NYC Tolkien Conference June 13

elentari3018
Rohan

May 4 2015, 6:33pm

Post #1 of 8 (7122 views)
Shortcut
NYC Tolkien Conference June 13 Can't Post

http://newyorktolkienconference.com/

Anyone from TORN going? I am definitely going. Sounds like an amazing panel of discussions and talks and it's a Tolkien geek's dream. :)

Hope to see some of you there!!!!!

"By Elbereth and Luthien the fair, you shall have neither the Ring nor me!" ~Frodo

"And then Gandalf arose and bid all men rise, and they rose, and he said: 'Here is a last hail ere the feast endeth. Last but not least. For I name now those who shall not be forgotten and without whose valour nought else that was done would have availed; and I name before you all Frodo of the Shire and Samwise his servant. And the bards and the minstrels should give them new names: Bronwe athan Harthad and Harthad Uluithiad , Endurance beyond Hope and Hope Unquenchable.." ~Gandalf, The End of the Third Age , from The History of Middle Earth series

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

May 4 2015, 6:57pm

Post #2 of 8 (7112 views)
Shortcut
Sorry. [In reply to] Can't Post

Even though we are at the other end of NYS, I don't anticipate being able to attend. Finances will not allow it.

"At the end of the journey, all men think that their youth was Arcadia..." - Phantom F. Harlock

elentari3018
Rohan

May 6 2015, 4:31am

Post #3 of 8 (7073 views)
Shortcut
i'm sorry to hear that!! [In reply to] Can't Post

will hopefully share pictures!

"By Elbereth and Luthien the fair, you shall have neither the Ring nor me!" ~Frodo

"And then Gandalf arose and bid all men rise, and they rose, and he said: 'Here is a last hail ere the feast endeth. Last but not least. For I name now those who shall not be forgotten and without whose valour nought else that was done would have availed; and I name before you all Frodo of the Shire and Samwise his servant. And the bards and the minstrels should give them new names: Bronwe athan Harthad and Harthad Uluithiad , Endurance beyond Hope and Hope Unquenchable.." ~Gandalf, The End of the Third Age , from The History of Middle Earth series

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

May 6 2015, 12:58pm

Post #4 of 8 (7055 views)
Shortcut
Looking forward to reports and photos! [In reply to] Can't Post

Yeah, the best we can manage for now is making local comics and game conventions. We do expect to be at Queen City Conquest again this September (which again intersects with Talk Like a Pirate Day on September 19) where I will probably sign up to run a session of either The One Ring or Hobbit Tales the story-telling card game.

"At the end of the journey, all men think that their youth was Arcadia..." - Phantom F. Harlock

Rythia

May 6 2015, 3:17pm

Post #5 of 8 (7051 views)
Shortcut
Nice! [In reply to] Can't Post

That does look like an interesting event. Thanks for posting!

Ann Kalagon
The Shire

Jun 13 2015, 2:51am

Post #6 of 8 (6859 views)
Shortcut
definitely plan to attend [In reply to] Can't Post

I also plan to be there, and have my ticket already. Lucky that I am only about a mile from Baruch College.

I might get there a little late as I am working till midnight!

IF they have nametags, I will be sure to write in TORN under my name.
Heart

elentari3018
Rohan

Jun 15 2015, 4:11am

Post #7 of 8 (6815 views)
Shortcut
Sorry didn't catch you! [In reply to] Can't Post

but i do encourage you to join the NYC meet up group that is all about Tolkien..it meets monthly! i will PM you details. :)

Ann Kalagon
The Shire

Jun 16 2015, 2:33am

Post #8 of 8 (6781 views)
Shortcut
Myth Ink? [In reply to] Can't Post

Sounds like fun. I work the evening shift, however? But I would still like to know where and when they have meetings.

I arrived late, around noon, but still caught most of the day. It is exciting that they plan to do this yearly. Heart

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.