Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Gaming and Collecting:
Question: Are there any customs problems with ordering from WetaNZ to the US?

DisDwarfWoman
Rivendell

May 12 2015, 2:00am

Post #1 of 8 (1843 views)
Shortcut
Question: Are there any customs problems with ordering from WetaNZ to the US? Can't Post

Help please! Has anyone ordered from WetaNZ to the US before and could give me advice?

I went to use my discount from the party (yay!), but the items I want are not available at the US warehouse, and will therefore be shipping from NZ. I was wondering if this would be a customs problem (i.e. are they going to charge me a lot of extra fees when it arrives?).

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance! Smile

Hobbity Hobbit
Lorien

May 12 2015, 11:41am

Post #2 of 8 (1828 views)
Shortcut
Hi, [In reply to] Can't Post

I think there might be additional shipping fees and it also takes a longer time to arrive, otherwise than that I don't think so. I bought Bilbo's Portrait awhile ago, it was well worth it, it wasn't expensive even with shipping.

"As the snowflakes cover my fallen brothers,
I will say this last goodbye."

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

May 12 2015, 2:36pm

Post #3 of 8 (1825 views)
Shortcut
You can ask the Weta folks [In reply to] Can't Post

They are incredibly helpful, and they answer any questions very quickly.

I think the shipping might be extra, but generally there are no custom duties for purchased items.

DisDwarfWoman
Rivendell

May 12 2015, 3:47pm

Post #4 of 8 (1814 views)
Shortcut
Thanks! [In reply to] Can't Post

As long as I know upfront how much it will cost, I'm good. As far as shipping goes "I'm patient, I can wait!" Wink

DisDwarfWoman
Rivendell

May 12 2015, 3:50pm

Post #5 of 8 (1813 views)
Shortcut
Thanks! [In reply to] Can't Post

That's good to know, the Weta website just says I would be responsible for customs fees, not whether there actually would be any. And the US Govt customs site was worse than useless. Thanks, I appreciate your help! Smile

cats16
Half-elven

May 13 2015, 2:54am

Post #6 of 8 (1794 views)
Shortcut
I ordered some prints in December... [In reply to] Can't Post

They had a great 'Free Worldwide Shipping' promotion going on at the time, so I got them shipped from NZ to the US for nothing! It was a great deal, although I'm sure it's much more expensive right now.

Just a thought, in case it comes around again this year and you're willing to wait a few months. Cool

Best of luck, either way!

Join us every weekend in the Hobbit movie forum for this week's CHOW (Chapter of the Week) discussion!

DisDwarfWoman
Rivendell

May 13 2015, 3:42am

Post #7 of 8 (1788 views)
Shortcut
That's awesome! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for the tip!

Too bad the discount expires in a few days. Though it sounds like free shipping might save me more than the discount will. Decisions, decisions. Smile

cats16
Half-elven

May 14 2015, 12:38am

Post #8 of 8 (1750 views)
Shortcut
You're welcome. :) // [In reply to] Can't Post

Join us every weekend in the Hobbit movie forum for this week's CHOW (Chapter of the Week) discussion!

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.