The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Are You A Baggins or A Took?

lionoferebor
Rohan

Apr 27 2015, 9:19pm

Post #1 of 16 (1623 views)
Shortcut
Are You A Baggins or A Took? Can't Post

If you were called upon to be the Company Burglar would you agree to it?

I'm not going to lie, I would love to go one an adventure with those thirteen lovable Dwarves...it's the dragon part I'm not so sure about. Crazy

(This post was edited by lionoferebor on Apr 27 2015, 9:24pm)

Lissuin
Valinor

Apr 27 2015, 9:49pm

Post #2 of 16 (1568 views)
Shortcut
A Took in my younger days, [In reply to] Can't Post

now happily settling in to Bagginshood. I do know people who have done it the other way round - home, family, and community first, then later, dragons and balrogs, Machu Picchu, the Amazon, the Appalachian Trail, Petra, wherever the winds take them.

I would get out of my armchair to visit Petra with Gandalf and those dwarves.
But maybe not today. Evil

Riven Delve
Tol Eressea

Apr 27 2015, 9:56pm

Post #3 of 16 (1562 views)
Shortcut
I'm a Baggins... [In reply to] Can't Post

I wouldn't risk the real possibility of dying--too many people depend on me these days. Now if I were single, like Bilbo, et al., well, then I'd...think about it. Wink *cough* I'm sure Thorin, at least, would have some influence in the decision. Angelic

“Tollers,” Lewis said to Tolkien, “there is too little of what we really like in stories. I am afraid we shall have to try and write some ourselves.”

Dwarewien
Rohan

Apr 27 2015, 11:05pm

Post #4 of 16 (1548 views)
Shortcut
Took... [In reply to] Can't Post

since I would jump at the chance to go on an adventure. I may be a little iffy at first, but once I get going, I'm usually glad that I did (since it's good to get out of your comfort zone every once in a while). And somebody has to protect Thorin from Azog. If it were up to me, he would have a much happier ending.Wink

"Will you follow me... one last time?"

Bombadil
Half-elven

Apr 28 2015, 1:23am

Post #5 of 16 (1517 views)
Shortcut
SING IT.."Somedays I feel like a Took..Somedays, NOT.."// [In reply to] Can't Post

www.charlie-art.biz
"What Your Mind can conceive... charlie can achieve"

Eruwestial37
Rohan

Apr 28 2015, 4:10am

Post #6 of 16 (1489 views)
Shortcut
Good question! [In reply to] Can't Post

Before I got Fibromyalgia, I was definitely a Took. Horses, motorcycling, traveling, ballooning, I loved adventure. Now if I could just find a magic ring that would restore my health, I would happily return to Tookdom. Sadly, I have to admit I'm a Baggins. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

CathrineB
Rohan

Apr 28 2015, 8:07am

Post #7 of 16 (1457 views)
Shortcut
Hmm [In reply to] Can't Post

I think I'm a bit of both which is why I related to Bilbo quite a bit Laugh Like I would very much want to, but then the voice of reason would be like "You can't just up and run! You have responibilities!!" lol

Who's to say I wouldn't end up going though XD

BlackFox
Half-elven

Apr 28 2015, 8:13am

Post #8 of 16 (1455 views)
Shortcut
A Baggins [In reply to] Can't Post

Though I'd like to think I've got a bit of Took hidden somewhere inside me as well, waiting to be woken by a wizard in about 25 years. Tongue

(This post was edited by BlackFox on Apr 28 2015, 8:15am)

Adrianna
Lorien

Apr 28 2015, 9:25am

Post #9 of 16 (1436 views)
Shortcut
I would love [In reply to] Can't Post

To take on the dangers of Middle Earth. As long as I have the protection of the dwarves.

"I did free him. I freed his wretched head from his miserable shoulders."

dormouse
Half-elven

Apr 28 2015, 10:53am

Post #10 of 16 (1432 views)
Shortcut
I'm a Taggins.... [In reply to] Can't Post

..or more likely - far more likely - a Book!

And I know my cat wouldn't approve of me leaving him for any adventures. But one day - if a real band of dwarves (or perhaps rather elves) came to my door and I could follow them into a world that didn't have tax forms and insurance to arrange and rubbish collections and petrol engines and.... and.... I would follow them like a shot. Or maybe one day, more realistically, I might just get to see New Zealand - that'd be an adventure!

Bombadil
Half-elven

Apr 28 2015, 11:58am

Post #11 of 16 (1411 views)
Shortcut
Leave it to you?...dmouse...BWAhaHAha.../// [In reply to] Can't Post

www.charlie-art.biz

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Apr 28 2015, 12:45pm

Post #12 of 16 (1405 views)
Shortcut
Possibly more of a Brandybuck. [In reply to] Can't Post

I might be more Baggins than Tookish, but I might be reluctant to admit it!

"At the end of the journey, all men think that their youth was Arcadia..." - Phantom F. Harlock

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Apr 28 2015, 1:40pm

Post #13 of 16 (1397 views)
Shortcut
You tell me [In reply to] Can't Post

I'd follow Thorin anywhere - as long as I wasn't late for dinnerTongue

I have been planning my adventure to NZ for some time now, looks like spring of 2016 if all goes well. To bad Thorin won't be there...Unsure

Proud member of the BOFA Denial Association

L. Ron Halfelven
Grey Havens

Apr 29 2015, 3:27am

Post #14 of 16 (1317 views)
Shortcut
Blockheaded Bracegirdle from Hardbottle.// [In reply to] Can't Post

Bombadil
Half-elven

Apr 29 2015, 4:10pm

Post #15 of 16 (1281 views)
Shortcut
WHAzzz IT like? in the Hamlet of "Hardbottle" anyway? [In reply to] Can't Post

Do they all
Hit the Bottle HARD..?

Sorta a Shire SKIDROW..?

Bomb can SEE it Now..

Drunken Hobbits staggerin' Around
WAy-OVER SERVED..!
Crazy

www.charlie-art.biz

Greenwood Hobbit
Valinor

Apr 29 2015, 9:29pm

Post #16 of 16 (1257 views)
Shortcut
Oh, Baggins... [In reply to] Can't Post

with the merest whiff of Tookishness, I think. Wouldn't have made a very good burglar, but I could polish all that lovely wooden furniture in Bag End with the best of 'em! Mmm, that beeswax and turpentine... second only to the smell of flowers and good food cooking (Okay, that's third only, then...)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.