Shortcut
any news on the extended edition Can't Post

PryftanAW
Bree

Apr 4 2015, 6:32pm

Post #2 of 18 (2959 views)
Shortcut
Adam Brown and Graham McTavish about the funeral [In reply to] Can't Post

In this Video Adam Brown and Graham McTavish talk about the funeral scene. https://youtu.be/K9klzTCANl8

lionoferebor
Rohan

Apr 4 2015, 10:17pm

Post #3 of 18 (2800 views)
Shortcut
Interesting clip... [In reply to] Can't Post

never knew Dean O'Gorman was a pro at dying. Unsure

CathrineB
Rohan

Apr 5 2015, 2:39pm

Post #4 of 18 (2483 views)
Shortcut
From tumblr [In reply to] Can't Post

graham just told us that he can’t talk about what dwalin did after fili died because we will learn about it in the extended edition

source: http://bilbosacorn.tumblr.com/...cant-talk-about-what

It's from hobbitcon going on this weekend.
*crosses fingers Dwalin fights (duh) and it involes Fili. Pleease. I just need someone to care that Fili's gone too. Unsure

(This post was edited by CathrineB on Apr 5 2015, 2:40pm)

lionoferebor
Rohan

Apr 5 2015, 5:31pm

Post #5 of 18 (2391 views)
Shortcut
Me too.... [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To

graham just told us that he can’t talk about what dwalin did after fili died because we will learn about it in the extended edition

source: http://bilbosacorn.tumblr.com/...cant-talk-about-what

It's from hobbitcon going on this weekend.
*crosses fingers Dwalin fights (duh) and it involes Fili. Pleease. I just need someone to care that Fili's gone too. Unsure

I need this as well.

BlackFox
Half-elven

Apr 5 2015, 5:36pm

Post #6 of 18 (2372 views)
Shortcut
Sounds promising! // [In reply to] Can't Post

Mooseboy018
Grey Havens

Apr 5 2015, 5:55pm

Post #7 of 18 (2369 views)
Shortcut
Yes! [In reply to] Can't Post

More dwarves!

This might answer what happens to Dwalin at Ravenhill. Maybe he took it upon himself to defend Fili's body.

CathrineB
Rohan

Apr 6 2015, 6:48pm

Post #8 of 18 (2038 views)
Shortcut
More rumors from hobbitcon [In reply to] Can't Post

http://flawless-dwarves.tumblr.com/...life-or-is-this-just

5hr EE of bofa?? is this real life or is this just a fantasy?

well nothing is confirmed but it is a possibility, according to John Callen. In other news, Graham McTavish also told us that P. Jackson wasn’t really happy with the theatrical cut and had to do it because of studio pressure… So maybe some changes as well in ee? Or a director’s cut?

I'm not going to hope, but I wouldn't hate a five hours version to make up for what the theatrical one ended up like. It sounds too good to be true frankly Laugh

(This post was edited by CathrineB on Apr 6 2015, 6:48pm)

Bombadil
Half-elven

Apr 6 2015, 7:35pm

Post #9 of 18 (1996 views)
Shortcut
Is Hobbitcon going on Now in Germany?/// [In reply to] Can't Post

www.charlie-art.biz
"What Your Mind can conceive... charlie can achieve"

CathrineB
Rohan

Apr 6 2015, 7:37pm

Post #10 of 18 (2006 views)
Shortcut
It was the final day today [In reply to] Can't Post

Bombadil
Half-elven

Apr 6 2015, 8:18pm

Post #11 of 18 (1974 views)
Shortcut
A Facebook Friend jus' posted a Picture [In reply to] Can't Post

From there. IT's WAyCOOL
CosPlayers Dressed as,
THROR, THRAIN & THORIN

VERY Accurate Costumes,
Hope they Won the Contest!

Maybe we will hear from
Our Germany Family SOON?

bom
Crazy

www.charlie-art.biz
"What Your Mind can conceive... charlie can achieve"

AshNazg
Gondor

Apr 6 2015, 8:22pm

Post #12 of 18 (1974 views)
Shortcut
That's a pretty big claim... [In reply to] Can't Post

I very much doubt there will be a 5hr version, it's already too long, and I'm certain PJ was not pressured into releasing anything he was not happy with. This just sounds like wishful thinking from disappointed fans. There's no way that's true.

CathrineB
Rohan

Apr 6 2015, 8:24pm

Post #13 of 18 (1966 views)
Shortcut
Yeah [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I very much doubt there will be a 5hr version, it's already too long, and I'm certain PJ was not pressured into releasing anything he was not happy with. This just sounds like wishful thinking from disappointed fans. There's no way that's true.

That was my thought too. I would have wanted it to be true too, but it just doesn't seem likely at all.

LoremIpsum
Lorien

Apr 6 2015, 8:50pm

Post #14 of 18 (1947 views)
Shortcut
Well... it's been speculated from the day of the premiere that he was not happy with this cut [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To

In Reply To

That was my thought too. I would have wanted it to be true too, but it just doesn't seem likely at all.

especially after he made comments about having to make some difficult decisions and how the EE will be the best of the lot and how he's tired with Hollywood and making small NZ movies from now on ...

DisDwarfWoman
Rivendell

Apr 7 2015, 3:39am

Post #15 of 18 (1852 views)
Shortcut
Same here... [In reply to] Can't Post

We should start a club...Frown

Mooseboy018
Grey Havens

Apr 7 2015, 5:52pm

Post #16 of 18 (1689 views)
Shortcut
Warner Bros. [In reply to] Can't Post

There's pretty much always been a potential five hour cut for all the movies if everything that was shot was put back in. I think that's all they meant. It doesn't mean we'll get anything even close to that.

As far as studio pressure, I don't think it's that unbelievable. It doesn't necessarily mean that PJ wasn't happy at all with the theatrical cut or that the studio made all the big editing decisions. But I can definitely see Warner Bros being more "involved" than New Line was, and maybe they did pressure him to cut it down and focus on certain aspects of the movie (Legolas, Alfrid) over others.

mirkwoodwanderer
Lorien

Apr 11 2015, 12:48am

Post #17 of 18 (1286 views)
Shortcut
That is all true [In reply to] Can't Post

but I hoped for a release date..

AshNazg
Gondor

Apr 11 2015, 4:39pm

Post #18 of 18 (1250 views)
Shortcut
I'm going to throw this out as a rumour... [In reply to] Can't Post

The Extended Edition could be coming a little later than expected, with a vague window of "in time for Christmas". Which I'd read as late Nov earliest. All subject to change, though.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.