Friday Greetings for Friday Fiesta!
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Roheryn
Tol Eressea

May 16 2015, 9:15am

Post #26 of 33 (230 views)
Shortcut
Hi back atcha, Kimi! [In reply to] Can't Post

I hear you. In my deeprooted sense of How The Universe Works, 4:30 am is a time that exists only after midnight and 2:00 am have also existed, preferably with a fairly large quantity of alcohol and a lot of friends. 4:30 am existing without continuity from midnight is something that simply Should Not Be. Thus some fairly unkind words for my poor dog.

Little Eldarion sure enjoyed playing his trumpet for you and Mr. Kimi, so thanks for the nice words!

I trust you're staying reasonably dry up there? Hope you're enjoying the weekend, and please give our regards to Mr. Kimi! Smile

Eowyn of Penns Woods
Valinor

May 16 2015, 3:31pm

Post #27 of 33 (218 views)
Shortcut
Here, 'bathing the rooster' would have been code for... [In reply to] Can't Post

That Bleeping Psychotic Rooster was being an insufferable SOB again, and got a headfirst dunking in the horse trough for his efforts. ;) I never did it, but I watched. With glee. He outlived the rest of his generation, and when he finally disappeared, well, we weren't sure if a fox got him or if the Devil took back his own! =)

NABOUF
Not a TORns*b!
Certified Curmudgeon
Knitting Knerd
NARF: NWtS Chapter Member since June 17,2011

Dame Ioreth
Tol Eressea

May 16 2015, 3:57pm

Post #28 of 33 (210 views)
Shortcut
Yesterday was my son's prom [In reply to] Can't Post

He looked so nice! Since I had to work, his date came over the night before in her dress so I could see them all dressed up. She made her dress and used Elsa's ice palace gown as inspiration. Really pretty! They stopped home on the way to another event after the prom to change so I got to see them again. Seeing him drive off and thinking... wow, it's his prom... *sigh* His 18th birthday is in a couple weeks. Time flies...

Speaking of flying years, today is my 28th wedding anniversary! Heart It doesn't seem possible that it's been over 30 years since we started dating. I keep saying that every year so I'm sure I will still be saying it when we hit our 50th. We're going out to dinner and a movie tonight. Too busy to go away anywhere right now - maybe later in the summer for a weekend.

We're spending the day running around - Home Depot to order stone and a new lamp for the new sidewalk, Salvation Army to pick up a piece of furniture my daughter ordered with the van. She moves out in just a couple weeks... *another sigh*

And I'll be online for an hour or so watching the live feeds from the Murdoch Mysteries Infernal Device events in Toronto. I wish I could have been there! Last week was in London and they used really fun clues and puzzles to lead the "investigators" from the South Bank over the Tower Bridge to the Tower of London where an arrest was made! It turned out to be a false line of inquiry though and we learned we had been outsmarted. This week will be crucial - HRH Princess Louise will be visiting Toronto to unveil a statue in honor of the first Victoria Day celebration. My fellow investigators are charged with foiling a plot to detonate this Infernal Device and capturing the mastermind behind the plot!!! It's been a lot of fun to play the online games and figure out the clues. I love the show. Good writing but always with a sense of fun, a wink to the fans sometimes, and never any pretentiousness. They poke fun of themselves too as a "detective" show. I'm having a blast along with my youngest daughter. We solve the clues together.

Tomorrow my youngest daughter with her brother as her buddy runs in her second 5K! I missed her at the finish line last time - couldn't find her in the crowd. I'm hoping to be able to see her this time. She's putting those long legs to good use! Smile

By Monday I will be ready to relax from the relaxing. Cool

_

Heed WBA when building blanket forts.
ITLs don't get enough FAS. :)

Where there's life there's hope, and need of vittles.
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Bombadil
Half-elven

May 16 2015, 6:33pm

Post #29 of 33 (206 views)
Shortcut
Well, today I found out that She can't Drive [In reply to] Can't Post

her great CAR anymore, BUT the oldest brother
has taken it
to drive to his Home in Georgia...

I was around this Birthday in December
when she had her License Re-NEWed

STILL very aware, jus' her BOD.. is kinda Giving out.

This is FUNNY, when you talk by the Chapel in the
Retirement Community on a SUNDAY Morning
...? there is a line-up of these
Walkers...
YOU jus' have to get them CREDIT for
Keepin' ON...TRUCKING..ON

Heart

www.charlie-art.biz
"What Your Mind can conceive... charlie can achieve"

Kimi
Forum Admin / Moderator

May 16 2015, 8:13pm

Post #30 of 33 (201 views)
Shortcut
Why trumpet? Maybe influenced by... [In reply to] Can't Post

"Have you ever seen it, Aragorn? The White Tower of Ecthelion, glimmering like a spike of pearl and silver, its banners caught high in the morning breeze. Have you ever been called home by the clear ringing of silver trumpets?"

:)

The Passing of Mistress Rose
My historical novels

Do we find happiness so often that we should turn it off the box when it happens to sit there?

- A Room With a View

Kimi
Forum Admin / Moderator

May 16 2015, 8:17pm

Post #31 of 33 (200 views)
Shortcut
He's grown! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm sure he's grown since we saw him. And yes, the Flemish Giants we saw a while ago were even bigger. :)

Aurora's expression and body language are priceless!

The Passing of Mistress Rose
My historical novels

Do we find happiness so often that we should turn it off the box when it happens to sit there?

- A Room With a View

Meneldor
Valinor

May 16 2015, 10:56pm

Post #32 of 33 (188 views)
Shortcut
That's tough, Bomby buddy. [In reply to] Can't Post

My dad has been having small strokes (TIA's is the medical term, I think) for a few years now. He's pretty much bed-ridden, and his dementia comes and goes from moment to moment. So I'm just saying I understand what you're going through. Hang in there and be there for her as much as you can, is the best advice I have.

They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters, these see the works of the Lord, and His wonders in the deep. -Psalm 107

Bombadil
Half-elven

May 17 2015, 3:01am

Post #33 of 33 (180 views)
Shortcut
SO the REST of the TORn Family [In reply to] Can't Post

need to...Know
Meneldor & Bomby
are
ACTUALLY
USAF Family {RETIRED}

WHO was GWAIHIR's 2nd in Command
of Tolkien's AIR FORCE?

Crazy

www.charlie-art.biz
"What Your Mind can conceive... charlie can achieve"

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.