Question about the "grey zone of posting" links and information

Avandel
Half-elven

Apr 29 2015, 3:27pm

Post #1 of 3 (1495 views)
Shortcut
Question about the "grey zone of posting" links and information Can't Post

Especially when you are not sure.

So, I tripped over a fan-made vid that is a "nice collection of stuff" which seems pertinent to recent threads. It's nice IMO. But since I haven't read all the WETA books, and this vid seems to incorporate images from book #5 (I guess?) AND a brief shot of the leak'd funeral image floating aroundEvil, can I:

1) Provide the link anyway and let the mods decide;

2) Refer to the page that has the link without linking - E.g., comment that folks might want to check out a certain page without out anything more than that;

3) When in doubt, don't, as TORn has kept its reputation and trust of PJ and WB by holding itself to standards, and frowns on its members trying to be cuteUnimpressed.

But in this case, I am unsure, as I haven't gotten the last book, and any imagery is low-res.
I can PM the direct link to a mod if someone tells me which mod.

PS. This is not in any way a hostile or irritated inquiry and I am good with any decision(s) - e.g. I view TORn as an asset and service which I do not own. Since the material in this vid appears to have been already officially published but I don't knowUnsure, I thought I would ask for comment/evaluation.

LOL human nature, I'd love to put the link up but.....TongueLaughCool. Thank you for providing clarity.

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 29 2015, 8:50pm

Post #2 of 3 (1458 views)
Shortcut
In general, the best method [In reply to] Can't Post

is to PM an admin or two and provide the link so we can look at it and determine whether the material can be posted on TORn. You can tell which of the admins are around by clicking on Who's Online.

We'll get back to you as quickly as we can, but if the link is not a clear go/no go we might need some time to review and discuss.

Thanks for asking!

Avandel
Half-elven

Apr 30 2015, 1:48am

Post #3 of 3 (1438 views)
Shortcut
OK, will PM link and info [In reply to] Can't Post

To Silverlode and yourself - time to evaluate and any decision OK, and thank you for responding.Smile

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.