Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
The Hobbit - One Last Time (Original Trailer)

Smaug the iron
Gondor

Apr 22 2015, 6:08pm

Post #1 of 10 (1689 views)
Shortcut
The Hobbit - One Last Time (Original Trailer) Can't Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcIGEXLALa0

Mr. Arkenstone (isaac)
Tol Eressea

Apr 22 2015, 6:52pm

Post #2 of 10 (1573 views)
Shortcut
did you do that? [In reply to] Can't Post

the music is really good!

The flagon with the dragon has the brew that is true

Survivor to the battle for the fifth trailer

Hobbit Cinema Marathon Hero

Smaug the iron
Gondor

Apr 22 2015, 7:16pm

Post #3 of 10 (1557 views)
Shortcut
No. [In reply to] Can't Post

No I did not do that, I just find it on youtube.

mirkwoodwanderer
Lorien

Apr 22 2015, 7:43pm

Post #4 of 10 (1536 views)
Shortcut
This is fantastic [In reply to] Can't Post

Wow... Even though I saw the movie over 200 times
I must say this is the BEST thing I ever saw.. great music.. super clip

(This post was edited by mirkwoodwanderer on Apr 22 2015, 7:55pm)

balbo biggins
Rohan

Apr 22 2015, 10:09pm

Post #5 of 10 (1482 views)
Shortcut
disagree [In reply to] Can't Post

i hate to say it, but this trailer really shows uo the bad visuals, and dull story of the third film. everything just looks phoney, especially the orcs and dwarves at the battles, they seem to stutter, and just leave me cold, the because everything except the main cast seems to be cgi it just looks like a very good cut scene in a video game.....

...im not griping for no reason, i wanted the film to be good, but does anyone else think in a few years this is going to look ridiculous?

Arannir
Valinor

Apr 23 2015, 9:35am

Post #6 of 10 (1351 views)
Shortcut
Look [In reply to] Can't Post

IMHO there is no way this movie's look will age well.

Not saying that there aren't great shots in there and single masterpiece creations, btw.

But the video itself is nicely edited together, Smaug the iron. bravo.

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." J.R.R. Tolkien

We all have our hearts and minds one way or another invested in these books and movies. So we all mind and should show the necessary respect.

(This post was edited by Arannir on Apr 23 2015, 9:37am)

dormouse
Half-elven

Apr 23 2015, 6:25pm

Post #7 of 10 (1239 views)
Shortcut
No, not at all... [In reply to] Can't Post

For the most part I think the visuals are extraordinary and the effects beyond anything I've seen before. Where you say phoney, I say make-believe. How much more real could they have made Smaug, for example?

Far from ridiculous, my guess is that in a few years people will be embracing these films with the same kind of affection they have now for their predecessors.

I think the film is good - better than good. And as for a dull story, well essentially it's Tolkien's story.

mirkwoodwanderer
Lorien

Apr 24 2015, 3:40am

Post #8 of 10 (1166 views)
Shortcut
It is clearly [In reply to] Can't Post

the best movie ever made.
al;though the EE will put it in the shadows.. I am sure

Starling
Half-elven

Apr 24 2015, 6:37am

Post #9 of 10 (1148 views)
Shortcut
I like it [In reply to] Can't Post

Quote:
...the best movie ever made.

But I think this is possibly stretching it a bit...

adt100
Rohan

May 19 2015, 4:22pm

Post #10 of 10 (867 views)
Shortcut
Agreed [In reply to] Can't Post

This argument is never going to change, people have their own opinions on the merits or otherwise of CGI technology. Personally I think it looks fantastic and as good as any epic, CGI packed film. When you compare to the CGI battles on ROTK for example (ie BOTPF and Black Gates) there really is no comparison.

I certainly would've preferred more live action in the battle scenes and I agree it lacks a little grit because of this. Whilst creating such epic scenes and battles NECESSITATES heavy use of CGI, perhaps in an ideal world slightly less would have been used. That said, aside these scenes I think the CGI is spectacular! Pretty much everything surrounding Smaug and Laketown for example cannot be faulted IMO.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.