Science's Love Affair with The Lord of the Rings

elentari3018
Rohan

May 16 2015, 4:05am

Post #1 of 2 (674 views)
Shortcut
     Science's Love Affair with The Lord of the Rings  

I love this article so much!
http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2015/05/sciences-love-affair-with-the-lord-of-the-rings/392216/

Surely, we can all diagnose Gollum to be schizophrenic? Now there is an article!
Also article about how the impact on the cave troll's spear on Frodo would've seriously debilitated him according to physics.

More links within! :Dhttp://
"By Elbereth and Luthien the fair, you shall have neither the Ring nor me!" ~Frodo

"And then Gandalf arose and bid all men rise, and they rose, and he said: 'Here is a last hail ere the feast endeth. Last but not least. For I name now those who shall not be forgotten and without whose valour nought else that was done would have availed; and I name before you all Frodo of the Shire and Samwise his servant. And the bards and the minstrels should give them new names: Bronwe athan Harthad and Harthad Uluithiad , Endurance beyond Hope and Hope Unquenchable.." ~Gandalf, The End of the Third Age , from The History of Middle Earth series

(This post was edited by elentari3018 on May 16 2015, 4:05am)

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

May 16 2015, 12:50pm

Post #2 of 2 (631 views)
Shortcut
     Redundant thread is redundant. [In reply to]  

There is already a discussion about this in the Off Topic forum.

There is also a locked thread below on this same topic.

"At the end of the journey, all men think that their youth was Arcadia..." - Phantom F. Harlock

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.