The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Has anyone done a 6 movie marathon yet?

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

May 1 2015, 5:05pm

Post #1 of 13 (1584 views)
Shortcut
Has anyone done a 6 movie marathon yet? Can't Post

I was home yesterday with a sick granddaughter, and finally managed a Hobbit movie marathon. Took nearly 12 hours, mostly due to a long lunch break between AUJ and DOS, plus having to pause BOT5A while cooking dinner. I remember several years ago doing an LoTR marathon with the EEs, and that took 12 hrs without the long breaks, LOL! I imagine it would take like a Friday evening & all day Saturday to get all 6 movies watched, but just curious if anyone has done that. If so, how long did it take, did you take food breaks, etc. I need to know so I can pace myself appropriately, get the hubby out of the house, etc. Let's just say he's not as entralled with Middle Earth as I am Wink

Can't imagine why he feels that way, LOL!!!

Proud member of the BOFA Denial Association

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

May 1 2015, 5:08pm

Post #2 of 13 (1496 views)
Shortcut
'Twill have to wait. [In reply to] Can't Post

Not until the TH:TotFA-EE is released!

"At the end of the journey, all men think that their youth was Arcadia..." - Phantom F. Harlock

Bofur01
Lorien

May 1 2015, 5:14pm

Post #3 of 13 (1492 views)
Shortcut
I tried, my friends decided that we should sleep after the Hobbit part though... [In reply to] Can't Post

...So we cheated :/

Mooseboy018
Grey Havens

May 1 2015, 5:25pm

Post #4 of 13 (1482 views)
Shortcut
Exactly [In reply to] Can't Post

Doing one now would feel like cheating to me.

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

May 1 2015, 5:30pm

Post #5 of 13 (1480 views)
Shortcut
Technically... [In reply to] Can't Post

...I could do a marathon in the near future if I borrow or rent a copy of the theatrical cut of BotFA. So, we'll see.

"At the end of the journey, all men think that their youth was Arcadia..." - Phantom F. Harlock

CathrineB
Rohan

May 1 2015, 7:04pm

Post #6 of 13 (1429 views)
Shortcut
No [In reply to] Can't Post

No not yet. Before the BotfA premiere I did watch AUJ and DoS so I have done a Hobbit marathon sorta, but I think I'll wait till the BotfA EE before I do a six movie marathon because BotfA kinda makes me angry still and it's kinda annoying Laugh

When it comes to a six movie marathon though I think I will have to do a six days marathon though because so many hours in one day is just... too much for me. As of now anyway.

Eruclauron
Bree

May 1 2015, 8:41pm

Post #7 of 13 (1380 views)
Shortcut
In about two weeks! [In reply to] Can't Post

My friend and I are going to be having one, complete with some Middle-earth recipes such as Lembas and Miruvor! :D We're going to be watching all the theatrical editions, except The Desolation of Smaug (because the extra scenes add enough to not only add to, but also change parts of the story, like with Dol Guldur), and once I get all the extended editions, we'll have a marathon of those too! :D

Barrel Rider
Rivendell

May 1 2015, 10:32pm

Post #8 of 13 (1333 views)
Shortcut
Planning a two-day event . . . [In reply to] Can't Post

My parents and sister and I have watched the LotR extended films back-to-back every New Year's Day since RotK came out. We really enjoy that, and after this year, when the last "Hobbit" film came out, we've decided that we're going to try the six-movie marathon over the course of two days --- New Year's Eve and New Year's Day. I don't think we'd make it through all six without sleeping, but I can't wait to try all six in two days. :) At least the "Hobbit" films, even extended, aren't quite as long as LotR!

Elarie
Grey Havens

May 1 2015, 11:36pm

Post #9 of 13 (1319 views)
Shortcut
Yes, over two days [In reply to] Can't Post

I went to the Hobbit marathon at the theater last December, then watched LOTR EE at home the next day. Maybe after BOTFA EE comes out, I'll do another one at home, or at least a Hobbit EE marathon. Smile

Gold is the strife of kinsmen,
and fire of the flood-tide,
and the path of the serpent.

(Old Icelandic Fe rune poem)

Pandallo
Rivendell

May 2 2015, 2:56pm

Post #10 of 13 (1200 views)
Shortcut
Echoing my thoughts... [In reply to] Can't Post

I prefer to see all of the films as they were intended to be, though before BotFA I did watch through the other three extended version and I went to see the Hobbit Marathon at my theater I did marathon through the Hobbit a couple weeks ago, it really made me appreciate BotFA even more.

So next big marathon will be when BotFA:EE is released and that will also encompass Lord of the Rings.

lionoferebor
Rohan

May 3 2015, 2:42am

Post #11 of 13 (1147 views)
Shortcut
Not yet... [In reply to] Can't Post

I've had an LOTR marathon in the past, but haven't managed a Hobbit marathon. I've tried several times, but something or someone seems to interrupt. Then one thing leads to the next and by the time I get back around to watching the movies, it's too late in the day to continue. Unsure

Oh well, they're my films and I have all the time in the world to watch them. When I find the time that is.

Bumblingidiot
Rohan

May 3 2015, 4:15pm

Post #12 of 13 (1091 views)
Shortcut
Haven't seen the twelfth film yet. [In reply to] Can't Post

But I'm planning to watch them all in proper order once finished. Also, I need to decide whether to get the LOTR blurays - probably will.

"Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear."

mirkwoodwanderer
Lorien

May 10 2015, 9:44pm

Post #13 of 13 (775 views)
Shortcut
yes.. 24 times already.. it is great [In reply to] Can't Post

I love the 2 Hobbit movies most
and Battle of 5 is best of all.

Frodo ruins the other movies
with his constant crying and "oh Sam:

such a horrible figure and actor

(This post was edited by mirkwoodwanderer on May 10 2015, 9:45pm)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.