The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: TORn Moots & Other Events:
TOR.n at L.I. Geek Convention this weekend

News from Bree
spymaster@theonering.net

Apr 30 2015, 1:54pm

Post #1 of 2 (3845 views)
Shortcut
TOR.n at L.I. Geek Convention this weekend Can't Post

TheOneRing.net will be at Long Island Geek Convention this weekend (May 2nd and 3rd) along with Dwalin himself, Graham McTavish! In addition to having TOR.n t-shirts, buttons, and lanyards for sale at our fan table (or try your hand at Tolkien trivia for a fun prize!), we're also participating in several panels throughout the weekend. Stop by and say hello!

Saturday -

11:00-12:00 Tales of the Hobbit with Graham McTavish; Graham McTavish tells tales of his adventures as Dwalin in the Hobbit movie trilogy. Hosted by Kirsten Cairns/Greendragon from TheOneRing.net

14:00-15:00 Extended Edition, Biopics -- Silmarillion? What's next for fans of Middle-earth?;
Staffers from TheOneRing.net speculate and share inside info on what may be in the Extended Edition of The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies. And once that is released -- to what can fans look forward next? Could The Silmarillion ever make it on to the big screen?

20:00-21:00 There and Back Again -- a look back over the 17 year journey through Peter Jackson's Middle-earth; Staffers from TheOneRing.net get nostalgic! Join us as we recall the journey from Fellowship to Five Armies -- the ups and downs, the quests to New Zealand, the fans and friends we met along the way. How has your passion for Tolkien and for these movies enriched YOUR life?

Sunday -

10:00-11:00 Tales of the Hobbit with Graham McTavish; Graham McTavish tells tales of his adventures as Dwalin in the Hobbit movie trilogy. Hosted by Kirsten Cairns/Greendragon from TheOneRing.net

13:00-14:00 Kick the Hobbit! All the things we love and hate about Peter Jackson's second Middle-earth trilogy; A love of Tolkien is the common bond shared by all staffers at TheOneRing.net; and most of us also love Peter Jackson's Middle-earth movies. But we still have our personal pet peeves -- and now is the chance to air them! Join us to let rip about those things which just didn't work in The Hobbit trilogy -- and maybe a few from The Lord of the Rings trilogy, too! (We say it all with a great deal of affection)

(This post was edited by entmaiden on May 1 2015, 3:35am)

elentari3018
Rohan

May 4 2015, 6:32pm

Post #2 of 2 (3739 views)
Shortcut
heard about it too late or i would've planned for it! [In reply to] Can't Post

looked like great program!!!

"By Elbereth and Luthien the fair, you shall have neither the Ring nor me!" ~Frodo

"And then Gandalf arose and bid all men rise, and they rose, and he said: 'Here is a last hail ere the feast endeth. Last but not least. For I name now those who shall not be forgotten and without whose valour nought else that was done would have availed; and I name before you all Frodo of the Shire and Samwise his servant. And the bards and the minstrels should give them new names: Bronwe athan Harthad and Harthad Uluithiad , Endurance beyond Hope and Hope Unquenchable.." ~Gandalf, The End of the Third Age , from The History of Middle Earth series

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.