Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Chronicles: The Art Of War! Cover now on Amazon!!

Arthael
Lorien

Apr 23 2015, 7:57am

Post #1 of 4 (1057 views)
Shortcut
Chronicles: The Art Of War! Cover now on Amazon!! Can't Post

Some deets on the new Chronicles book! Hadn't seen anything posted here about it yet so it thought I'd share. I love the white cover...not so happy about the photo of Azog. But I can deal! I guess it matches up with volumes 2 and 4, which each featured characters on the covers (as opposed to the designs of 1,3 and 5)

http://www.amazon.com/...;keywords=the+hobbit

"There are no safe paths in this part of the world. Remember you are over the Edge of the Wild, and in for all sorts of fun wherever you go."

Kerewyn
Rohan

Apr 23 2015, 8:40pm

Post #2 of 4 (860 views)
Shortcut
Yay! [In reply to] Can't Post

Stunning! I only just saw this last night via Facebook. Love the way Azog has ripped a hole through to us. I hadn't noticed that about the way the covers alternate with designs and characters, so thanks for that note.

(And naturally, I am hanging out for that foreword.)

Smile

"Then the bells shall ring in gladness at the Mountain King's return... but all shall fail in sadness, and the lake will shine and burn."

Defiant
Bree

Apr 23 2015, 10:06pm

Post #3 of 4 (834 views)
Shortcut
page count is 256, not 240. [In reply to] Can't Post

Amazon's info is a bit wrong. As per the author on FB, the book has 256 pages, not 240 as listed on Amazon, and it has a fold out battle map illustrated by one of the concept artists. Also, Amazon.com doesn't give the author a credit - nor has it for any of the past books, I just noticed. Amazon.co.uk does. What's up with that?

Silmaril
Rohan

Apr 24 2015, 6:32am

Post #4 of 4 (776 views)
Shortcut
Last Chronicles 6 Thread was moved to Gaming & Collecting [In reply to] Can't Post

http://newboards.theonering.net/...;;page=unread#unread

(This post was edited by Silmaril on Apr 24 2015, 6:33am)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.