Deep woods
open plains
mountains
tropical jungle
farmland
my own garden
my own living room
I'm a city person
I don't care as long as I'm with/ I've got . . .
other
View Results (142 votes)

Annael
Immortal

Apr 8 2015, 3:05pm

Post #1 of 25 (1825 views)
Shortcut
Where does your heart live? Can't Post

Legolas's is with the sea; Bilbo loves the mountains, Dwarves are happiest underground; Sam prefers his own garden. Where are you happiest? Multiple answers allowed.

Brethil
Half-elven

Apr 8 2015, 3:19pm

Post #2 of 25 (1741 views)
Shortcut
I am somewhat torn, like Legolas [In reply to] Can't Post

I love my garden, all the growing things there. But I also love being near the sea - especially around all of our little bays and coves. As I get older though I notice I feel even more attached to the garden. There really are very few other places I would rather be.

But even if I am a bit torn, fortunately I can have both because of where I live. Cool

Gianna
Rohan

Apr 8 2015, 5:27pm

Post #3 of 25 (1730 views)
Shortcut
Lakes and rivers and forests [In reply to] Can't Post

And ponds, and waterfalls, and trickling streams, and quiet glades...

(Whew, figured out the picture business! Smile)

Donry
Tol Eressea

Apr 8 2015, 6:08pm

Post #4 of 25 (1722 views)
Shortcut
Ocean, Lakeside/Riverside... [In reply to] Can't Post

Have spent my entire life living next to Lake Ontario, with the exception of about two years, but those years lived next to the Ottawa River. Have had family cottages on a couple different lakes most of my life as well. Have always, always felt at home when visiting the ocean. Will be down in the Caribbean in a couple days.....My wife has always talked about moving west to the plains/mountains of Canada....I have always countered with having to live near a fairly substantial body of water....pretty sure I was on a ship in at least one previous life.....

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 8 2015, 7:12pm

Post #5 of 25 (1715 views)
Shortcut
Forests/mountains/my own living room [In reply to] Can't Post

I have a great fondness for tall trees. One reason I bought my house was that the garden had trees that could be climbed. Smile

Dame Ioreth
Tol Eressea

Apr 8 2015, 10:00pm

Post #6 of 25 (1708 views)
Shortcut
My heart is with my family [In reply to] Can't Post

so wherever my hubby and kids are is where I am happiest. But if I can get those people to my Grandpa's cottage on Georgian Bay, that is when I am in heaven.

Patty
Immortal

Apr 9 2015, 12:06am

Post #7 of 25 (1691 views)
Shortcut
I guess I have to say my own living room, but.. [In reply to] Can't Post

If I didnt have allergies and asthma, and didn't HATE bugs and snakes it would have to be the deep woods. How awesome are the giant redwoods? Pretty darned awesome, is the answer.

Meneldor
Valinor

Apr 9 2015, 2:05am

Post #8 of 25 (1673 views)
Shortcut
The sky. // [In reply to] Can't Post

Kim
Valinor

Apr 9 2015, 2:13am

Post #9 of 25 (1672 views)
Shortcut
Ocean/Lakeside/Riverside/Mountains and my own living room [In reply to] Can't Post

When I'm outside, I have to be near water, and there have to be mountains nearby. I need those views, and the sound of the water. But when the weather's not so nice, there's nothing like curling up on my couch. Smile

RosieLass
Valinor

Apr 9 2015, 6:12am

Post #10 of 25 (1668 views)
Shortcut
I love the woods. [In reply to] Can't Post

And I would feel weird living somewhere that had no mountains.

But when it comes right down to it, I'm a city slicker born and bred.

BlackFox
Half-elven

Apr 9 2015, 9:00am

Post #11 of 25 (1660 views)
Shortcut
My home [In reply to] Can't Post

But it likes to wander the fields and forests too.

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Apr 9 2015, 7:28pm

Post #12 of 25 (1638 views)
Shortcut
Pretty easy - ocean [In reply to] Can't Post

I live in Oklahoma so I've already seen plains and farmland - they are okay, but I always wanted to live on the coast. Not sure which coast, though I've been to California more than any other. Been to Hawaii, too, and plan to visit NZ probably early 2016. I could see living on an island. Mountains are nice to look at, but I don't think I'd want to live on one. As for cities, well there are plenty of cities on a coast. I wouldn't want to live in a too remote area, I like having people around even if I don't interact with them very much.

Auckland skyline - see what I mean?

Darkstone
Immortal

Apr 9 2015, 7:52pm

Post #13 of 25 (1634 views)
Shortcut
Paris / [In reply to] Can't Post

Fimbulfambi
The Shire

Apr 9 2015, 9:13pm

Post #14 of 25 (1623 views)
Shortcut
lakeside/ocean [In reply to] Can't Post

I cannot live far away from water! I need it within a walking or short biking distance to really feel at home. I grew up in an archipelago area where there were ocean with lots of islands, and on the mainlain we had a lot of lakes!

Annael
Immortal

Apr 10 2015, 2:27pm

Post #15 of 25 (1587 views)
Shortcut
I'd like to live in the mountains on the coast [In reply to] Can't Post

preferably mountains that get a lot of snow & have Ponderosa pines.

So I move back & forth from living on the east slope of the Cascades and living out on the coast. I'm in "coast" mode at the moment but go visit my friends on the other side of the mountains as much as possible.

Arandiel
Grey Havens

Apr 11 2015, 12:05am

Post #16 of 25 (1564 views)
Shortcut
I've tried before to leave Colorado... [In reply to] Can't Post

... never been successful at it for any great length of time. Though I very much love the coast of Oregon as well.

zarabia
Tol Eressea

Apr 11 2015, 5:05am

Post #17 of 25 (1545 views)
Shortcut
A walkable city or town with plenty of green spaces... [In reply to] Can't Post

with easy access to beautiful scenery - it can be mountains, ocean, desert, rolling hills, forest, whatever.

But right now, it's with my dad. I treasure the time I have left with him.

(This post was edited by zarabia on Apr 11 2015, 5:07am)

Starling
Half-elven

Apr 11 2015, 9:32am

Post #18 of 25 (1520 views)
Shortcut
I like this :-) // [In reply to] Can't Post

CathrineB
Rohan

Apr 11 2015, 9:54am

Post #19 of 25 (1517 views)
Shortcut
In my chest... [In reply to] Can't Post

But seriously uhm. The mountains. Though I've always loved seeing the mountains rather than being on them Laugh

Ciars
Rohan

Apr 11 2015, 6:10pm

Post #20 of 25 (1492 views)
Shortcut
Ditto! [In reply to] Can't Post

In fact that's where I live now, close to a city, surrounded by hills/mountains and a lough/ rivers/sea also with farmland close by and rolling glens with beautiful waterfalls/lakes and streams. With the bonus of family at hand! I find flatter places strange to be honest as I'm so used to hills and valleys. We really are spoiled with beautiful scenery here that when I watch holiday programmes and they start oozing with pleasure at the scenery I'm thinking naw, that's nothing special really!

sevilodorf
Tol Eressea

Apr 12 2015, 12:34am

Post #21 of 25 (1464 views)
Shortcut
hmmm more a matter of saying where it isn't [In reply to] Can't Post

... don't like freezing cold... though I will ski or walk in snowy woods but just not on a regular long lasting basis.

Also not a fan of big cities for the long term.... a visit... but not to live.

And I can totally do without excess humidity with mosquitoes.

sherlock
Gondor

Apr 13 2015, 11:56am

Post #22 of 25 (1383 views)
Shortcut
I like a walkable city [In reply to] Can't Post

Or town, too. I grew up in a small town on the east coast. I don't like big towns where you have to drive everywhere.

Lissuin
Valinor

Apr 13 2015, 8:21pm

Post #23 of 25 (1352 views)
Shortcut
Mountains and water. Right here. [In reply to] Can't Post

When we were first married, we discussed where we would really want to live some day. We both picked "where the mountains come down to the sea". Having a city not too small, not too big, but just right only a half hour away would be a definite plus. Thank you to all the places that came before that were not that but had their own charms. Who knew they would eventually lead us here?
This is home. The wanderers have come home. Even after five years I still require frequent pinching.

swordwhale
Tol Eressea

Apr 20 2015, 3:41am

Post #24 of 25 (1275 views)
Shortcut
na'aear, na'aear... [In reply to] Can't Post

happens to be my favorite song from the books...

I have sung it on trips to the shore, in my kayak, and most notably, used it as a rowing song a few times on the Viking Longship (www.longshipco.org)...

I grew up in southcentral Pennsylvania farm country of German farming stock. Most of my relatives a friends head north and west to the "mountains" and woods of PA when they go on vacation. I like all natural landscapes (I am utterly allergic to cities), but far prefer to drive south to the Chesapeake Bay or east to the sea.

I'd truly love to snorkel or dive in warm clear tropical water, but that takes $$$$.

Meanwhile, I have developed an appreciation for the vast inland sea called the Chesapeake.

Beleg Strongbow Cuthalion
Bree

Jun 9 2015, 3:35pm

Post #25 of 25 (823 views)
Shortcut
I love..... [In reply to] Can't Post

.....the mountains, the ocean, trees, anything connected with nature. I'm an outside person. =) Oh yes, and I also love my bedroom with all my collected LOTR objects. Wink

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.