"Not my church!"
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Avandel
Half-elven

Apr 20 2015, 7:11pm

Post #26 of 40 (1296 views)
Shortcut
The famous... [In reply to] Can't Post

IMRID AMRAD URSUL which means ‘die a death of flames’ or burn in h&ll'. But I never catch the khuzdul Thorin uses at the end of DOS, tho I had read it's just something about releasing the chains.

Roheryn
Tol Eressea

Apr 20 2015, 7:12pm

Post #27 of 40 (1293 views)
Shortcut
Or, better: [In reply to] Can't Post

"They want to marry him!" Which would also explain her considerable distress at that point.

Brethil
Half-elven

Apr 20 2015, 8:38pm

Post #28 of 40 (1273 views)
Shortcut
You're right. Its gotta be the map to Thorin's Hot Tub. Genius. // [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
That must have been one heckuva map, right, if so many died trying for a glimpse of it rather than escaping Erebor? Erego, it must be a map to Something Very Interesting. Erego again, I surmise it's a map to the Hidden Treasure of Erebor. And not treasure in the gold-and-mithril sense (since that's not exactly hidden), but in the Erebor-Has-Hot-Springs sense. Clearly, those bodies were all of fangirls, desperate for a peek.

Giggly friends and glasses of wine is the best way to view these, methinks! Smile

CathrineB
Rohan

Apr 20 2015, 8:58pm

Post #29 of 40 (1276 views)
Shortcut
NOW I remember one! [In reply to] Can't Post

In Botfa when Bilbo asks "Where is the north?!" I once thought Gandalf answered "Rivendell" instead of "Ravenhill" and I wondered why the heck he was bringing Rivendell into this Laugh

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 20 2015, 10:00pm

Post #30 of 40 (1263 views)
Shortcut
Thank you! [In reply to] Can't Post

It's a relief to finally know what they're actually saying - maybe I'll be able to hear it correctly from now on. Smile

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Apr 20 2015, 11:19pm

Post #31 of 40 (1256 views)
Shortcut
Thank you! [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
In Botfa when Bilbo asks "Where is the north?!" I once thought Gandalf answered "Rivendell" instead of "Ravenhill" and I wondered why the heck he was bringing Rivendell into this Laugh

I will take this as confirmation of Peter Jackson altering the location of Ravenhill for the film trilogy to north of Dale from the location shown on Thorin's map in AUJ (and described by Tolkien).

"At the end of the journey, all men think that their youth was Arcadia..." - Phantom F. Harlock

(This post was edited by Otaku-sempai on Apr 20 2015, 11:22pm)

Kim
Valinor

Apr 21 2015, 3:42am

Post #32 of 40 (1247 views)
Shortcut
*casually saunters in* [In reply to] Can't Post

so if one were looking for said map, where might one find it?

"The earth laughs in flowers." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Starling
Half-elven

Apr 21 2015, 5:08am

Post #33 of 40 (1231 views)
Shortcut
I think I prefer your version [In reply to] Can't Post

It's so creative.

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 21 2015, 6:04am

Post #34 of 40 (1221 views)
Shortcut
In other words, the Bath Map. // [In reply to] Can't Post

Evil

Silverlode

Roads go ever ever on
Under cloud and under star
Yet feet that wandering have gone
Turn at last to home afar.
Eyes that fire and sword have seen
And horror in the halls of stone
Look at last on meadows green
And trees and hills they long have known.

Brethil
Half-elven

Apr 21 2015, 12:35pm

Post #35 of 40 (1199 views)
Shortcut
*double snort* // [In reply to] Can't Post

Brethil
Half-elven

Apr 21 2015, 12:36pm

Post #36 of 40 (1211 views)
Shortcut
I'm good at sharing. Sure I am. Here's the Chef with directions... [In reply to] Can't Post

Evil *runs away laughing maniacally, waving map*

(This post was edited by Brethil on Apr 21 2015, 12:42pm)

MEM
The Shire

Apr 22 2015, 1:12am

Post #37 of 40 (1159 views)
Shortcut
I watched it with captions finally ... [In reply to] Can't Post

And one thing I thought would become clearer is the scene where it's the morning after Smaug's attack, and all the survivors are gathering on the shore. Bard asks where the master is, and a woman (Hilda?) answers, "Probably halfway down the Anduin, along with all our coin."

I thought I'd been mis-hearing Anduin in the theater, but the captions say it. But she can't mean the Anduin River? That's not even connected to the lake, right? Unless "halfway down the Anduin" is a cool Middle-earth saying, like "wrong turn at Albuquerque."

At Bilbo's unexpected party:
Bofur: Where's Thorin? He's late. Wonder if he got lost again.
Kili: He's probably halfway down the Anduin.

At Parth Galen:
Aragorn: Let us hunt some orc!
Gimli: They're probably halfway down the Anduin by now.

In Thranduil's tent:
Thrandul: These orc armies you speak of - where are they?
Gandalf: Halfway down the Anduin and coming closer.

Tongue

I'm a Middle-Earth Munchkin.

Kim
Valinor

Apr 22 2015, 1:28am

Post #38 of 40 (1157 views)
Shortcut
You know [In reply to] Can't Post

when we learned about sharing in kindergarten, I don't remember it being quite like this. Although, I'm pretty sure Muppets were involved.

Brethil
Half-elven

Apr 22 2015, 2:13am

Post #39 of 40 (1147 views)
Shortcut
*hangs head in shame* [In reply to] Can't Post

I should learn to share better. Just give me twenty or thirty years to make sure its the RIGHT map and the RIGHT hot tub, and I'll hand it right over. Due diligence and all.

Kim
Valinor

Apr 23 2015, 4:09am

Post #40 of 40 (1059 views)
Shortcut
Hmmmm [In reply to] Can't Post

While I appreciate the due diligence, I'm pretty sure Kermit & Co. were thinking more in terms of hours, possibly days, as opposed to years. I know Erebor is a big place, so I'm sure we can come to some sort of friendly compromise. Angelic

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.