The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
Martin Freeman joins cast for Captain America: Civil War

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

May 6 2015, 12:29am

Post #1 of 5 (979 views)
Shortcut
Martin Freeman joins cast for Captain America: Civil War Can't Post

Interesting casting! I wonder what role he'll play.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/...mp;objectid=11444143

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

AshNazg
Gondor

May 6 2015, 12:48am

Post #2 of 5 (968 views)
Shortcut
Isn't Cumberbatch playing Doctor Strange in this movie? [In reply to] Can't Post

If so, Freeman and Cumberbatch are becoming a double-act!

Hope he's Captain Britain!

(This post was edited by AshNazg on May 6 2015, 12:50am)

Old Toby
Grey Havens

May 7 2015, 8:14pm

Post #3 of 5 (774 views)
Shortcut
You're kidding, right? [In reply to] Can't Post

Ah, but I wouldn't be surprised at this point. From what I've read, this movie isn't just about Captain America (as I hoped it would be), but the entire Avengers ensemble is going to be in it, as well as....are you ready?....Spiderman and Antman. I wouldn't be alarmed to hear that Martin Freeman was in fact playing Bilbo Baggins....and perhaps the Penguins of Madagascar will make an appearance (ha ha....do you detect a bit of sarcasm in me?). Honestly these films are unfortunately becoming a mish-mash of main characters. I guess they need to keep adding more characters to the pot because they've run out of ideas for good stories.

Not that they had any good ones to begin with.Tongue

"Age is always advancing and I'm fairly sure it's up to no good." Harry Dresden (Jim Butcher)

MatthewJer18
Rohan

May 7 2015, 10:20pm

Post #4 of 5 (761 views)
Shortcut
There's speculation that Martin is playing (spoilers) [In reply to] Can't Post

The father of a kid who is accidentally killed during a battle the Avengers are fighting, which is what drives the superhero registration attempt forward. If so, it would probably be a minor-ish role, but who knows? Nothing's been confirmed.

swordwhale
Tol Eressea

May 13 2015, 3:41pm

Post #5 of 5 (644 views)
Shortcut
actually was hoping for [In reply to] Can't Post

North Wind...

oh wait

that would mean Benedict Cumberbatch would be doing the Paul Bettany thing: playing a voice and a live action character...

(NW is the Penguins of Madagascar nod to SHIELD, and Benny was a great Siberian Husky)

Na 'Aear, na 'Aear! Mýl 'lain nallol, I sûl ribiel a i falf 'loss reviol...
To the sea, to the sea, the white gulls are crying, the wind is blowing and the white foam is flying...

JARVIS is my copilot, and it's bigger on the inside...

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.