The Battle Of The Five Armies - Extended Edition PART 2 Can't Post

https://www.youtube.com/...amp;feature=youtu.be

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

May 24 2015, 7:40pm

Post #2 of 11 (2044 views)
Shortcut
About that chariot [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't see how the chariot ended up in the middle of the battle, when they were driving it on the frozen river, but whatever. I also don't know when Galdalf would have a chance to tell Thorin about his dad. Some people think there's a missing scene, well maybe he went to Erebor before he went to Dale, and maybe Thorin said something pig-headed and wouldn't let him in, either.

I could care less about Azog's Warg, though. I'd rather see something in the way of a coronation, either for Dain or Bard.

Proud member of the BOFA Denial Association

Smaug the iron
Gondor

May 24 2015, 7:46pm

Post #3 of 11 (2028 views)
Shortcut
At [In reply to] Can't Post

3.05 in the video he is showing where Gandalf can tell about Thrain

Mooseboy018
Grey Havens

May 24 2015, 8:01pm

Post #4 of 11 (2012 views)
Shortcut
Thrain [In reply to] Can't Post

Gandalf could tell Thorin after he says "You're not making a very splendid figure as King Under the Mountain are you, Thorin son of Thrain?" It makes perfect sense, which is why it was highlighted in the video. I wonder if Thorin would even believe that Gandalf found his father. And if he does believe him, I imagine he won't be very happy to hear that Gandalf wasn't able to actually save him.

(This post was edited by Mooseboy018 on May 24 2015, 8:02pm)

Mr. Arkenstone (isaac)
Tol Eressea

May 24 2015, 10:49pm

Post #5 of 11 (1876 views)
Shortcut
I am not looking forward the chariot [In reply to] Can't Post

A highly probably to be a nother OTT action sequence, that plus Alfridīs death, I am not waiting for that. Yes I want to see more battle, but not that kind of action.

Looking forward more Gandalf from the trailer, and Sauron, and of course the funeral scene

The flagon with the dragon has the brew that is true

Survivor to the battle for the fifth trailer

Hobbit Cinema Marathon Hero

AshNazg
Gondor

May 24 2015, 11:01pm

Post #6 of 11 (1874 views)
Shortcut
I think the chariot could be fun... [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm expecting something similar to the Bombur Barrel gag. I actually really enjoyed that gag somehow. I guess because it goes SO far that I just can't help but laugh. I know it's unTolkien and unMiddle-earth and I really shouldn't like it, and I fully understand those that don't. But as much as I should hate it, I find myself laughing every time, it's just so mad. Laugh

I don't like much of the other OTT stuff, though. Legolas jumping on their heads, the weird lava boat ride or Bard killing that troll thing. But I think if the chariot is played for laughs it could work and be something to look forward to (in a weird, guilty pleasure kinda way)

Mr. Arkenstone (isaac)
Tol Eressea

May 24 2015, 11:04pm

Post #7 of 11 (1868 views)
Shortcut
haha yeah I get your feeling [In reply to] Can't Post

I lked Legolas in the barrel scape not so much bombur but Legolas was instant classic for me XD

The flagon with the dragon has the brew that is true

Survivor to the battle for the fifth trailer

Hobbit Cinema Marathon Hero

Bishop
Gondor

May 25 2015, 1:33am

Post #8 of 11 (1810 views)
Shortcut
It could be fun [In reply to] Can't Post

The first time I saw the barrel scene I was laughing so hard I couldn't see straight. I was convinced that Peter Jackson had lost his mind, because such a sequence could only have come from the mind of someone truly mad. I don't think the chariot scene will be played for laughs though. My guess is it will have the same tone and urgency as the Smaug Erebor chase. I am also not looking forward to seeing Alfrid's OTT death. There is NO chance it will be subtle. No way no how.

(This post was edited by Bishop on May 25 2015, 1:33am)

lionoferebor
Rohan

May 25 2015, 3:38am

Post #9 of 11 (1765 views)
Shortcut
Hmm... [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I don't see how the chariot ended up in the middle of the battle, when they were driving it on the frozen river, but whatever.

I thought when it said the chariot scene happens in the middle of the battle, it was referring to the time it occurs rather than the location. My interpretation is half-way through the battle they jump on the chariot and ride along a frozen river that's near the battle but not in the middle of it.

In Reply To
I could care less about Azog's Warg, though. I'd rather see something in the way of a coronation, either for Dain or Bard.

Honestly, I forgot about Azog's Warg...still I too could care less about its demise. Also, it's only speculated to be included. Last I heard the only scenes that are a sure go for the extended are the chariot, the funeral, and more Beorn. Everything else is speculation at the moment.

Though IMO Dain's coronation should be included (I'll be surprised if it's not), as it was never made clear in the films who would inherit the throne after Thorin and his nephews. I don't feel a coronation for Bard is necessary - it would be nice - but not necessary since it's obvious he has taken on the leadership role and the Lake-men have accepted him into that role.

Mooseboy018
Grey Havens

May 25 2015, 4:16am

Post #10 of 11 (1754 views)
Shortcut
Dain [In reply to] Can't Post

Philippa Boyens confirmed that Dain's coronation will be in the extended cut, and he'll have a scene with Bilbo.

Bombadil
Half-elven

May 25 2015, 7:36am

Post #11 of 11 (1699 views)
Shortcut
MOST Excellent post! by Pryftan AV,whoever he is... [In reply to] Can't Post

Quite a bit of work went into this.
SSoo..checked him out & I seems from Twitter
whoever this person is..is German?
Since additional images are about 50/50 in German
& then in English...

This work has many Quite hopeful extensions to
what most of us feel
is necessary to complete this Film.

The Funeral itself, could absolutely Blow us AWAY!

Bom will go a bit out on a Limb..& say.. personally Glad
it was NOT in the First version since Bom was Already pretty
devastated by Thorin's Death.

The Funeral would have made it
even harder to find my car?.. after this Movie,
last December.

Bom was a mess.
Crazy

www.charlie-art.biz
"What Your Mind can conceive... charlie can achieve"

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.