The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Thorin vs. Azog

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Apr 26 2015, 7:32pm

Post #1 of 22 (2737 views)
Shortcut
Thorin vs. Azog Can't Post

Well I've finally created my video and it covers the entire fight sequence from Azog charging from the doorway to his sliding under the ice. The action and sword work is pretty amazing! I edited out all the cutaways to other fights, although Legolas is still in the video - couldn't be helped, really. This is definitely for all my fellow Thorin Thralls and Denial friends. It ends with our brave King Under the Mountain standing victorious over his defeated enemy. Yes, Peter Jackson will tell you that Azog magically broke through the ice, but that's not really what happened. He is taking us for fools. This is a ruse - a filthy lie! Thorin Oakenshield is alive inside this mountain! It is a trick!

And I look just like Anna Friel.

*link removed*

Proud member of the BOFA Denial Association

(This post was edited by entmaiden on Apr 28 2015, 1:56pm)

Angharad73
Rohan

Apr 26 2015, 8:46pm

Post #2 of 22 (2567 views)
Shortcut
I reject... [In reply to] Can't Post

... Peter Jackson's reality and accept yours.

Of course, Thorin is alive and ruling as King under the Mountain. Yep, that's what happened.

Cool video!

Elarie
Grey Havens

Apr 26 2015, 9:53pm

Post #3 of 22 (2520 views)
Shortcut
At last! [In reply to] Can't Post

The files have been de-classified and the truth is revealed. Now we can all rest easy in the knowledge that Erebor is safe in the hands of it's rightful king! Smile

Gold is the strife of kinsmen,
and fire of the flood-tide,
and the path of the serpent.

(Old Icelandic Fe rune poem)

Starglass
Rivendell

Apr 26 2015, 10:18pm

Post #4 of 22 (2507 views)
Shortcut
Ooh! [In reply to] Can't Post

Can't wait to watch this! I've been wishing for awhile to see this battle without any interruptions- thanks for putting making that possible! Now I can really focus on all the skill and technique that went into it.

And, of course, I like your ending much better. Wink

Glorfindela
Valinor

Apr 27 2015, 12:03am

Post #5 of 22 (2488 views)
Shortcut
Worth delurking… [In reply to] Can't Post

…to hear about this.

But OF COURSE he is not dead. Angelic

Bombadil
Half-elven

Apr 27 2015, 12:30am

Post #6 of 22 (2467 views)
Shortcut
You, "THORIN-ISTAzz" always CRACK bomby UP!../// [In reply to] Can't Post

www.charlie-art.biz
"What Your Mind can conceive... charlie can achieve"

MEM
The Shire

Apr 27 2015, 3:00am

Post #7 of 22 (2446 views)
Shortcut
Nice edit! [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
This is definitely for all my fellow Thorin Thralls and Denial friends. It ends with our brave King Under the Mountain standing victorious over his defeated enemy. Yes, Peter Jackson will tell you that Azog magically broke through the ice, but that's not really what happened. He is taking us for fools. This is a ruse - a filthy lie! Thorin Oakenshield is alive inside this mountain! It is a trick!

I agree, he is alive! After all, if he really is King Under the Mountain, then he falls under the legend of the sleeping kings, and will one day return when he is called for, like King Arthur.

It is what I tell I tell myself when I cry into my pillow at night, at least. Tongue

I'm a Middle-Earth Munchkin.

Konrad S
Lorien

Apr 27 2015, 3:58am

Post #8 of 22 (2426 views)
Shortcut
Sorry but i cant find it can someone do a direct link? [In reply to] Can't Post

Dwarewien
Rohan

Apr 27 2015, 11:26pm

Post #9 of 22 (2289 views)
Shortcut
Here you go... [In reply to] Can't Post

*link removed*

And thank you so much for this, since I don't mind rewatching this scene as long as nothing bad happens to Thorin (I hate that). As regards to Legolas, I'm glad he finally gave back Orcrist to Thorin (just in the nick of time). And that scene when Thorin pulls out Orcrist and points it in our direction looks much better in 3D.Smile

"Will you follow me... one last time?"

(This post was edited by entmaiden on Apr 28 2015, 1:52pm)

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 28 2015, 1:54pm

Post #10 of 22 (2232 views)
Shortcut
The admins discussed this video [In reply to] Can't Post

and we decided that since it is only linking scenes from copyrighted material without adding any new content, it's not allowed here. You are free to discuss what you did, but linking to the material or giving instructions on how to find it will not be allowed on TORN.

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Apr 28 2015, 7:36pm

Post #11 of 22 (2175 views)
Shortcut
How can you discuss a video with people who haven't seen it? [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
and we decided that since it is only linking scenes from copyrighted material without adding any new content, it's not allowed here. You are free to discuss what you did, but linking to the material or giving instructions on how to find it will not be allowed on TORN.

You guys suck all the joy out of life.Mad

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 28 2015, 11:40pm

Post #12 of 22 (2156 views)
Shortcut
Really? [In reply to] Can't Post

Let's get some perspective. We have been blessed with three wonderful movies, and the film-makers take the time to provide extended editions. They have spent years creating these movies, and we provide a forum to discuss those movies. We are protecting their rights to their work, and trying to keep these message boards out of legal trouble so we can all continue to enjoy the movies.

There are over 2,000 people dead in Nepal. "Sucking all the joy out of life" is not on our radar screen.

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Apr 29 2015, 12:52am

Post #13 of 22 (2147 views)
Shortcut
Yes, really [In reply to] Can't Post

Well I'm trying to decide how to respond to this - I'm sorry about the people in Nepal, but I don't know what that has to do with anything. I don't like the policy, you don't like my objection. And it doesn't answer the question of how I can discuss my video with people who can't see it. I guess the REAL answer is, "I CAN'T!"

I'm going to de-escalate this right now. Over and out.

Goldeneye
Lorien

Apr 29 2015, 6:47pm

Post #14 of 22 (2083 views)
Shortcut
Other options [In reply to] Can't Post

There's always Reddit, IMDB, Forumshire, and countless other sites you can share the link. Or you can start your own website/blog page as I did and post anything you like (until you get cease & desist orders lol). I've come to terms with what can and cannot be shared here on TORN...it's a bummer and maybe a little paranoid on their part but I understand the reasoning to a degree.

All that being said, your clip turned out nice. The question I have is...how would you end the film and still keep Thorin alive?

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Apr 29 2015, 9:46pm

Post #15 of 22 (2050 views)
Shortcut
Keeping Thorin alive [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
There's always Reddit, IMDB, Forumshire, and countless other sites you can share the link. Or you can start your own website/blog page as I did and post anything you like (until you get cease & desist orders lol). I've come to terms with what can and cannot be shared here on TORN...it's a bummer and maybe a little paranoid on their part but I understand the reasoning to a degree.

All that being said, your clip turned out nice. The question I have is...how would you end the film and still keep Thorin alive?

Thank you! As for how, just wait 'til my NEXT fanvideo, bwahahahahaha!!! It's more like a little game I'm playing in my head, sort of "selective memory" and all. If I don't see the death scenes, they never happened, LOL!Tongue

On the technical side, I am still getting the hang of this video editing software. I'm wanting to match up certain clips with certain points in the song I've chosen - they're not quite lined up yet. And in the current video there is a ghost image of Legolas, don't know how that happened. This is a fun process though. I found that codec you told me about, btw, thanks for the info!

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

May 6 2015, 4:02am

Post #16 of 22 (1934 views)
Shortcut
Check out my new one! [In reply to] Can't Post

It's called "BOTFA Alt Ending - They Live." Sorry I can't provide a link or tell you where it is, but I bet you can figure it out!

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

May 6 2015, 4:03am

Post #17 of 22 (1929 views)
Shortcut
If you want to know, the answer is out there [In reply to] Can't Post

It's uploaded now. Forumshare seemed a little too hostile for me, so I stuck with the other place.

Elarie
Grey Havens

May 6 2015, 1:06pm

Post #18 of 22 (1913 views)
Shortcut
I love them both [In reply to] Can't Post

I had no trouble finding both of your BOT5A videos and enjoyed them very much - and I especially liked that song in the "They Live" video - I thought it was perfect for the video. Nice work!

Gold is the strife of kinsmen,
and fire of the flood-tide,
and the path of the serpent.

(Old Icelandic Fe rune poem)

AshNazg
Gondor

May 6 2015, 3:20pm

Post #19 of 22 (1917 views)
Shortcut
This is silly, since when have Forums not been allowed to link to Youtube videos?! [In reply to] Can't Post

This is the only forum I've seen that doesn't allow Youtube links because of "Copyright infringement" - especially on the made-up premise that "nothing new was added to the footage, it was just cut and rearranged" somehow makes it more illegal. Crazy

If any laws are broken, that's the fault of the uploader and the provider (Youtube) and has nothing to do with the forum or board members sharing and distributing the link.

(This post was edited by AshNazg on May 6 2015, 3:22pm)

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

May 6 2015, 8:28pm

Post #20 of 22 (1889 views)
Shortcut
Thank you, I appreciate it! [In reply to] Can't Post

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

May 6 2015, 8:31pm

Post #21 of 22 (1890 views)
Shortcut
Yes, well [In reply to] Can't Post

I think I've made a permanent enemy out of one of the mods over this. I don't know for sure, but it sounds like they have ties to the film industry and/or are sponsored by PJ's production co, which could explain alot of this. They sure don't care about screencaps, which come from the same product - oh, I'd best be quiet before they decide to ban those, too! I'm on probation as it isMad

AshNazg
Gondor

May 7 2015, 1:56am

Post #22 of 22 (1876 views)
Shortcut
Sorry to hear about that, it does seem ridiculous to me... [In reply to] Can't Post

But if that's their policy then fine. But I don't agree.

I'm sure you haven't made permanent enemies with anyone. The mods here are lovely, as is all the community. We all have strong, often conflicting, opinions on this board so occasional discrepancies are inevitable and quickly forgiven. It just comes with having such a passionate fan-base. Smile If a war breaks out over it I'm on your side, though. Laugh

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.