www.charlie-art.biz
"What Your Mind can conceive... charlie can achieve"

Avandel
Half-elven

Apr 26 2015, 4:02pm

Post #2 of 9 (1738 views)
Shortcut
Think it's already spoiled [In reply to] Can't Post

I noticed that - personally thought it was a bit tastelessUnimpressed in that as an end movie, I would have thought that any end graphic work would have been more on point about the entire arc of a characterUnsure - but anyway.....

Imagery has been leaked for a while - not hard to find re THAT particular spoiler. IMO it would be nice tho if the concept art with the three great statues supporting the Durins were used - that looked EPIC. But from what I saw of the spoiler images, probably not.....tho it's not gonna be an EE scene I am really into.

I want battle carts! Thorin saying "everything I did...."! More Fili! Elves firing a volley of arrows! More dwarves! More hair action shots! A six-hour movie!WinkCoolAngelic

Brethil
Half-elven

Apr 26 2015, 5:34pm

Post #3 of 9 (1659 views)
Shortcut
Hear! Hear! // [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To

I want battle carts! Thorin saying "everything I did...."! More Fili! Elves firing a volley of arrows! More dwarves! More hair action shots! A six-hour movie!

Bombadil
Half-elven

Apr 26 2015, 5:55pm

Post #4 of 9 (1642 views)
Shortcut
Bomby is giving out one little piece of info..? [In reply to] Can't Post

& you wanted to express your Opinion, & change the Topic?
Okay, Thang yo Berry buch.
Crazy

www.charlie-art.biz

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Apr 26 2015, 7:37pm

Post #5 of 9 (1566 views)
Shortcut
Well, it's Thorin [In reply to] Can't Post

and that always seems to bring out the fangirl in us! I am re-watching the film now, and will definitely look for that image. I do think that those hand-drawn sketches are beautiful, as usual. Now I'm gonna get teary-eyed, as I'm in complete denial regarding the fate of my beloved DurinsUnsureHeartHeart

Proud member of the BOFA Denial Association

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Apr 27 2015, 3:03am

Post #6 of 9 (1379 views)
Shortcut
So I watched it [In reply to] Can't Post

And there are definitely 3 images, but it's hard to tell what I'm looking at - Richard's name is in the way, LOL! I have to agree, I'm not looking forward to the funeral scene in the EE, I WILL cry my eyes outUnsure I have seen another pic, a photo that may be part of the funeral scene, but again it's not the best angle and hard to tell what it is. This means that it will be much easier for me to live in denial, at least until November!Tongue

Proud member of the BOFA Denial Association

He is a wizard, you know!
The Shire

Apr 27 2015, 3:24am

Post #7 of 9 (1370 views)
Shortcut
Thorin died! Get over it! [In reply to] Can't Post

Tongue

"You're a very fine person, Mr. Baggins, and I'm very fond of you, but you're only quite a little fellow in a wide world after all."

Bombadil
Half-elven

Apr 27 2015, 10:37am

Post #8 of 9 (1299 views)
Shortcut
WE knew THAT goin' in... [In reply to] Can't Post

WHICH is likely one
WAY
WHY
We invested SSOoo.. much in THEM.

The Film-makers did a great job on our Nerves
to make them SSOoo..wonderful to KNOW.

With the SSOoo.called "Fleshing out" of the REST
of The Company coming soon..

PREPARE yourself.,,fur a Great Cry of
Happiness/Sadness DURIN' this comin'
Holidays.

HAS there ever beena Movie series that has done that
to you...Other than the LORD of the RINGS?

IT maybe doubly Hard since... it's also sayin' goodbye
to PJFWPB's Vision of MiddleEARTH

Which for Bomby,
is somewhere he doesn't WANT to ever leave.
Crazy

www.charlie-art.biz

Avandel
Half-elven

Apr 27 2015, 11:34pm

Post #9 of 9 (1094 views)
Shortcut
Well, no not really [In reply to] Can't Post

E.g. changing the topic as such, in that the original post says "what do you see?"

I see concept art. Which led to me thinking about the leaked funeral images I had tripped over. Which in turn led me to thinking about the apparent and to me, baffling phenomenon of IMO the most morbid images from BOFA seemingly being the imagery most lovingly posted on all kinds of websites right after BOFA's release. It's been mentioned on the board before, but I still think it's odd. And I personally find it an odd choice for an end-of-a-series credit art image - it wouldn't matter what movie it was.

Then again, "Tooth Fairy" memes have already hit the 'net, so maybe it's just fun wallowing in the nihilism and darkness of the world *shrug*.

So no, not changing the topic - just sayin'. And then again, why include concept art for a scene we never saw in theaters, tho I suppose it could be 1)artistic effect and INTERPOLATING or 2) possibly the credits were done before the final edits, e.g. the funeral was supposed to be there, but wasn't in the TE.

And finally, I don't know how much thought or effort really goes into how end credits for any film look, obviously some work is done, but I can't imagine it's a huge priority for any film, beyond making sure everyone responsible is listed. At least PJ & co. put some effort into it, as opposed to the solid-black-screen-with-text.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.