and the path of the serpent.

(Old Icelandic Fe rune poem)

Kim
Valinor

May 28 2015, 2:34am

Post #2 of 13 (1020 views)
Shortcut
Great minds think alike [In reply to] Can't Post

I just posted this, plus the Season 3 trailer and Bryan Fuller interview in the movie thread below:
http://newboards.theonering.net/...forum_view_collapsed;

Smile

Elarie
Grey Havens

May 28 2015, 11:11am

Post #3 of 13 (999 views)
Shortcut
Thanks for the link [In reply to] Can't Post

Interesting interviews! Smile

Gold is the strife of kinsmen,
and fire of the flood-tide,

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

May 28 2015, 1:44pm

Post #4 of 13 (995 views)
Shortcut
The tooth fairy [In reply to] Can't Post

Interesting read. I read an interview with Brian Fuller earlier this week where he said Lee Pace was the first person he wanted, but Lee wasn't available because of "Halt & Catch Fire." Gotta be honest, I think Richard is the better choice. I like Lee, but I'm not sure he's got the experience for this character. Richard, OTOH, has played villanous roles before. Look for a film called "Moving On" on YouTube, where he plays quite the con man.

My biggest question about this is, what is Dolarhyde going to be doing for a living, and how does he stalk the families? That was a key piece of "Red Dragon," that he developed the film for home movies, but nobody uses film anymore. It's interesting that Richard said his character films his crimes, so clearly they are changing things a bit, probably in a good way. I can't say that I will like the show but I'm definitely going to watch it, if for no other reason than to answer my question.Shocked But until then, there's this:

Proud member of the BOFA Denial Association

Elarie
Grey Havens

May 28 2015, 2:59pm

Post #5 of 13 (987 views)
Shortcut
Moving On [In reply to] Can't Post

I've seen that episode and thought it was really good, with great characters who were all an interesting mix of good and bad with some pretty gray areas of behavior. The conversation at the end, though, was my absolute favorite part, and his comparing her unpaid credit card bills to his own shady dealings was right on the money, so to speak. "Respectable" stealing vs. "not respectable" crimes. Great show.

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

May 28 2015, 6:32pm

Post #6 of 13 (983 views)
Shortcut
Mmmm, John Mulligan! [In reply to] Can't Post

I just re-watched it on my lunch break - MAN, he's attractive, and that voice! He could melt butter by talking to it.

People are capable of rationalizing the worst behavior. I realize Francis Dolarhyde is dealing with mental illness, but he is capable of rational thinking and does make some horrific choices - I'm thinking of Freddie Lounds, and his decision to go after Will's family. I read the book a long time ago, and have seen both versions of the movie, the whole thing is kind of disturbing. But yeah, I think Richard will pull it off quite well. After all, he killed his ladylove MarianEvil

Elarie
Grey Havens

May 28 2015, 7:53pm

Post #7 of 13 (975 views)
Shortcut
What a great photo [In reply to] Can't Post

That's the one they should be using on IMDb. Smile Heart

As for the Hannibal stories - I've never read the books or seen the movies except for a few minutes of one of them on TV once, and it was so creepy that I changed the channel, but not, unfortunately, before a horrible scene was permanently burned into my brain. Even that trailer that just came out really was hard to watch, so even though it sounds like RA is going to be stupendous as Dolarhyde and I want to see him play that role, I don't know if I can handle it. Frown

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

May 29 2015, 10:27am

Post #8 of 13 (962 views)
Shortcut
The pic on the TORn Facebook page: [In reply to] Can't Post

https://www.facebook.com/.../?type=1&theater

Some of the comments are amusing!

(By the way...neither "Hamlet: Prince of Denmark" nor his reading of it won at the Audies last night. Unsure)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

May 30 2015, 2:57pm

Post #9 of 13 (927 views)
Shortcut
"Dragon Sickness," LOL! [In reply to] Can't Post

More like "Red Dragon Sickness"Evil

And who is the lucky person that gets to paint that tatoo on his "fine physical specimen" back? Bet there's lots of volunteers for that jobTongue

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

May 30 2015, 7:03pm

Post #10 of 13 (920 views)
Shortcut
My wife is a big 'Hannibal' fan. [In reply to] Can't Post

Tayna's been following developments in the series. The Red Dragon tattoo is an application that is put on in sections. The stretching and contraction of RA's skin means that the tattoo must be digitally manipulated to smooth-out the effect.

"At the end of the journey, all men think that their youth was Arcadia..." - Phantom F. Harlock

Avandel
Half-elven

May 31 2015, 5:14pm

Post #11 of 13 (898 views)
Shortcut
Ditto [In reply to] Can't Post

Even that trailer that just came out really was hard to watch, so even though it sounds like RA is going to be stupendous as Dolarhyde and I want to see him play that role, I don't know if I can handle it. Frown

And there are other actors (that maybe I don't like as much as RA, but still) who have done things that just reading the synopsis was disturbing enough, I know I am going to skip the film.

On the other hand, just reading the interviews, it sounds as though Richard has brought what I am beginning to think of as his "usual impeccable quality" to the part (considering pre-AUJ I had barely heard of him).

*Sigh* - maybe I will just wait - if I can stand it - and get the gritty details from websites and commenters - and THEN decide if I will check out the actual footage. Unsure

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jun 4 2015, 12:35am

Post #12 of 13 (850 views)
Shortcut
Did you know, he's a Guillermo del Toro fan? [In reply to] Can't Post

Producer Bryan Fuller on his mis-stating which Guillermo was directing episodes of Hannibal: "Richard Armitage called me up, and he was like, “Oh my god, I love Guillermo del Toro; is that the one that I’m in?” I was like, “No… It’s Guillermo Navarro; you’ve worked with him, and you said that you loved him.” He was like, “There’s no del Toro?” And I was like, “I wish there was del Toro.” I mean, I would love to work with del Toro."

Aww...

The full interview is here: http://www.fangoria.com/...n-hannibal-part-one/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

Elarie
Grey Havens

Jun 4 2015, 2:34am

Post #13 of 13 (844 views)
Shortcut
Thanks for that link [In reply to] Can't Post

Interesting interview and info. Smile

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.