Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
River of Denial part 3 - more Thorin pics!!!

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

May 20 2015, 1:40pm

Post #1 of 12 (1350 views)
Shortcut
River of Denial part 3 - more Thorin pics!!! Can't Post

It's been awhile since I've floated down the river, so I went for a swim yesterday and found this:

SOOOOO glad I'm not the ONLY one out there that feels this way!!!EvilHeartHeartHeart Our Lord of the silver fountains lives on, and not just in my dreams:

SOOO #Majestic, don't 'ya think? He may be a little confused in this pic, but it gets better:

*speechless!*

TOTAL BADASS!!! Yes he's hurt, but he lives - I tell 'ya, HE LIVES!!!EvilHeartHeartHeart I will accept no other answer! And I'm apparently giving Avandel a run for the money in the image dept., LOL!Tongue

So, anyone else have further proof that our #Majestic Thorin lives? More pics? You can never have too many!!!

Proud member of the BOFA Denial Association

dormouse
Half-elven

May 20 2015, 1:58pm

Post #2 of 12 (1305 views)
Shortcut
You had me worried for a moment there... [In reply to] Can't Post

I read your thread title as 'River of Daniel'! Sly

Excellent pictures, and yes, of course he lives, and will live on film and in print for ever and ever.

Bombadil
Half-elven

May 20 2015, 2:49pm

Post #3 of 12 (1259 views)
Shortcut
There is No Denying, your DENIAL..? // [In reply to] Can't Post

www.charlie-art.biz
"What Your Mind can conceive... charlie can achieve"

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

May 20 2015, 3:45pm

Post #4 of 12 (1231 views)
Shortcut
NOPE! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm a definite Thorinista - you coined that, THANX!!!Cool

CathrineB
Rohan

May 20 2015, 4:05pm

Post #5 of 12 (1224 views)
Shortcut
Aww [In reply to] Can't Post

Good to know I'm not the only one in this river of denial. Not so much for Thorin in my case, but Fili *sobs*
Can't help but feel that the posters were cooler than the scenes in the movie. Possibly because we got nano seconds of the dwarves on the actual battle field Laugh

*image removed - too large*

Dem Durin feels..

kilidoescartwheels - That bottom photo you posted though.... So badass Cool

(This post was edited by entmaiden on May 20 2015, 10:23pm)

Avandel
Half-elven

May 20 2015, 4:38pm

Post #6 of 12 (1209 views)
Shortcut
Of course [In reply to] Can't Post

We know what a shock it was that this "B-roll" footage was ever released, but mistakes in filmdom DO happen - like the notorious view of a van in a Braveheart battle scene. And we know how fatigued PJ and his team were, pre-BOFA.

For instance:

Here we see some confusion re the PR as to what film the Durins are actually in. Not that I am complaining as I think the costumers outdid themselves - *leather and chain maille*TongueTongueTongueHeartHeartHeartHeart

And there are the leaked images that keep popping up:

Here is a scene of Fili and Kili, chatting about Thorin's coronation after the battle.

Personally I can't wait for the scene where Thorin returns the gems to Thranduil, widely rumored to be a scene where all will need super-size boxes of tissues. Because the two kings have suffered so much loss, finally they are able to come to terms with each other.

And happily over the years Bard and Thorin become friends, and in later years unite against Sauron's minions.

Tho Gloin never quite gets over his treatment by the elves, and passes his fiery irritation with the elven race to his son. However, Gimli had also heard the stories of Legolas' assistance of Thorin years before, so as we see in LOTR, Gimli quite rapidly accepts the elf Legolas as an ally.Cool

Avandel
Half-elven

May 20 2015, 5:06pm

Post #7 of 12 (1181 views)
Shortcut
Badassery for sure [In reply to] Can't Post

I am especially happy the EE is going to fix the annoying bit where Radagast flies over the Durins and doesn't do anything, really. But of course, that's what happens when unfinished footage gets released.WinkWinkWink

I don't think of it as "denial" so much as a loving gesture of fandom towards PJ, while we patiently wait for the real footage to be released.WinkCoolEvil Of course, those who were looking forward to certain canon scenes will be disappointed, especially with Dain not being crowned and all, but the EE will be SO EPIC that I am sure the majority of
fandom will be pleased.Angelic

In any case, with beings as incandescent as the Durins, it's unthinkable that Thorin does not take his rightful place with Fili and Kili by his side. HeartHeartHeart

However, as PJ & co. have said, there WILL be tragedy. In the EE, we see Alfrid attempt to flee across the trackless miles with his gold bosom, only to fall exhausted in the wastelands. To his distress, he is rescued by a tribe of Wild Men, who not only have no use for gold, but Ghan buri Ghan marries Alfrid off to his sister.Cool

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

May 20 2015, 5:13pm

Post #8 of 12 (1176 views)
Shortcut
Well, can't forget Fili! [In reply to] Can't Post

We all remember this cool scene:

And this one with his bro:

But we can do better:

NOW you're talkin'! Also found this cool artwork:

Looks a bit angry there - maybe it's because little bro got so much more attention? But not too angry, after all:

They are all one big, happy family! (Yeah, my boss is out of town so I can goof off a bit). But just one more before I sign off:

The Warrior Son of Durin!

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

May 20 2015, 5:25pm

Post #9 of 12 (1171 views)
Shortcut
Badassery for sure! [In reply to] Can't Post

He SERIOUSLY looks like he's going to KILL someone here, doesn't he? Not that Azog doesn't deserve it, since he seriously injured (but didn't kill) Fili! Good thing there was such a thick snowbank at the bottom of the tower, just like in "Frozen", to break Fili's fall. And thank goodness that Dwalin showed up just in time to help Thorin - can't imagine how such an important scene was left out!Wink

Bombadil
Half-elven

May 20 2015, 5:54pm

Post #10 of 12 (1156 views)
Shortcut
"THORINISTA", "FILIISTA", "KILIISTA" [In reply to] Can't Post

HOW do you Choose?
...some here love Blondes
Some here love Brunettes?

Since Bomzz Favorite Dwarf is Balin?
I'm a "BALINISTA..?

Crazy

www.charlie-art.biz
"What Your Mind can conceive... charlie can achieve"

Loresilme
Valinor

May 20 2015, 5:55pm

Post #11 of 12 (1157 views)
Shortcut
Here's a sneak peek of that happy moment [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Personally I can't wait for the scene where Thorin returns the gems to Thranduil

Where after a moment of solemn reflection together, Thorin shows how happy he is to be the kind of King who can set right some of the wrongs of the past.

Yes... by all accounts this is a wonderful scene WinkHeartWink.

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

May 20 2015, 10:24pm

Post #12 of 12 (1071 views)
Shortcut
I removed your picture [In reply to] Can't Post

because it exceeded our rules for picture size.

Here's the rules:

The specific guidelines for posting pictures within the message body of your post are as follows: the maximum size of any picture posted should be 525 wide x 400 pixels high (or a better measure is: 210,000 pixels squared - width x height), but no wider than 670 pixels. The maximum file size per picture should be 45k. The cumulative file size of all pictures in one post should not exceed 225k (5 pictures of the maximum filesize of 45k, 10 pictures of a filesize of 22.5k, etc.).

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.