A Shot/Sequence? you'd love to SEE in the EE

Bombadil
Half-elven

Apr 10 2015, 10:05am

Post #1 of 22 (1712 views)
Shortcut
A Shot/Sequence? you'd love to SEE in the EE Can't Post

To start..1. Wouldn't it be Wonderful
when they are ARMOUR-ing up in Erebor...

Gloin finds the Helmet
that Gimli inherits from his Father?

Doesn't have to be a long sequence...But
Bom may Burst into TEARS
...knowing Gimli wears THAT all the way though
"The Lord of the Rings"

2. Ori,... giving Bilbo the Portrait
he has been sketching
throughout these Films...

...emphasizing his un-dying respect for
our little Hero..

You must have some Ideas?.

www.charlie-art.biz
"What Your Mind can conceive... charlie can achieve"

marary
Lorien

Apr 10 2015, 10:48am

Post #2 of 22 (1610 views)
Shortcut
Both of these would be lovely! [In reply to] Can't Post

Especially the origin story of Bilbo's portrait. It might make me weep.

1) More of Fili during Thorin's madness. I know this one keeps coming up on these boards, but I'll say it again. There was so much setup for Fili as Thorin's first heir, and his responsibilities and heritage, and I really wanted to see him grappling a bit more with his uncle's madness. There was even setup for this IN the third film, and absolutely no follow-up or payoff.

2) Gandalf bringing Thorin news of Thrain's demise. I'm a bit in love with the tragedy of Durin spanning four generations (Thror, Thrain, Thorin, and Fili/Kili), and this seemed like a key moment for the family saga that went missing.

3) Bard being made king of Dale, and Bard and Dain restoring their respective kingdoms in friendship and alliance. Because that will come in handy later during the War of the Ring when they, like, totally hold the northern lands against Sauron's forces and stuff. :P

(This post was edited by marary on Apr 10 2015, 10:50am)

Noria
Gondor

Apr 10 2015, 11:52am

Post #3 of 22 (1569 views)
Shortcut
I would like to see all of those things... [In reply to] Can't Post

especially the Fili stuff.

I have to admit that I would also love to see the ice chariot.

Bombadil
Half-elven

Apr 10 2015, 12:03pm

Post #4 of 22 (1566 views)
Shortcut
How about the Windlance? [In reply to] Can't Post

After studing the ScreenCaps {Thanks to Black Fox}
No sign of it...But Seems likely it
could be jus' a few shots...
that Bard sees from his
Jail Cell?

Would love that...

www.charlie-art.biz

marary
Lorien

Apr 10 2015, 12:30pm

Post #5 of 22 (1560 views)
Shortcut
rumors [In reply to] Can't Post

I heard we might see Smaug destroy the windlance during his attack on Lake-town... which makes Bard's decision to make his stand at the bell tower make a bit more sense.

Ooo, the Chariot. I wasn't crazy about this to begin with, but it does promise to be a big blaze and glory for some of the dwarves, so it could be fun to watch. :) More dwarves in combat is never a bad thing.

lionoferebor
Rohan

Apr 10 2015, 1:22pm

Post #6 of 22 (1532 views)
Shortcut
And the list goes on... [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
1) More of Fili during Thorin's madness. I know this one keeps coming up on these boards, but I'll say it again. There was so much setup for Fili as Thorin's first heir, and his responsibilities and heritage, and I really wanted to see him grappling a bit more with his uncle's madness. There was even setup for this IN the third film, and absolutely no follow-up or payoff.

2) Gandalf bringing Thorin news of Thrain's demise. I'm a bit in love with the tragedy of Durin spanning four generations (Thror, Thrain, Thorin, and Fili/Kili), and this seemed like a key moment for the family saga that went missing.

3) Bard being made king of Dale, and Bard and Dain restoring their respective kingdoms in friendship and alliance. Because that will come in handy later during the War of the Ring when they, like, totally hold the northern lands against Sauron's forces and stuff. :P

In addition to all of the above, especially that involving Fili, I would like to see:

4) Bilbo, Thorin, and the other Dwarves dealing with the unknown of whether or not their friends/kin survived Smaug's attack on Lake-town. This would probably include the "Everything I did, I did for them" moment and the last of Thorin's descent into the dragon-sickness.

5) Fili addressing Kili about Tauriel. I would say he's grateful to Tauriel for saving Kili, but based on the incredulous glances he gives the two while on the shores of Lake-town I get the impression he doesn't approve of Kili's interest in her. IMO, it would be interesting to hear Fili's thoughts on the matter and how Kili responds to his brother.

6) When Thorin is in the counting room of Erebor holding up the Gems of Lasgalen, he is speaking to someone...I would like to know who that someone is.

7) The missing scene with Bofur and Bilbo. The missing scene with Fili and Bilbo. Our brave, lovable Hobbit in scenes with our cheery, eyed toy-maker and our noble, golden Prince...definitely would like to see these moments. (Also the scene with Fili would probably add to the impact his death has on Bilbo).

8) Radagast rounding up Beorn and the Eagles to come fight. That said more Beorn and more Eagles...I love those birds.

9) The chariot scene. Yes, I admit I would like to see this moment. I would guess this is probably the "chase sequence" of the third film - as the race out of Goblin Town was to AUJ and the escape from Mirkwood was to DOS. Both of those sequence, IMO, were very exciting and I think the chariot scene may also be. Though there is the issue with the poor cgi, but hopefully they've had a chance to clean it up since the trailer.

10) Dwalin the disappearing dwarf. I know I keep coming back to this, but I would really like to know what happens to him. One moments he's at Ravenhill slicing and dicing Orcs the next he's gone.

I could list more, but I'll stop here.

Goldeneye
Lorien

Apr 10 2015, 1:22pm

Post #7 of 22 (1529 views)
Shortcut
Oh yes! [In reply to] Can't Post

Those would both be great scenes to see in the EE. I didn't even realize until a few days ago that Gloin is wearing Gimli's helmet from LOTR! He doesn't wear it for very long so it was hard to catch. And on a side note...why the heck did they take all that awesome armor off when they stormed out of Erebor???

Like most everyone else, I would like to see Thorin's funeral and some more Beorn action on the battlefield. I would also like to see a few lingering shots of Smaug's corpse lying amoung the smoking mass of Laketown.

marary
Lorien

Apr 10 2015, 1:32pm

Post #8 of 22 (1520 views)
Shortcut
My dream may be 30 minutes of extra Fili footage... [In reply to] Can't Post

5) Fili addressing Kili about Tauriel. I would say he's grateful to Tauriel for saving Kili, but based on the incredulous glances he gives the two while on the shores of Lake-town I get the impression he doesn't approve of Kili's interest in her. IMO, it would be interesting to hear Fili's thoughts on the matter and how Kili responds to his brother.

I would have LOVED to see THORIN's reaction regarding Kili's courtship of Tauriel because how funny/interesting would that be? But I don't think there's any space/need for it in the story. A moment with the brothers would be welcome, tho, as this might be the first wedge between them, and you get quite a few hints about Fili's thoughts on the matter. (And this would be an excuse for more Fili and brotherliness. Yay!)

8) Radagast rounding up Beorn and the Eagles to come fight. That said more Beorn and more Eagles...I love those birds.

Seconded! Radagast has really grown on me, once I managed to look past the bird excrement. The eagles are gorgeously rendered, and it's always wonderful to watch them in action. Maybe Dain will even give them that necklace, like in the book. :) (Probably not-- I think that's a fair book detail to cut.)

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Apr 10 2015, 1:36pm

Post #9 of 22 (1520 views)
Shortcut
Besides the funeral scene? [In reply to] Can't Post

Actually, not sure how I'd handle the funeral scene, probably cry my eyes out. I don't know if it was filmed, but I'd like to see Fili take out one or two Orcs before Azog overpowers him. And I'd also like to find out what happened to Dwalin, although I have a theory about that.

And yes, the Ice Chariot scene - I think it could go down very differently in the EE, due to the fact that DOS was changed so with the inclusion of Thrain in Dol Goldur. When you watch the TE you'll see Thorin standing near the frozen waterfall by himself. I think it's possible he grabs a battle ram (and yes, I want to see the Dwarf cavalry) and goes up Ravenhill by himself. Then Kili, Fili, Dwalin and Balin grab a chariot and go after him, on a different route obviously since they are actually on the frozen river. Don't know what that might do to Fili's awesome battleroll scene, but maybe they can work it out.

And finally, each of the 13 dwarves were supposed to get a "hero" moment. There are brief flashes in the TE when they first come out of Erebor of Nori, Bofur, Dori and Ori fighting - definitely would like to see more of THAT! It is about the Dwarves, after all.

Why yes, I DO look like Anna Friel!

Holly Hobbit
Bree

Apr 10 2015, 5:01pm

Post #10 of 22 (1417 views)
Shortcut
In addition to the Durins' funeral, Thranduil receiving his wife's gems... [In reply to] Can't Post

To me this is a huge deal. Not only is it an iconic scene in the book when Bilbo gives him the necklace, but in the movie the necklace actually has more meaning behind it and it was the actual reason Thranduil even went to Erebor in the final movie.

Without that resolution, Thranduil's story is just left hanging once Legolas leaves, and it's kind of a downer since his Elk died, his son left, and he has been traumatized by war and the loss of many of his people for the second time. And with such rich character development for Thranduil up to that point and such brilliant acting by Lee Pace, it really is a shame that we couldn't see him at least get the necklace back in the TE.

Ideally, I would like to see Bilbo give Thranduil the necklace as part of his loot after the funeral/Dain's coronation, unaware that it is his wife's. That could make for a really touching scene and could serve as a follow-up to the earlier scene with Bilbo's "apology" for tricking the Mirkwood guards. Although at this rate we may be fortunate to see Thranduil receive the necklace at all... 30-45 minutes is more time to fix things, but I personally would like to see a 60-minute-longer EE with tighter editing and all character arcs resolved (and less Alfrid!)

I know there are a lot of things I would like to see in the EE that weren't in the TE (Beorn was cheated in the theatrical cuts of DOS and BOTFA), but Thranduil's necklace means way more to me than extra battle sequences because that's another unresolved plot point, and Thranduil deserves better...

Mooseboy018
Grey Havens

Apr 10 2015, 5:36pm

Post #11 of 22 (1390 views)
Shortcut
I bet that will be in the EE in some way. [In reply to] Can't Post

The funeral, Dain's coronation, and Bard's coronation (or something to that effect) have pretty much been confirmed to be in the EE. I have a feeling Thranduil getting the gems back will be part of one of those scenes. There's going to be a scene with Dain and Bilbo, which I'm really looking forward to. Maybe Bilbo convinces Dain to give the gems back to Thranduil.

Eleniel
Tol Eressea

Apr 10 2015, 6:09pm

Post #12 of 22 (1374 views)
Shortcut
That's my wish, too! [In reply to] Can't Post

I 'm still holding out a faint hope for something like this in the EE!

"Choosing Trust over Doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened."
¯ Victoria Monfort

marary
Lorien

Apr 10 2015, 6:18pm

Post #13 of 22 (1368 views)
Shortcut
Is it fair to ask for more Tauriel? [In reply to] Can't Post

I know her presence is controversial, and as she's non-canonical, some people might think extra sceentime unwarranted... I didn't like some of her lines, but I enjoyed the character overall. And kinda like Thranduil, she's left in a very unresolved place at the end of the film, for all the writers invested in her. Did Thranduil allow her back to Mirkwood? Does she decide to travel ME or take out that spider nest she was so worried about in DOS?

I'm starting to feel that 60 minutes of extra footage might be called for as well to get everything this story really needs!

That would be nice to see Bilbo and/or Dain return the necklace.

lionoferebor
Rohan

Apr 10 2015, 7:14pm

Post #14 of 22 (1332 views)
Shortcut
You maybe walking in dangerous ground with that one... [In reply to] Can't Post

but I have to agree Tauriel's story is left hanging and needs some resolution. Outside if that I don't feel anything further is needed for the character.

Adrianna
Lorien

Apr 10 2015, 8:26pm

Post #15 of 22 (1298 views)
Shortcut
Tauriel resolution [In reply to] Can't Post

could be a if PJ showed Mirkwood being set on fire by the orcs and she died defending it. It would then explain why she's not in LOTR. It would make also a good prologue to LOTR.

I would also like to see the funeral scenes and Thranduil getting the jewels.

Cross fingers that PJ get the EE right.

Smile

"I did free him. I freed his wretched head from his miserable shoulders."

Bombadil
Half-elven

Apr 10 2015, 9:32pm

Post #16 of 22 (1277 views)
Shortcut
Bifur's AXE Removal Operation...? [In reply to] Can't Post

PJ gave THIS away! when Bilbo says
Good-Bye to the Dwarves...

OIN : "An Axe in his?, but his Legs work FINE"
No longer is.. in this Good-bye Shot...

Poor William Kirchner had to ACT really
Cross-EYED in the whole Movie...

SSOoo Bom suposses?.. OIN with the Help of other
Dwarves will Find Erebor's Hospital & Remove the AXE.

THINK about it? In a Mining community accidents do Happen,
SSOoo it's likly they have some sorta of Surgery Room ?

Do you suppose he will speak WESTRON finally?

Could be a wonderful, sweet little scene..
bom
Crazy

www.charlie-art.biz

Aragorn the Elfstone
Tol Eressea

Apr 11 2015, 2:51am

Post #17 of 22 (1201 views)
Shortcut
It's hard for me to know exactly what to wish for... [In reply to] Can't Post

...because these films - especially BotFA - feel so different from the book for me. So who knows what's there to be added back in, and what will be left on the chopping block. What I do know is that I can't wait to see the Extended Cut just on the basis that I feel like it will be the real film. I've had issues with all three of the Theatrical films of this trilogy. And while not all of those issues were alleviated by the prior two extended cuts, I have to say I enjoyed those versions of the films quite a lot. Not up to the standard of the LotR films for me, but very fun films in their own right.

I'm just dying for even a taste of the Extended Cut. I know we're probably not due for an announcement, clip, etc. for another couple months - but I just wish it would hurry up. Tongue

In general, I'm just really looking forward to expanded character moments all around, a more well rounded story, as well as more emotional pathos. The Bilbo/Bofur scene I've heard about sounds fantastic, and I look forward to a bookend to their magnificent scene in AUJ.

"The danger with any movie that does as well as this one does is that the amount of money it's making and the number of awards that it's got becomes almost more important than the movie itself in people's minds. I look at that as, in a sense, being very much like the Ring, and its effect on people. You know, you can kind of forget what we were doing, if you get too wrapped up in that."
- Viggo Mortensen

(This post was edited by Aragorn the Elfstone on Apr 11 2015, 2:53am)

DisDwarfWoman
Rivendell

Apr 11 2015, 5:42pm

Post #18 of 22 (1088 views)
Shortcut
That would be great! [In reply to] Can't Post

I would love to see when the ax is removed, and anything more with Oin (my favorite dwarf) would be great. He is the medic after all, so that would make sense!

At this point the extended could be an extra hour of just these kind of scenes and I would still want to see more of the dwarves.

BalrogTrainer
Rivendell

Apr 12 2015, 12:24am

Post #19 of 22 (1027 views)
Shortcut
All of the above, plus... [In reply to] Can't Post

- more of Bilbo's return journey (including stopping to recover the treasure chest the Dwarves buried in AUJ that 'still smells of Troll')
- the alliance struck between the kingdoms of Dale and Erebor (with Dáin agreeing to give the people of Dale a share of the treasure to rebuild the city)
- in addition to Thranduil receiving his necklace, the Arkenstone business should also be resolved (along with Orcrist being buried with Thorin).
- re: the ice chariot scene; seeing as the Wargs were considered the fifth army in the book, it'd be nice to see them get a little more screen time
- the whole multitude of Dwarves riding the battle rams, also seen in the first trailer
- more of the attack on Dol Guldur/White Council business
- some sort of explanation as to why Radagast is MIA during the events of LOTR. Tongue

BalrogTrainer
Rivendell

Apr 12 2015, 12:06pm

Post #20 of 22 (972 views)
Shortcut
One last thing: [In reply to] Can't Post

- an actual prologue; ideally it'd be something like Thorin conversing with Dáin about going on the quest (and Dáin declining) prior to Thorin's trip to Bag End. We'd never fully see Dáin - mostly just in shadows and quick cuts, so as to not spoil his grand entry on the battlefield - and it would end with him warning Thorin about the Dragon... at which point we'd cut to the proper beginning from the theatrical cut of Smaug approaching Lake-town.

Pandallo
Rivendell

Apr 12 2015, 11:39pm

Post #21 of 22 (912 views)
Shortcut
Six Envoys... not Six Dwarf-Kings [In reply to] Can't Post

I think that Thorin was the only King present as Thorin specifically says "Envoys from the seven families". So it is unlikely that he met with Dain in this exchange, but someone transmitting Dain's answer. Though I would love to see a flashback to Dain in some respect though.

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Apr 13 2015, 1:27pm

Post #22 of 22 (889 views)
Shortcut
The Envoy from the Iron Hills [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I think that Thorin was the only King present as Thorin specifically says "Envoys from the seven families". So it is unlikely that he met with Dain in this exchange, but someone transmitting Dain's answer. Though I would love to see a flashback to Dain in some respect though.

Parenthetically, I am slightly curious to know which route the representative from the Iron Hills used to reach the Blue Mountains. My assumption is that he would have traveled south to the Gap of Rohan and then north-west up the Greenway; otherwise, Thorin might have had better intelligence for his plan for using the Great East Road (although that might have been Gandalf's idea since that road also leads to Rivendell).

But, no, this is not something I would expect for the extended edition of TH:BotFA.

"At the end of the journey, all men think that their youth was Arcadia..." - Phantom F. Harlock

(This post was edited by Otaku-sempai on Apr 13 2015, 1:29pm)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.