Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: The Arena:
Feanor v/s Fingolfin v/s Finrod v/s Earendil v/s Hurin v/s Huor v/s Turin v/s Tuor ---- The mightiest one in First-Age?

Smeagol Bagginsess
Rivendell

Apr 20 2013, 8:05pm

Post #1 of 8 (5909 views)
Shortcut
Feanor v/s Fingolfin v/s Finrod v/s Earendil v/s Hurin v/s Huor v/s Turin v/s Tuor ---- The mightiest one in First-Age? Can't Post

Arrange them sequentially, in a face-to-face fight who'd stand tall and who'd be the last to fall?

I am the Grandson of Samwise Gamgee. My grandpa loved Frodo uncle and Frodo uncle loved his pet, Smeagol. So I am named Smeagol Bagginsess! Ain't I cute?

CuriousG
Half-elven

Apr 21 2013, 2:17pm

Post #2 of 8 (5214 views)
Shortcut
Hard to sequence them all [In reply to] Can't Post

Feanor dies in his first fight--out.

I think Fingolfin would be the last standing. He held up against Morgoth pretty well.

The rest would be a bloody mess.

imin
Valinor

Apr 22 2013, 1:05pm

Post #3 of 8 (5167 views)
Shortcut
Turin [In reply to] Can't Post

Just because i feel sorry for him and think it would be good practice for Melkor/Morgoth Tongue

And Iluvatar spoke to Ulmo, and said: 'Seest thou not how here in this little realm in the Deeps of Time Melkor hath made war upon thy province? He hath bethought him of bitter cold immoderate, and yet hath not destroyed the beauty of thy fountains, nor of my clear pools. Behold the snow, and the cunning work of frost! Melkor hath devised heats and fire without restraint, and hath not dried up thy desire nor utterly quelled the music of the sea. Behold rather the height and glory of the clouds, and the everchanging mists; and listen to the fall of rain upon the Earth! And in these clouds thou art drawn nearer to Manwe, thy friend, whom thou lovest.

Smeagol Bagginsess
Rivendell

Apr 22 2013, 5:55pm

Post #4 of 8 (5170 views)
Shortcut
Oh, I see I haven't given my choices yet. [In reply to] Can't Post

Let's see:

I have to disagree with you CuriousG. I don't think Feanor would die first. My choice for that is either Finrod or Earendil.
Feanor though lost in the only battle he ever fought, but : 1. He was blinded by vengeance 2. No one till then knew the actual power of Morgoth. I doubt Feanor would have been a good match for Fingolfin himself, though I think he's weaker.

I think the final battle would be between Fingolfin and Hurin. An Elf and a man. That's so epic! An elf who injured Melkor himself and a man who slew 70 trolls all by himself!! Those are quite achievements. But I suppose Fingolfin will win.

I place Earendil and Finrod at the last because we really don't know how well they fought individually. (Haven't read Sil in a while, so pardon if there are any mistakes). And I think they are more noble and courageous rather than having an unstoppable fury (like Feanor).

That leaves Huor, Turin and Tuor. I'll go with Huor first because he's Hurin's brother (so he may be somewhat close to as powerful as Hurin was).
Turin v/s Tuor. I'd go with Tuor this time though (though he's related to Hurin). I don't recall Turin doing any one-on-one fighting. The only thing he ever did to achieve fame was when he slew Glaurung which he did in secrecy. So that, I think doesn't help in this fight. Tuor on the other hand did lead the few men of Gondolin succesfully to their destination. He's got to have some strength within himself to do that.

In short my order:

1. Fingolfin
2. Hurin
3. Huor
4. Tuor
5. Turin
6. Finrod and Earendil

I am the Grandson of Samwise Gamgee. My grandpa loved Frodo uncle and Frodo uncle loved his pet, Smeagol. So I am named Smeagol Bagginsess! Ain't I cute?

BeornBerserker
Lorien

May 31 2013, 3:29pm

Post #5 of 8 (5152 views)
Shortcut
Hurin [In reply to] Can't Post

Finrod Felagund 5
The Shire

Jul 4 2013, 12:59pm

Post #6 of 8 (5623 views)
Shortcut
Fingolfin [In reply to] Can't Post

I think in the Silmarillion Fingolfin is called the strongest...I'd even throw in Fingolfin's 2 sons, Fingon and Turgon, as well as Thingol, and Maedhros (2 handed). All of them are at the utter peak of their powers; I would rank it thusly:

1. Fingolfin (Strongest & most valiant)
2. Feanor
3. Thingol
4. Turin
5. Hurin
6. (Tie) Maedhros & Fingon
8. Earendil
9. Turgon
10. Finrod
11. Huor

Other cool fighters from the First Age who could do serious damage: Ecthelion (killed Gothmog!), Glorfindel, Beren, Mablung, and Beleg.

I was ranking the fighters more as I believe they would do against others than in a free for all, as in a free for all to the death, no doubt Fingon & Turgon would fight alongside their father just as Hurin, Huor, Turin, & Tuor would fight together, and Maedhros would have his father's back. Finrod is my favorite Tolkien character outside of LotR, but he was not as much a warrior as a wise king.

Konrad S
Lorien

Feb 7 2015, 11:34am

Post #7 of 8 (5171 views)
Shortcut
Feanor would win i think and soon Fingolfin [In reply to] Can't Post

What i have read did feanor kill many balrogs before i died

Maglor

May 21 2015, 2:28am

Post #8 of 8 (3217 views)
Shortcut
But Wait! [In reply to] Can't Post

But what about Maedhros with only one hand. It says that he learned to be more skillful with wielding the sword with his left hand than he ever was with his right.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.