The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
HELP NEEDED: Essay On CS Lewis and Narnia

LordGawain
Rivendell

May 26 2015, 3:33pm

Post #1 of 3 (482 views)
Shortcut
     HELP NEEDED: Essay On CS Lewis and Narnia  

I'm a student of English literature at the University of Antwerp, and so is my girlfriend. As an assignment, She to write a paper on the use of christian themes and symbolism in C.S. Lewis' The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. While we are fans of the series ourselves, and she would be able to write this paper easily, She has to find sources that back up her claims, as the assignment is to investigate what has already been said in the academic field.

She only found one article online, since most writing on the subject happened before the digital age, and is only available in books and journal collections. I requested several of these articles in my uni's library for her several weeks ago, but their system has been facing difficulties and they cannot meet their high demands, which means my girlfriend probably won't be able to meet her deadline, failing the course.

I figured that, maybe among you Tolkien fans, there might be some C.S. Lewis fans as well, who have access to some articles relevant to this topic, and could send those articles to me. 2 or 3 articles would be enough to help her finish her paper. If you have any relevant files on your pc, or know of any other way to help, please contact me by e-mail: adamdens@hotmail.com

Thank you so much in advance!

A worried boyfriend,
Adam

Half a league, half a league, half a league onward,
All in the valley of Death, rode the six hundred.
'Forward, the Light Brigade! Charge for the guns' he said:
Into the valley of Death rode the six hundred.

Theirs not to make reply, theirs not to reason why,
Theirs but to do and die:
Into the valley of Death rode the six hundred.

shadowdog
Rohan

May 26 2015, 4:37pm

Post #2 of 3 (463 views)
Shortcut
     Has she access to [In reply to]  

David C. Downing (2005), Into the Wardrobe: C. S. Lewis and the Narnia Chronicles. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass. ISBN 0-7879-7890-6
Bruce L. Edwards (2005), Not a Tame Lion: The Spiritual World of Narnia. Tyndale. ISBN 1-4143-0381-5
Bruce L. Edwards (2005), Further Up and Further In: Understanding C. S. Lewis's The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. Broadman and Holman. ISBN 0-8054-4070-4
Jon Kennedy (2008), The Everything Guide to C. S. Lewis and Narnia. Adams Media. ISBN 1-59869-427-8
Jon Kennedy (2012), C. S. Lewis Themes and Threads. Amazon Kindle ASIN B00ATSY3AQ

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

May 26 2015, 6:08pm

Post #3 of 3 (458 views)
Shortcut
     We typically don't do homework [In reply to]  

Best of luck!

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.