The One Ring Forums: TheOneRing.net: Feedback:
What will be torn's directon?

Israfellius
The Shire

Apr 12 2015, 11:29pm

Post #1 of 5 (945 views)
Shortcut
What will be torn's directon? Can't Post

The April fools prank about TORN shutting down brings up a legitimate question: what's the future direction of TORN? Now that the movies have played out and the videos released, it seems that convention news, today-in-middle earth, and collecting the precious along with occasional asides about the actors' careers will be the bread and butter of TORN content. How can TORN remain viable and grow without the boost of need for relevant movie news and gossip? Will it diminish and go into the West? or will it become like the Shire: a small haven forgotten by the outside world, for locals and Tolkien natives.

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 12 2015, 11:48pm

Post #2 of 5 (936 views)
Shortcut
It depends on the folks here [In reply to] Can't Post

We posted a message on the Home Page about the future of TORn here:
http://newboards.theonering.net/forum/gforum/perl/gforum.cgi?post=839945;sb=post_time;so=DESC;forum_view=forum_view_expanded;

The future looks good as long as people are interested.Smile

Meneldor
Valinor

Apr 13 2015, 12:06am

Post #3 of 5 (910 views)
Shortcut
Onward! // [In reply to] Can't Post

They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters, these see the works of the Lord, and His wonders in the deep. -Psalm 107

NottaSackville
Valinor

Apr 13 2015, 12:39am

Post #4 of 5 (922 views)
Shortcut
A diminished TORN need not sail west [In reply to] Can't Post

TORN existed just fine after the LOTR movies and well before we thought there might be Hobbit movies. It was quieter, but no less thoughtful or delightful.

It turns out there's these books, and an author, and they bring people together just fine without the movies :)

Some of us older, crankier folk may just look forward to a reduced pace, or a least less Pace. Wink

Notta

Happiness: money matters, but less than we think and not in the way that we think. Family is important and so are friends, while envy is toxic -- and so is excessive thinking. Beaches are optional. Trust is not. Neither is gratitude. - The Geography of Bliss by Eric Weiner as summarized by Lily Fairbairn. And a bit of the Hobbit reading thrown in never hurts. - NottaSackville

Arandiel
Grey Havens

Apr 14 2015, 5:23pm

Post #5 of 5 (828 views)
Shortcut
Yup [In reply to] Can't Post

I was a lurker during the LOTR years - things moved too fast on the boards for me to feel like I could participate. I joined after that furor had died down, and found a vibrant, welcoming community of folks I could connect with and be inspired by - as we are all inspired by Tolkien's writing and the movies Jackson made about them. I don't think we've exhausted the possibilities here, in part because we still act on that inspiration and seek community that does the same.

Walk to Rivendell: Walk with the Fellowship Challenge - grab a buddy and let the magic live on, one step at a time.

Join us, Thursdays on Main!

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.