First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Apr 17 2015, 4:06pm

Post #1 of 32 (412 views)
Shortcut
*gets keys, unlocks doors* Welcome to Friday Fiesta! :D Can't Post

Hey, everyone! I'm subbing today. :)

As always, please feel free to choose your food/drink/music/etc., and tell us about your past week and/or upcoming weekend! :)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Eventides' Website: ListenUpReviews.com - Rockin' Choices In Entertainment!
"I stepped out of my body to let God slide in; although I'm still dressed in flesh that I spiritually died in. Alive in Christ a new creation started breathin', Life exists and through this came completion. ... I'm not that person anymore (more!)! That's what blood was shed for! No longer a failure, livin' life more abundantly, therefore you'll never see me livin' less than victory."
John Reuben.

"Desperation, needing You; every last breath I scream for You. Shatter me into a million pieces, make me new. ... Break me, mold me, make me what You want me to be; I am Yours, for You to use, so take and replace me with You."
Family Force 5.

"Under a light in Bethlehem, I was sifting through the sand; the saline burned my eyes, I was looking for Your hand. I gave up on myself, and left my pride disarmed; I cried out 'I'm alone!' and found myself in Your arms. 'Rest in Me, oh, My love; I have loved you before the world began. Rest in Me, oh, My love; you'll never wander too far to reach My hand.'"
Showbread.

cats16
Half-elven

Apr 17 2015, 5:57pm

Post #2 of 32 (363 views)
Shortcut
Looks like a quiet day 'round these parts! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey there! Glad to see you around. Smile

I'm just stopping by quickly, as I've got a couple of events to attend this afternoon. I'm seeing an animator from Pixar talk about Inside Out, so I'll be sure to share any news. (Also seeing another really cool guy speak tonight, but I'll tease you all for now and share that later. Here's a hint: he wears bowties. A lot. Cool)

Otherwise, I've been working nonstop pretty much this entire week. I did get a chance to escape and see Mahler's 7th Symphony the other night, which was wonderful. Hoping to see a movie this weekend, or, at the least, enjoy the nice weather with a good walk.

Have a good weekend, everyone!

Join us every weekend in the Hobbit movie forum for this week's CHOW (Chapter of the Week) discussion!

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Apr 17 2015, 6:13pm

Post #3 of 32 (356 views)
Shortcut
Right? I was wondering where everyone was, LOL! :D [In reply to] Can't Post

*gets drink-of-choice*

Sounds like you have a great day planned! Hope you enjoy, and hope you have a great weekend too, cats! :)

"I stepped out of my body to let God slide in; although I'm still dressed in flesh that I spiritually died in. Alive in Christ a new creation started breathin', Life exists and through this came completion. ... I'm not that person anymore (more!)! That's what blood was shed for! No longer a failure, livin' life more abundantly, therefore you'll never see me livin' less than victory."
John Reuben.

"Desperation, needing You; every last breath I scream for You. Shatter me into a million pieces, make me new. ... Break me, mold me, make me what You want me to be; I am Yours, for You to use, so take and replace me with You."
Family Force 5.

"Under a light in Bethlehem, I was sifting through the sand; the saline burned my eyes, I was looking for Your hand. I gave up on myself, and left my pride disarmed; I cried out 'I'm alone!' and found myself in Your arms. 'Rest in Me, oh, My love; I have loved you before the world began. Rest in Me, oh, My love; you'll never wander too far to reach My hand.'"
Showbread.

Riven Delve
Tol Eressea

Apr 17 2015, 6:36pm

Post #4 of 32 (354 views)
Shortcut
Nobody's fiesta-ing? [In reply to] Can't Post

I'll fiesta, Eventides! Wink An iced coffee would be nice right about now! Tomorrow some folks from our church are helping out a neighbor going through chemo to fix up her yard house. And I'm in charge of organizing the 17 people (plus myself) in the various jobs we have to do there. I'm not the biggest on organization so this is a bit stressful for me, but hey, we'll get it all figured out. Then my son has a baseball game (which I hope I won't miss) in the evening. Hopefully I will still be sane enough to enjoy it. Cool

“Tollers,” Lewis said to Tolkien, “there is too little of what we really like in stories. I am afraid we shall have to try and write some ourselves.”

Riven Delve
Tol Eressea

Apr 17 2015, 6:40pm

Post #5 of 32 (359 views)
Shortcut
I don't know, cats... [In reply to] Can't Post

you keep teasing us...when are you going to share!?!? You gotta keep us all posted! Wink

In Reply To
I'm just stopping by quickly, as I've got a couple of events to attend this afternoon. I'm seeing an animator from Pixar talk about Inside Out, so I'll be sure to share any news. (Also seeing another really cool guy speak tonight, but I'll tease you all for now and share that later. Here's a hint: he wears bowties. A lot. Cool)

Have a great weekend--hope you get to relax! Smile

“Tollers,” Lewis said to Tolkien, “there is too little of what we really like in stories. I am afraid we shall have to try and write some ourselves.”

(This post was edited by Riven Delve on Apr 17 2015, 6:43pm)

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Apr 17 2015, 6:52pm

Post #6 of 32 (347 views)
Shortcut
Nice to see you, Riven Delve! :) [In reply to] Can't Post

*gets iced coffee*

Wow, what a great project! Hope everything with that goes well, and hope you have a great weekend overall! :)

John Reuben.

Family Force 5.

Showbread.

Brethil
Half-elven

Apr 17 2015, 7:22pm

Post #7 of 32 (349 views)
Shortcut
Hi Evie! Thanks for hosting! Iced coffee for me. As usual. [In reply to] Can't Post

Been digging all morning. Redoing some small beds and reorganizing things (in the rain, light rain all morning but its good for everything).

Off to do more errands! Have a great weekend all! Cool

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Apr 17 2015, 7:28pm

Post #8 of 32 (344 views)
Shortcut
Hi Brethil! :) [In reply to] Can't Post

*gets iced coffee*

Hope you have fun with your gardening, and hope you have a great weekend, too! :)

John Reuben.

Family Force 5.

Showbread.

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Apr 17 2015, 7:30pm

Post #9 of 32 (341 views)
Shortcut
*Sets out Self-Serve sign* I hope you all have great weekends! :) // [In reply to] Can't Post

John Reuben.

Family Force 5.

Showbread.

Bombadil
Half-elven

Apr 17 2015, 7:35pm

Post #10 of 32 (348 views)
Shortcut
Bomby..The World's Worst Procrastinator? [In reply to] Can't Post

Finally submitted my amazing idea to
"Quirky"...A Website for inventors out of NYC.

Bom has had this $$$$ making idea for Ages..

What they do is Look over the marketability, manufacturing,
AND then Vote once a WEEK in a community meeting in
Manhattan as to if they will take a New Product to Stores,
worldwide.

In "Bed, Bath & Beyond" & "Home Depot"
there are products from
this Group on display....
You may want to look @ their site.

For Bomby, this is the First STEP to "Going Global"!

Bomy viewes my condo is a
Business incubator..

{ 6 concepts that could only happen
NOW with the Internet}

SSOoo..wish me luck, since I'll
hear back from them in about 2 weeks...

Crazy

www.charlie-art.biz
"What Your Mind can conceive... charlie can achieve"

Greenwood Hobbit
Valinor

Apr 17 2015, 8:05pm

Post #11 of 32 (334 views)
Shortcut
Greetings, one and all! [In reply to] Can't Post

I've just discovered reversible quilt-as-you-go patchwork and have begun a new project. There are still two unfinished, hanging over chairs waiting patiently, but hey - that's the way it goes! Tonight the pinot grigio is claiming my attention, though. Hope you all have something of interest to engage you this weekend. As for music, I've been listening to 'Cinema do Mar' by Carlos Nunez (squiggle over the middle n). Some tracks I like more than others, but that's what the 'skip' button is for! I have a particular soft spot for tracks 4 and 11, from the soundtrack of 'The Shipping News'.
Cheers - have a good weekend!

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 17 2015, 8:09pm

Post #12 of 32 (336 views)
Shortcut
*brews up hot chocolate for the bar* [In reply to] Can't Post

It's a dull and rainy morning here - although the rain didn't properly set in until I got out of bed. Unimpressed (I love listening to rain on the roof while half asleep.)

I'm still smiling after yesterday's release of the second Star Wars trailer. It feels like part of my childhood has been turned the right way up again, you know?

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Dame Ioreth
Tol Eressea

Apr 17 2015, 9:35pm

Post #13 of 32 (327 views)
Shortcut
I just sent the boys out the door with their dad on a scout trip [In reply to] Can't Post

Biking and hiking near the Potomac River. It should be great weather for everything. I'm so glad - there has been in the past a tradition of biking in the rain the second day. It looks like this time they will have better luck.

My daughter and I will be going to Sugarloaf Craft Fair. It's a great show, with loads of artists covering anything from yarn to wood to art and food too! We've been going off-and-on for almost 30 years. One of my favorite purchases is a purse I still use and it's over 20 years old.

Last year I picked up some really nice silver wire art earrings and an herb and spice mix you could use with sour cream for a dip or on chicken or pork. I'm hoping that vendor is back. Next to him was a place that made the most amazing jellies - Cherry Jalapeno was my favorite!

Heed WBA when building blanket forts.
ITLs don't get enough FAS. :)

Where there's life there's hope, and need of vittles.
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Brethil
Half-elven

Apr 17 2015, 9:48pm

Post #14 of 32 (322 views)
Shortcut
Best of luck Bom! [In reply to] Can't Post

A trip to NZ with the proceeds maybe? Wink

Bombadil
Half-elven

Apr 18 2015, 12:59am

Post #15 of 32 (318 views)
Shortcut
Thag you Berry Buch, Brethil! [In reply to] Can't Post

It's VERY possible with my Postcards {Another Story}
This product & other T-Shirts, Banadanas, Tattoo artwork..
etc.. ol'Bom could live in a TreeHouse near Matamata..
jus' taking in orders,& shipping out
VIA the Internet...

Been a Total Recluse,...for a few years
doing a LOT of Studying about
WHO, Where & How
to License my
life's Artwork..

Would love to jus' go tramping tough
the Little Rivers, & Mountains
of NZ, to the end of my Days...

Now, at 65 years old,
many thingies are Finally
coming together.

Time never stands still..

Namarie, Brethil

Heart

www.charlie-art.biz
"What Your Mind can conceive... charlie can achieve"

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 18 2015, 3:09am

Post #16 of 32 (304 views)
Shortcut
*puts on kettle for tea-water* [In reply to] Can't Post

Been at my Dad's for the past two days, and his dial-up internet is not really usable. Unsure

But sis-in-law and I have been "de-cluttering" his house, she's fantastic when it comes to "Out that goes!". I've brought home a car-ful of recyclables (we have single-stream recycling here), and items for the used clothing boxes, and oddities for the church fair, and some "keepers" (mostly having to do with family history).

Enjoy the weekend, everyone, and for those in midwest U.S., watch out for storms!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

cats16
Half-elven

Apr 18 2015, 7:28am

Post #17 of 32 (298 views)
Shortcut
Hehe...well [In reply to] Can't Post

The bad news is that I ended up missing the Pixar talk, so nothing to report there. The good news is that the other event involved...a Science Guy. Yep, got to see Bill Nye! Really fun and neat to see him in person.

Thanks! Hope you have a great weekend, too. Smile

Join us every weekend in the Hobbit movie forum for this week's CHOW (Chapter of the Week) discussion!

cats16
Half-elven

Apr 18 2015, 7:29am

Post #18 of 32 (296 views)
Shortcut
*gulps hot chocolate* [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you! It was quite fun in the end.

Smile

Kim
Valinor

Apr 18 2015, 5:14pm

Post #19 of 32 (286 views)
Shortcut
Looks like I missed Fiesta Friday, so I'll just celebrate Siesta Saturday! [In reply to] Can't Post

Had a long busy week at my new job (and good news - we have wifi, so I won't have to quit due to lack of cell phone coverage Tongue) Lots of fun projects to get started on, but am a bit on information overload and rather wiped out, so looking forward to a nice low key weekend. Just a few get togethers with friends for dinner and walks, otherwise, I plan to dive into the pile of (virtual) books waiting for me on my Kindle. It's also supposed to be sunny and 70F for the next several days, so I plan to spend as much of that outside as possible! Cool Perhaps I'll plant some flowers too (but just to be clear Brethil, no trees!)

Happy weekend all!

"The earth laughs in flowers." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Kim
Valinor

Apr 18 2015, 5:17pm

Post #20 of 32 (280 views)
Shortcut
That's great Bomby, good luck! // [In reply to] Can't Post

"The earth laughs in flowers." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Apr 19 2015, 11:41am

Post #21 of 32 (277 views)
Shortcut
Greetings Sibbies! [In reply to] Can't Post

Just a RUN through the room as I blast through another working weekend. April seems to be a massive challenge with job #1, job #2, family, yard work and fun TORn events... so I'm gone more than here... but that will hopefully change soon :)

HUGS to one and all! Have a GREAT weekend, and thanks for Super-Subbing Evey!

Hobbit: BotFA Geeky Observation List draft #5 1/30/15

6th draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observations List - November 28, 2013
4th draft of TH:DOS Geeky Observations List - May 15, 2014

sample

"There is more in you of good than you know, child of the kindly West."

I'm SO HAPPY these new films take me back to that magical world!!

TIME Google Calendar
TORn's Geeky Observations Lists for LotR and The Hobbit

(This post was edited by grammaboodawg on Apr 19 2015, 11:41am)

Annael
Immortal

Apr 19 2015, 2:37pm

Post #22 of 32 (274 views)
Shortcut
Concert weekend [In reply to] Can't Post

the community choir is doing a tribute to WWI and WWII with songs of both eras plus more recent songs, like the themes to "Band of Brothers" and "We Were Soldiers."

At each concert we invite any WWII vets in the audience to get up and be acknowledged. The first night five people stood up, including two women who were in the Women's Army Corps - one of whom got up and danced when we sang "Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy." Last night we had four, including a third-generation Japanese-American who was interned for two years before enlisting.

Then we ask everyone who's ever served to stand up when we sing their particular branch's song. We get a bunch of airmen and sailors each time; one Coast Guard vet so far, one Marine, and a handful of Army vets. The first night, an older man stood for the Army song and noticed a young man standing in the row ahead of him; the two shook hands as we sang.

It's all quite moving.

I'm the alto soloist and sing a verse of "The Naval Hymn" ("Eternal Father Strong to Save" - the hymn they sing in "Titanic"). At today's concert my father, a WWII Navy veteran, and my older brother who was in the Naval Air Corps, will attend. I'm singing the verse about protecting those that fly, so . . . here's hoping I can get through it without tearing up. I may not be able to look at their faces while I'm singing.

People with soul can identify with another person's basic human struggle without either judgment or indifference.

-- Thomas Moore

NARF and member of Deplorable Cultus since 1967

(This post was edited by Annael on Apr 19 2015, 2:38pm)

Brethil
Half-elven

Apr 20 2015, 10:23pm

Post #23 of 32 (220 views)
Shortcut
Wow. That sounds moving, amazing, and so well deserved. Great work. // [In reply to] Can't Post

Aunt Dora Baggins
Immortal

Apr 20 2015, 10:58pm

Post #24 of 32 (223 views)
Shortcut
Belated post: I went to a fun math conference this weekend. [In reply to] Can't Post

The talks were great, and the old buildings on the campus of Colorado College (in Colorado Springs) made me feel like I was at Hogwarts. The chandeliers reminded me of the One Ring, too. photos

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
GNU Terry Pratchett
"For DORA BAGGINS in memory of a LONG correspondence, with love from Bilbo; on a large wastebasket. Dora was Drogo's sister, and the eldest surviving female relative of Bilbo and Frodo; she was ninety-nine, and had written reams of good advice for more than half a century."
"A Chance Meeting at Rivendell" and other stories

leleni at hotmail dot com

Brethil
Half-elven

Apr 20 2015, 11:38pm

Post #25 of 32 (213 views)
Shortcut
Words I would NEVER use in the same sentence, Aunt D. Bless your brain. // [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
'fun math conference'

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.