The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
What's the 3D Blu-ray box-set like?

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Apr 11 2015, 10:45pm

Post #1 of 2 (1230 views)
Shortcut
What's the 3D Blu-ray box-set like? Can't Post

I watched an unboxing video of The Hobbit trilogy DVD box set and I don't like it...

I think there are six discs (Movie disc and Special Features for each film)?. These are all kept in a SINGLE case with flaps and all the discs are black with white text.

This makes it difficult for someone to know which disc to put in, because there's no visual information on which is which. - That's fine for me, but for my elderly friend (who struggles with 3D disc 1, 3D disc 2) it would be too confusing. I'd prefer if the films were each in their own cases with illustrated covers and labels so it's easier to immediately tell them apart.

The problem is we want to get the 3D box set, and if it's laid out like the DVD there will be way too many discs to tell apart!

I can't find an unboxing of the 3D box set, does anyone know what it includes? Have they saved space by not including Special Features or are they all in separate cases?

Thanks for any help!

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Apr 17 2015, 5:46pm

Post #2 of 2 (919 views)
Shortcut
Does anyone know how accurate this picture is?? [In reply to] Can't Post

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/...ces/Image/133520.jpg

If it's boxed like that, in three separate cases, then I want it.

If it's boxed like the 2D version, then I don't: https://youtu.be/lvFdbvNBpls

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.