

grammaboodawg
Immortal

May 29 2015, 4:38pm

Post #8 of 51 (801 views)
Shortcut
Touch-down! [In reply to] Can't Post

Oh geez... 3 hours late!? That's not cool at all!

I'm so glad your brother is doing okay, but those storms aren't finished yet by the looks on the news. It's just terrible!

Spring cleaning, fresher... but first heading upstate for some family business. Be glad when it's done ;) Then I'LL plot into a chair and grab something cold!

Have a great weekend, m'dear :)

sample

sample

TIME Google Calendar

Eventides
Tol Eressea

May 29 2015, 4:59pm

Post #9 of 51 (796 views)
Shortcut
Hey, gramma! :) [In reply to] Can't Post

I've got a nice, easy weekend coming up here (going to catch up on some games and some reading, I think!), and that's just fine with me. :)

Also, it finally decided to warm up here, so I'll take a Spring/Summer Usual, please; thanks, and I hope you have a great weekend, gramma! :) *hugs*

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Eventides' Website: ListenUpReviews.com - Rockin' Choices In Entertainment!
"I stepped out of my body to let God slide in; although I'm still dressed in flesh that I spiritually died in. Alive in Christ a new creation started breathin', Life exists and through this came completion. ... I'm not that person anymore (more!)! That's what blood was shed for! No longer a failure, livin' life more abundantly, therefore you'll never see me livin' less than victory."
John Reuben.

"Desperation, needing You; every last breath I scream for You. Shatter me into a million pieces, make me new. ... Break me, mold me, make me what You want me to be; I am Yours, for You to use, so take and replace me with You."
Family Force 5.

"Under a light in Bethlehem, I was sifting through the sand; the saline burned my eyes, I was looking for Your hand. I gave up on myself, and left my pride disarmed; I cried out 'I'm alone!' and found myself in Your arms. 'Rest in Me, oh, My love; I have loved you before the world began. Rest in Me, oh, My love; you'll never wander too far to reach My hand.'"
Showbread.

grammaboodawg
Immortal

May 29 2015, 5:00pm

Post #10 of 51 (795 views)
Shortcut
Hey Evey!! :D [In reply to] Can't Post

That sounds like a GREAT weekend plan! Have a good one :)

sample

sample

TIME Google Calendar

grammaboodawg
Immortal

May 29 2015, 5:01pm

Post #11 of 51 (793 views)
Shortcut
**HANGS OUT SELF-SERVE SIGN** Have a wonderful weekend, everyone :) // [In reply to] Can't Post

sample

sample

TIME Google Calendar

Greenwood Hobbit
Valinor

May 29 2015, 5:11pm

Post #12 of 51 (794 views)
Shortcut
Just tea, thank you... [In reply to] Can't Post

although unlike Gandalf I have an alcoholic ginger beer lined up for later. It looks like summer through the window, but it doesn't feel like it! A very fresh breeze spoils the effect somewhat, and the granny's bonnets in the garden are dancing about wildly. Go Grannies! We have recently (last Monday) experienced three fine Cunard liners visiting the River Mersey to salute the Liverpool home of Cunard on the 175th anniversary of the first transatlantic crossing. They lined up in the river and turned through 180 degrees - quite a sight! The Red Arrows did a quick fly-by too. If you Google 'three queens' you might get some good pictures. Goodness know what else you'll get - the internet's like that! *cough* I probably should have tried it before posting the suggestion...Have a great weekend, folks!
Edit: If you Google 'three queens in Liverpool' that should avoid any little surprises...

(This post was edited by Greenwood Hobbit on May 29 2015, 5:12pm)

Eventides
Tol Eressea

May 29 2015, 5:51pm

Post #13 of 51 (788 views)
Shortcut
Thanks! :) // [In reply to] Can't Post

Eventides' Website: ListenUpReviews.com - Rockin' Choices In Entertainment!
"I stepped out of my body to let God slide in; although I'm still dressed in flesh that I spiritually died in. Alive in Christ a new creation started breathin', Life exists and through this came completion. ... I'm not that person anymore (more!)! That's what blood was shed for! No longer a failure, livin' life more abundantly, therefore you'll never see me livin' less than victory."
John Reuben.

"Desperation, needing You; every last breath I scream for You. Shatter me into a million pieces, make me new. ... Break me, mold me, make me what You want me to be; I am Yours, for You to use, so take and replace me with You."
Family Force 5.

"Under a light in Bethlehem, I was sifting through the sand; the saline burned my eyes, I was looking for Your hand. I gave up on myself, and left my pride disarmed; I cried out 'I'm alone!' and found myself in Your arms. 'Rest in Me, oh, My love; I have loved you before the world began. Rest in Me, oh, My love; you'll never wander too far to reach My hand.'"
Showbread.

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

May 29 2015, 7:57pm

Post #14 of 51 (781 views)
Shortcut
Cold, so cold... [In reply to] Can't Post

I'll take a hot *anything* at this time of the morning!

We do have a pretty pretty white mountain against a deep blue sky but the freezing nights are a stiff price to pay for them!

We've got a long weekend as Monday is Queen's Birthday (although not her actual birthday). Although it'll be more like a two-day weekend for me as I'll be putting in some extra hours today. :(

Happy end of the week, everyone!

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Ethel Duath
Half-elven

May 29 2015, 8:53pm

Post #15 of 51 (770 views)
Shortcut
Oh my, oh my, oh my [In reply to] Can't Post

Tell that thing to give me my breath back!ShockedSmile

And I've never seen elk with their horns in velvet and their winter coats fluffing off before. Love it.

Thank you!SmileSmileSmile

Starling
Half-elven

May 29 2015, 8:54pm

Post #16 of 51 (775 views)
Shortcut
A frosty 'mourning' [In reply to] Can't Post

It was -4 yesterday, although not quite so cold this morning. I love these frosts. Sorry, aphids, your time is over.
This weekend I will attempt a garden tidy up and see if I can rescue my house from the cobwebs and dust. I also have work to do but I am in denial about that.

And I am lamenting the loss of Campbell Live. What is NZ coming to?

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

May 29 2015, 10:30pm

Post #17 of 51 (766 views)
Shortcut
The end of times, that's what. [In reply to] Can't Post

Or at least the fraying end of hard journalism in prime time. I didn't get to watch the show as I was at the tediously repetitive Mad Max movie - I think I would rather have been stifling back tears on my couch while watching John one last time, in retrospect.

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Starling
Half-elven

May 29 2015, 10:49pm

Post #18 of 51 (762 views)
Shortcut
It was terribly sad viewing, [In reply to] Can't Post

which started at the end of the weather forecast, as the other presenters began to get wobbly. I sat there thinking about it being the last time I would ever watch that programme, and felt a quiet sense of devastation, not just because it really was the end of the show, but because of what this change represents.

Dame Ioreth
Tol Eressea

May 29 2015, 11:28pm

Post #19 of 51 (773 views)
Shortcut
My son graduated from high school today [In reply to] Can't Post

*sigh* Smile

I am so proud of him. He was the kid that believed his worthless 3rd grade teacher who told him he would never be anything until he changed who he was as a person despite us telling him she was wrong. He hated school. It was another teacher, an amazing man, in his Junior year of high school who gave him a place where he could express his sometimes convoluted thoughts and be seen for the creative thinker he has always been. He inspired my son to do not only his best but strive to do more. He started advancing in rank in Boy Scouts, his grades improved from "C" and "D" to "A" and "B" and his outlook on life turned around. Another amazing teacher in that same Junior year saw that momentum and encouraged my son even more.

Today, he walked across the stage and received not only a diploma, but a certificate of merit, he has turned in his paperwork for his Eagle Rank in Boy Scouts and registered for classes in the fall that will put him on track to for a double major in History and Psychology. Grad school plans will give him his Masters in Teaching. The graduates receive two roses as they walk off the stage after getting their diploma - one white (from the school as a remembrance) and the second yellow to be given to someone who inspired them. He found that teacher in a crowd of hundreds and gave him that rose. When he found us he told me Mr. G had his rose. "That's the teacher I want to be. If I can do what he did for me just once for another kid, it will be enough."

Yeah, I proud of my "little" boy. Just as proud as I was way back in 3rd grade. But now he truly understands why. It took one man, one teacher to make that difference.

_

Heed WBA when building blanket forts.
ITLs don't get enough FAS. :)

Where there's life there's hope, and need of vittles.
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Starling
Half-elven

May 29 2015, 11:37pm

Post #20 of 51 (761 views)
Shortcut
Wonderful [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you for sharing that. A beautiful post. Heart

Ettelewen
Rohan

May 29 2015, 11:49pm

Post #21 of 51 (757 views)
Shortcut
I'll have a proper 1420. [In reply to] Can't Post

It's about 90F here, and muggy (for us, we normally have very little humidity). A cold beer is exactly what's called for.

Mr. Ettelewen and I have friends whose son is graduating from high school this evening, and we are very much looking forward to the ceremony!

*tosses confetti* Happy Fiesta!

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

May 30 2015, 12:02am

Post #22 of 51 (759 views)
Shortcut
*tears up* [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you for sharing that story, Dame Ioreth. It's inspiring and heart-warming to see a young man's potential bloom. Smile

Ataahua's stories

Ettelewen
Rohan

May 30 2015, 12:07am

Post #23 of 51 (758 views)
Shortcut
* Applause! * [In reply to] Can't Post

Congratulations! What a heartwarming story.

Brethil
Half-elven

May 30 2015, 1:01am

Post #24 of 51 (751 views)
Shortcut
Fabulous [In reply to] Can't Post

((((((((((hugs to all))))))))) Go you, Mom. Congrats to him.

Brethil
Half-elven

May 30 2015, 1:03am

Post #25 of 51 (748 views)
Shortcut
Thanks for hosting Gramma! [In reply to] Can't Post

Happy weekend, to you and everyone!

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.