Water
View Results (44 votes)

BlackFox
Half-elven

Apr 23 2015, 7:51pm

Post #1 of 29 (2172 views)
Shortcut
What is your element? Can't Post

Which of the four classical elements do you relate to the most?

Darkstone
Immortal

Apr 23 2015, 8:01pm

Post #2 of 29 (2122 views)
Shortcut
Water [In reply to] Can't Post

Maybe because I'm a pisces. And in water pollution.

Well, I'm not actually IN water pollution, but....

Never mind.

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 23 2015, 9:05pm

Post #3 of 29 (2108 views)
Shortcut
Earth [In reply to] Can't Post

and the things that grow on it.

Brethil
Half-elven

Apr 23 2015, 9:18pm

Post #4 of 29 (2096 views)
Shortcut
Me too. // [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Water. Maybe because I'm a pisces.

Donry
Tol Eressea

Apr 23 2015, 9:18pm

Post #5 of 29 (2096 views)
Shortcut
definitely water... [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm Batman.

BlackFox
Half-elven

Apr 23 2015, 9:46pm

Post #6 of 29 (2088 views)
Shortcut
Same here. // [In reply to] Can't Post

Annael
Immortal

Apr 23 2015, 11:31pm

Post #7 of 29 (2081 views)
Shortcut
me too [In reply to] Can't Post

When I've had a stressful day, nothing calms me down like weeding or gardening. As soon as I put my hands into the dirt I feel better.

Like a hobbit I prefer to sleep on the ground floor.

And yes, I'm an earth sign: Capricorn.

sevilodorf
Tol Eressea

Apr 24 2015, 1:57am

Post #8 of 29 (2066 views)
Shortcut
Fire [In reply to] Can't Post

Aries......
People with a strong emphasis of the fire element are spontaneous and impulsive, they apply their energies wholeheartedly. Their emotional response is quick and they have a lively imagination.
Fire signs: Aries, Leo and Sagittarius

Hmmm... I'll take it all except impulsive.

People with an emphasis on cardinal signs have an urge to take the lead and to shape things. They are initiators and act according to their aims and goals.

They have a fiery, impulsive quality. They tend to be outgoing and sometimes have hot tempers, but they forgive easily as well. They are optimistic and rarely remain sad for long.

Again... I don't accept impulsive and there is really no one who knows me who says I am optimistic.... more a glass half empty type... heavy on the choleric side of the temperament scale.

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 24 2015, 1:59am

Post #9 of 29 (2065 views)
Shortcut
Mine doesn't match. [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm Libra - air sign. However I'm happiest when I'm surrounded by tall trees.

Brethil
Half-elven

Apr 24 2015, 2:01am

Post #10 of 29 (2060 views)
Shortcut
Makes perfect sense. The trees make your oxygen, ie: good air. // [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I'm Libra - air sign. However I'm happiest when I'm surrounded by tall trees.

Bracegirdle
Valinor

Apr 24 2015, 3:57am

Post #11 of 29 (2038 views)
Shortcut
Well, I had to choose air… [In reply to] Can't Post

When I was 6 or 7 I knew there was a vacuum in space and I wondered why the air remained “on” earth. I worried that it may leave and we wouldn’t be able to breathe.

Then why and how did those beautiful clouds stay up there.

Of course air has substance by which planes pull or push along.
I am still in awe whenever an airplane zooms overhead. How can that be!?

I have always been fascinated by air and space and the universe. I have an 8 inch reflector telescope with which I occasionally look many millions of years into the past (as the telescope IS a time machine). The beauty of the planets, star clusters, nebulas, single and double stars, seen with your own eyes, of ALL colors, is breathtaking.

Ah – early with my footer? Naw! I think it’s tomorrow on the east coast? Wink

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 24 2015, 4:11am

Post #12 of 29 (2035 views)
Shortcut
I'll go with that! :) / [In reply to] Can't Post

Starling
Half-elven

Apr 24 2015, 6:09am

Post #13 of 29 (2031 views)
Shortcut

I was very cross with it for a while but I'm getting over it.

zarabia
Tol Eressea

Apr 24 2015, 7:03am

Post #14 of 29 (2023 views)
Shortcut
I'd have to say [In reply to] Can't Post

Earth Wind &Fire, the musical group from the 70's. Laugh I don't mean to be flippant, I just really enjoy singing along to them when I'm alone, driving in my car. They make me...what's that word?...Oh yeah, happy. Smile

But to actually answer your question, maybe air. I love flying.

Fimbulfambi
The Shire

Apr 24 2015, 7:18am

Post #15 of 29 (2015 views)
Shortcut

But then I also happen to love being in water quite a lot! But relating to personality, definetly earth. Whatever that says.

Dame Ioreth
Tol Eressea

Apr 24 2015, 12:11pm

Post #16 of 29 (2014 views)
Shortcut
Mine doesn't match either [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm a Leo, a fire sign, but I'm happiest around water. My favorite places in the world are standing next to Niagara Falls, listening to the roar and being bathed in the mist and Georgian Bay where the water is rarely still. It is one of the few places on Earth whee my tinnitus is not as much of a problem, I think because of the constant sound of the water somehow cancelling out similar frequencies. It is so nice to be able to hear something nice besides the constant high pitched jangle I usually hear All. The. Time.

Annael
Immortal

Apr 24 2015, 4:10pm

Post #17 of 29 (1998 views)
Shortcut
oh gosh [In reply to] Can't Post

I get tinnitus from time to time, and I hate it. Certain medicines can cause it, and sometimes it just seems to happen for no reason.

I went to a Chinese medicine practitioner who said it was related to the liver channel and did acupuncture on me, and it seems to have helped.

I also have a noise machine that has a "waterfall" option.

DanielLB
Immortal

Apr 25 2015, 1:24pm

Post #18 of 29 (1973 views)
Shortcut
I had to vote for air. [In reply to] Can't Post

Since I spend far too much time thinking about it everyday! Laugh

Konrad S
Lorien

Apr 25 2015, 2:22pm

Post #19 of 29 (1963 views)
Shortcut
Air [In reply to] Can't Post

Súleth
The Shire

Apr 25 2015, 9:13pm

Post #20 of 29 (1946 views)
Shortcut
Something in between water and air. // [In reply to] Can't Post

Annael
Immortal

Apr 26 2015, 4:07pm

Post #21 of 29 (1927 views)
Shortcut
fog? [In reply to] Can't Post

Or mist, as in a "fine soft day" as the Scots would say.

Súleth
The Shire

Apr 26 2015, 6:12pm

Post #22 of 29 (1913 views)
Shortcut
Haha! [In reply to] Can't Post

Probable. But does that count as "classical element"? Sly
I like the idea though!

Or maybe ... cloud?

(This post was edited by Súleth on Apr 26 2015, 6:17pm)

swordwhale
Tol Eressea

May 13 2015, 4:34pm

Post #23 of 29 (1749 views)
Shortcut
technically Leo [In reply to] Can't Post

sun, born in August, so should be fire, right?

Probably have some fire element there, in temper and red hair and temper and passion and temper....

But I am drawn to water. To the sea especially, which I did not see until I was twelve. I remember going to the beach (sadly, one of those civilized ones with condos and beach houses a few blocks back, not a wild unspoiled beach like Assateague)... I came up over the sand dunes and stood in awe at the water that breathed.

I learned to scuba dive after being in love with the idea since I watched Sea Hunt with Lloyd Bridges as a kid, and followed the exploits of Jacques Cousteau in grade school. I never got to dive anywhere warm and clear, but did get to jump off perfectly good floatin' boats in the ocean to look at the sunken ones.

Somewhere in there I went to the mountains with a friend. Now, all my relatives and neighbors here in PA go to the mountains. The mountains are fine, so are deserts and the arctic, I would just never choose to go there. I'd go to the sea. We went to this lake in NY called Franklin Falls Pond (hah hah, I tried to swim across it, in a wetsuit and mask and fins...hah hah, I gave up and turned around). The cabin had kayaks. Hah hah, floatin boats are to jump off of to look at the sunken one. I'll be underwater in my snorkelling gear.

The vis was to my elbow.

"sooooooo, what about those floatin boats?"

I got in a kayak and didn't get out for a week.

I got my own the next spring.

The kayak carries you to places you can't access any other way. it shows you things you don't see from land. It's silent and sustainable, takes on big waves and rough water and wind and current and floats in a handsbreadth of water.

Water, and things in it, are not only vastly important for life, but are our early warning system. Coral dying? Why... oh, us. Frogs fading? Why... oh climate change, habitat destruction. Salamanders? Oysters? Blue crabs? Invasive blue catfish? Vanishing sturgeon? It all goes back to how we are doing things on land, and what we need to change.

There's some good news here too: nearly every time I'm on the water I see eagles, we never saw them when I was a kid in the 60s.

There are people working on the issues of the vast inland sea south of me: the Chesapeake Bay. There are people educating kids and adults on our connection to water. There are farmers changing practices to create cleaner water, eliminate runoff, have healthier streams. There are watermen bringing back the oyster.

Well, what else would you expect from one whose screenname is swordwhale?

swordwhale
Tol Eressea

May 13 2015, 4:35pm

Post #24 of 29 (1747 views)
Shortcut
carry on! [In reply to] Can't Post

maybe get a drysuit there....

swordwhale
Tol Eressea

May 13 2015, 4:35pm

Post #25 of 29 (1745 views)
Shortcut
um.......... [In reply to] Can't Post

I thought he was air.........

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.