The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Could we still get a Dis cameo?

boldog
Rohan

Apr 12 2015, 8:21am

Post #1 of 12 (1363 views)
Shortcut
Could we still get a Dis cameo? Can't Post

Im really hoping for this in the EE. Tauriel returning the stone to her would be the perfect end for her arc.

Azog and Bolg. That is all I can say.............

marary
Lorien

Apr 12 2015, 8:43am

Post #2 of 12 (1315 views)
Shortcut
some of us were discussing something like this the other day [In reply to] Can't Post

And things got a little out of hand: http://newboards.theonering.net/...;;page=unread#unread

As there's no way Dis would be able to make it to Erebor in time for the funeral, I can't think of a reasonable way to fit her into the story, much as I'd love to see her! A moment's more resolution on Tauriel would be great. (Was it too much to have Thranduil say "yeah, I forgive you, you can come home"?? Or have her decide to ride off into ME as a badass elven vigilante intent on taking out a few spiders?)

I'm not sure how this would happen. I think it would be a bit much to give Tauriel an entire journey all the way to the Blue Mountains to see Dis. But I think it's a sweet idea for a fanfic!

(This post was edited by marary on Apr 12 2015, 8:44am)

Noria
Gondor

Apr 12 2015, 1:21pm

Post #3 of 12 (1227 views)
Shortcut
It seems entirely unlikely to me. [In reply to] Can't Post

Besides, IIRC, the last time we saw the stone Tauriel was placing it in dead Kili's hand. I don't think she has it to return to Dis.

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Apr 12 2015, 2:02pm

Post #4 of 12 (1211 views)
Shortcut
Huh? [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
And things got a little out of hand: http://newboards.theonering.net/...;;page=unread#unread

I'm not sure in what way anything got out of hand. It was just a fun, little discussion and a brief debate. But, no, I don't see much of a chance to see Dis in the TH:BotFA-EE.

"At the end of the journey, all men think that their youth was Arcadia..." - Phantom F. Harlock

DisDwarfWoman
Rivendell

Apr 12 2015, 3:05pm

Post #5 of 12 (1187 views)
Shortcut
I was thinking... [In reply to] Can't Post

The only way we would get to see her would be in a flash-back. Maybe to Fili/Kili as kids, when Thorin thinks they've died in laketown?

I saw it again in a theater yesterday (last time Frown) and I still feel like there's a scene missing before Thorin's first line when the Laketown four arrive.

Would be so cool though!

marary
Lorien

Apr 12 2015, 3:36pm

Post #6 of 12 (1173 views)
Shortcut
I agree [In reply to] Can't Post

They MUST have filmed a scene involving a bit more of a reaction of the Erebor party thinking the Lake-town party dead. I mean, you have a bunch of dwarves almost all of whom have relatives likely being burned to death. It was weird there wasn't more of this in the theatrical cut!

ALSO, for the "Everything I did, I did for them" line from the trailer, Thorin is wearing the same clothes as when he runs into the mountain after Smaug's death. I think it's very likely this line has to do with Fili and Kili's supposed demise.

It's also quite possible there was at least some footage shot of this sort of thing for the Lake-town party, given how eager they were to get away from the Lake-men and how anxious they seemed to reach the mountain.

DisDwarfWoman
Rivendell

Apr 12 2015, 3:56pm

Post #7 of 12 (1163 views)
Shortcut
good catch [In reply to] Can't Post

for the "Everything I did, I did for them" line from the trailer, Thorin is wearing the same clothes as when he runs into the mountain after Smaug's death.

I didn't notice that! It definitely supports your idea though, and I really liked that line, so it would be great if it gets included. And more from the other dwarves too, as you said, their relatives are in Laketown too.

some footage shot of this sort of thing for the Lake-town party

Yeah, I hope so, they had no way of knowing if anyone in Erebor was still alive. And Bard even says in the book "Doubtless they perished first in fire." (or similar) so it would be nice to have something with them discussing it before they leave or while they're traveling.

marary
Lorien

Apr 12 2015, 4:57pm

Post #8 of 12 (1133 views)
Shortcut
In the best of ways :) [In reply to] Can't Post

We started with Dis and ended up with an epic Tauriel constellation. I love this fandom so much sometimes for all of its silliness. Wink

I think you're right. Many of us would like to meet onscreen the only dwarf-woman Tolkien ever named, but I don't see it happening either.

VeArkenstone
Lorien

Apr 17 2015, 6:09pm

Post #9 of 12 (770 views)
Shortcut
I think she appears in AUJ [In reply to] Can't Post

After Smaug takes Erebor, there is a scene of Thorin standing on a hill pointing out to the (Blue ??) mountains. Climbing up behind him is, I am pretty sure, a woman in a cloak. In my mind, I am sure this is Dis, although you cannot see her face and she does not speak.

I still have hope that she will appear for a moment or two in Bo5A EE, and maybe even speak a line or two.

Please, call me Ve.

marary
Lorien

Apr 17 2015, 6:14pm

Post #10 of 12 (766 views)
Shortcut
Headcanon accepted [In reply to] Can't Post

Can someone can a decent zoomed screencap on that? :D

BlackFox
Half-elven

Apr 17 2015, 6:35pm

Post #11 of 12 (763 views)
Shortcut
Here you go [In reply to] Can't Post

http://screencapped.net/...thehobbit-000811.jpg

DisDwarfWoman
Rivendell

Apr 17 2015, 6:56pm

Post #12 of 12 (751 views)
Shortcut
Nice! [In reply to] Can't Post

Never noticed that before, thanks! Smile

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.