Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Different release dates a bummer! Do all have the TE that wanted it?

Avandel
Half-elven

Apr 25 2015, 4:10pm

Post #1 of 10 (1511 views)
Shortcut
Different release dates a bummer! Do all have the TE that wanted it? Can't Post

I lost the link to the worldwide release dates for BOFA - but thought the UK was getting it by the 20th? And it seems to have been released in Germany. Tho I remember some IMO *outrageous* release dates....

I know folks are holding out for the EE. But for me, as with the other two movies, I completely enjoy having the TEs in house - it's lovely being able to watch the Hobbit films back-to-back if I like.HeartHeartHeart

Tho I don't envision what PJ & Phillipa seemed to be suggesting - watching all six movies back to back. Maybe if I were sick stuck on a couch or at a huge marathon - e.g. for the BOFA marathon as the theater manager said "we were all going to be there 9 hours". That was fun, but I think in general 3 films at a time is a limit, for me. Probably.Cool

BlackFox
Half-elven

Apr 25 2015, 6:07pm

Post #2 of 10 (1407 views)
Shortcut
Did you mean this? [In reply to] Can't Post

http://www.ondvdreleases.com/...vd-release-date.html

Looks like only our friends in India are still waiting.

dormouse
Half-elven

Apr 25 2015, 6:41pm

Post #3 of 10 (1391 views)
Shortcut
It's out in the UK now.... [In reply to] Can't Post

Mine arrived on the 20th and I'm really enjoying seeing it again. And again, and again....

Avandel
Half-elven

Apr 26 2015, 3:42pm

Post #4 of 10 (1196 views)
Shortcut
Thank you! [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes, that was it! I knew it had been posted but couldn't remember the thread.Frown

Avandel
Half-elven

Apr 26 2015, 3:52pm

Post #5 of 10 (1189 views)
Shortcut
Rewatchability! [In reply to] Can't Post

IMO LOTR and the Hobbit films both - amazing rewatchability!Tongue I am happy you have your copy (finally).

And for me - maybe all BR's are like this but I particularly notice with the Hobbit films - the picture quality and imagery is IMO outstanding.HeartHeartHeart I am just so happy to be able to pause scenes and replay.TongueTongueTongue

And luxuriate in the details of the broken statues of Erebor, the carvings on the bell, Thranduil's elk, the way the wereworms grind rock and just spit it out, costumes, the teeth-like wall of ice shot when Legolas is fighting, the flames and rendering of Smaug. The work on this film is staggering!HeartHeartHeartHeart

Hó , Það sé ég föður minn
Hó , Það sé ég móður mína, og Hó, Það sé ég bræður mínir og systur mínar
Hó , Það sé ég mitt fólk aftur í byrjun
Hó, gera Þeir kalla til mín, og bjóða mér að taka minn stað meðal þeirra í sölum Valhallar
Hvar hugrakkir mun lifa að eilífu

Dwarewien
Rohan

Apr 26 2015, 8:41pm

Post #6 of 10 (1162 views)
Shortcut
I never rewatch scenes... [In reply to] Can't Post

no matter how much I like (or love) a particular scene. Why wear out the Blu-ray/DVD before it's time? I also don't watch a movie more when I own it at home than I do in the theater (it's about the same). I got my copy on release day, but have only watched it once so far. Even in the theater, I didn't see BoFA as much as the other two, since I only managed to catch it six times (it would have been eight if I wouldn't have skipped those two weeks I could have gone, which would have tied it with the TT). In contrast, I saw DoS eleven times (all in 3D, including once in the new HFR 3D) and AUJ ten times (in all three formats, much like BoFA). It's not that I hate BoFA, I just find it too emotionally draining (and I don't fast forward through scenes either, since it's the whole movie or nothing), which is why I'm not in a rush to see it again (though I may give it a watch tomorrow, we'll see). Since I'm on Tumblr, I don't really have to rewatch it, since there's many posts of scenes that I do like.Smile

"Will you follow me... one last time?"

dormouse
Half-elven

Apr 26 2015, 10:09pm

Post #7 of 10 (1147 views)
Shortcut
Absolutely! [In reply to] Can't Post

The depth of imagination and artwork that went into some of these scenes. I think we take such a lot for granted now - I have to pinch myself sometimes to believe what I'm actually seeing. Almost every frame is like an illustration. And coming back to it now after several months there are so many details I'd forgotten or just didn't notice before.

Bombadil
Half-elven

Apr 27 2015, 1:15am

Post #8 of 10 (1133 views)
Shortcut
bom is SSOooo..Pleased you FINALLY got your Copy!// [In reply to] Can't Post

www.charlie-art.biz
"What Your Mind can conceive... charlie can achieve"

Riven Delve
Tol Eressea

Apr 27 2015, 5:12pm

Post #9 of 10 (1081 views)
Shortcut
Good thing the EE is coming out in November [In reply to] Can't Post

because eight months or so usually gives me just enough time to wear out my TEs...Wink

“Tollers,” Lewis said to Tolkien, “there is too little of what we really like in stories. I am afraid we shall have to try and write some ourselves.”

dormouse
Half-elven

Apr 27 2015, 6:21pm

Post #10 of 10 (1072 views)
Shortcut
And get to know the TE really well... [In reply to] Can't Post

...at least, that's what I aim to do. It makes the EE scenes stand out so much more... Cool

For me that's been one of the defining things about these films. It's like suddenly finding that there are chapters of a favourite book that you've never read - and the EE scenes often become my favourites. Before 'Fellowship' I had only ever seen deleted scenes. That's OK in its way but it's frustrating too, because they can only ever be might-have-beens - you never see them in context.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.