Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
BotFA DVD/Blu-ray sales week 1

Tirithon

Apr 12 2015, 5:14pm

Post #1 of 6 (1294 views)
Shortcut
BotFA DVD/Blu-ray sales week 1 Can't Post

Website The Numbers has posted the first week of DVD and Blu-ray sales for The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies:

DVD: 682,172 units / $10,205,293
Blu-ray: 831,854 units / $23,282,593

The DVD sales are up 4% from the first week sales of DoS
The Blu-ray sales are down 24% from the first week sales of DoS

There’s always a drop in sequel sales, so I'm surprised the DVD sales went up. Not so surprising Blu-ray went down. At a time when physical media isn’t selling as well as it used to, I think this is a pretty good hold for the third movie.

Avandel
Half-elven

Apr 12 2015, 5:46pm

Post #2 of 6 (1262 views)
Shortcut
Thank you and misc... [In reply to] Can't Post

I still want the DOS EE on DVD tho I hate the idea of having to go online for it re registering again with a store I will only buy from online once.Unimpressed But evidently Walmart is the only one who carried the DOS EE on DVD in the U.S.Frown

Wonder if there will be an amazing ad campaign for the BOFA EE - I am convinced there will a a surge of Star Wars hype, so WB in theory would have to IMO do something to get folks to pay attention to the BOFA EE.

Especially if folks bought the TE already, which seems to be doing well.

dormouse
Half-elven

Apr 12 2015, 6:34pm

Post #3 of 6 (1240 views)
Shortcut
Take it that's just in the US? [In reply to] Can't Post

It isn't available here (UK) yet

Ilmatar
Rohan

Apr 12 2015, 6:42pm

Post #4 of 6 (1236 views)
Shortcut
Make that the rest of Europe as well [In reply to] Can't Post

I found a timetable for the worldwide release - it seems that all of Europe will have BO5A in April with varying dates, and India must wait until May.

(This post was edited by Ilmatar on Apr 12 2015, 6:43pm)

BlackFox
Half-elven

Apr 12 2015, 8:31pm

Post #5 of 6 (1180 views)
Shortcut
Interesting... [In reply to] Can't Post

It came out on April 1 here in Estonia. I even received my pre-ordered copy a day earlier. Lucky us, I guess. To those still waiting -- hang in there!

dormouse
Half-elven

Apr 12 2015, 10:07pm

Post #6 of 6 (1139 views)
Shortcut
One more week.... one more week.... // [In reply to] Can't Post

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.