The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Reading Room:
** Fellowship of the Ring, Book II: ** Book II leaders, 5/17 - 6/14

Brethil
Half-elven

May 1 2015, 9:30pm

Post #1 of 4 (2903 views)
Shortcut
** Fellowship of the Ring, Book II: ** Book II leaders, 5/17 - 6/14 Can't Post

Hello again, Fellowship of the Room! Its that time again, to start posting chapters for the taking. All are welcome to lead in your style of choosing, both veterans, newbies and anyone in between. We are almost set to go, just one more chapter - Farewell to Lorien - needs a leader. Updated: all slots are now filled.

May 17th: Lothlorien: Brethil

May 24th: The Mirror of Galadriel: CuriousG

May 31st: Farewell to Lorien: NoWizardMe

June 7th: The Great River: Sador

June 14th: The Breaking of the Fellowship: Squire

After Book II, we will be taking a summer break (length TBD) as many people have vacas and summer plans. More posted during early summer as to when discussion of Book III will resume.

Thanks all! Cool

(This post was edited by dernwyn on May 19 2015, 1:34am)

noWizardme
Half-elven

May 2 2015, 3:16pm

Post #2 of 4 (2845 views)
Shortcut
I'll do "Farewell to Lorien ", though I do not know the way. // [In reply to] Can't Post

~~~~~~

"nowimė I am in the West, Furincurunir to the Dwarves (or at least, to their best friend) and by other names in other lands. Mostly they just say 'Oh no it's him - look busy!' "
Or "Hold off! unhand me, grey-beard loon!"

This year LOTR turns 60. The following image is my LOTR 60th anniversary party footer! You can get yours here: http://newboards.theonering.net/...i?post=762154#762154

Brethil
Half-elven

May 2 2015, 3:35pm

Post #3 of 4 (2842 views)
Shortcut
Many thanks Furincurinir! [In reply to] Can't Post

We shall happily follow you through the ruin... Oh wait , 'Farewell' of Lorien. Wink

Much appreciated! All set are we, Yoda says, to forward begin. Cool

Brethil
Half-elven

May 6 2015, 1:01am

Post #4 of 4 (2814 views)
Shortcut
Schedule and chapter leaders for the rest of Book II [In reply to] Can't Post

All set to go forward to close out Book II!
Here is the schedule with chapter leaders:

May 17th: Lothlorien: Brethil

May 24th: The Mirror of Galadriel: CuriousG

May 31st: Farewell to Lorien: NoWizardMe

June 7th: The Great River: Sador

June 14th: The Breaking of the Fellowship: Squire

Thanks to everyone for the excellent, thought provoking posts you all present, write and answer. It is a true pleasure to share these books with you all. I hope everyone who reads along is enjoying it all as well. Angelic

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.