The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: TORn Moots and Other Events:
Micro-moot report from Colorado

Altaira
Superuser

Mar 31 2008, 5:04am

Post #1 of 10 (894 views)
Shortcut
Micro-moot report from Colorado Can't Post

Just wanted to report on a very lovely micro-moot we had in Colorado tonight.

entmaiden was lucky enough to land a new client in Denver! She flew in this afternoon and made a quick trip to the abode of B.G. and I for dinner. Little did she know that by coming early enough (read: when it was still daylight), she'd get to accompany me as I fertilized our lawn. Never let it be said that we're not gracious hosts. Wink Luckily for her, we don't have very much lawn and it only took about 20 minutes.

She and I adjourned to the breakfast nook to reminisce about TORn, the wonderful, amazing map project and life in general, while B.G. surfed the internet and watched aircraft carriers on the Military Channel. Laugh

Then, we sat down to a dinner of salad, chili, garlic bread sticks, wine and pineapple upsidedown cake for dessert. entmaiden had to leave WAY too soon (meetings with TORNsibs are *never* long enough), but it was wonderful to see such a dear friend again, for even a few hours.

*hugs* to entmaiden and good luck with the new client!! LaughSmile

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

TORn Calendar

(This post was edited by Altaira on Apr 1 2008, 4:35am)

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Mar 31 2008, 6:53am

Post #2 of 10 (652 views)
Shortcut
What fun! [In reply to] Can't Post

Sounds like a perfect way to spend an evening. :)

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded b*****d with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

greendragon
Sr. Staff

Mar 31 2008, 6:14pm

Post #3 of 10 (650 views)
Shortcut
I'm jealous! [In reply to] Can't Post

I want pineapple upside down cake! Wink

No, seriously, I'm jealous because there are very few people with whom I'd rather spend an evening than entmaiden, Altaira and BG! So glad you all mooted - thanks for posting about it! {{hugs}} to you all!

'There are older and fouler things than orcs in the deep places of my fridge...'

deej
Tol Eressea

Mar 31 2008, 6:28pm

Post #4 of 10 (746 views)
Shortcut
That's great! [In reply to] Can't Post

And you are right - a visit with TORn-sibs is always far too short. Smile

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 1 2008, 11:33pm

Post #5 of 10 (638 views)
Shortcut
Such wonderful hospitality! [In reply to] Can't Post

I had a great evening, and I'm only sad I couldn't repeat the experience on Monday night. Alas, I had to work late, then go to dinner with the client. I'm sitting now at Denver airport waiting for my flight back home - then I'm out again EARLY tomorrow morning.

It was so good to spend time with TORNsibs, and it is indeed too short. Hopefully I'll make my way out west real soon!

Hugs to you and BG.

Anne

Each cloak was fastened about the neck with a brooch like a green leaf veined with silver.
`Are these magic cloaks?' asked Pippin, looking at them with wonder.
`I do not know what you mean by that,' answered the leader of the Elves.

NARF since 1974.
Balin Bows

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 2 2008, 12:05am

Post #6 of 10 (636 views)
Shortcut
Micro-moots may be brief [In reply to] Can't Post

but even a couple hours together is far better than never being able to meet at all!

Hmm...maybe someone could put together a gardening Moot!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

"It struck me last night that you might write a fearfully good romantic drama, with as much of the 'supernatural' as you cared to introduce. Have you ever thought of it?"
-Geoffrey B. Smith, letter to JRR Tolkien, 1915

Annael
Immortal

Apr 2 2008, 3:41pm

Post #7 of 10 (629 views)
Shortcut
did she try to get you to move in again? [In reply to] Can't Post

And is the "decorator paint" gone yet? Where is the map hung?

I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet strange, I am ungrateful to those teachers.
- Kahlil Gibran

NARF and member of Deplorable Cultus since 1967

Altaira
Superuser

Apr 2 2008, 3:51pm

Post #8 of 10 (641 views)
Shortcut
In order to stay [In reply to] Can't Post

...she would have had to help us put our guest bed together as well as help fertlize the lawn, lol. It, erm, hasn't been a priority. So, beware to anyone who comes and plans to spend the night. When we ask you to make the bed, we might really mean it! Laugh

My friend who is going to frame the map has seen it. Among his comments he said it was so amazing he "wanted to write poetry about it," so I know he'll take great care with it. ATM it's being flattened out and I'm in the process of picking just the right frame.

Oh, and the 'designer' paint (BG calls it the "Freddy Kruger paint job") is gone from over the fireplace, but I haven't had the chance (or the energy) to tackle the kitchen ceiling yet. It took 2 1/2 coats of primer to do the fireplace and I dread having to do that with my head cranked up for an hour or two.

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

TORn Calendar

Alcarcalime
Tol Eressea

Apr 2 2008, 4:47pm

Post #9 of 10 (634 views)
Shortcut
Just idle curiosity, but... [In reply to] Can't Post

how do you put on 1/2 coat of paint? Is it thinner?

Altaira
Superuser

Apr 3 2008, 3:34pm

Post #10 of 10 (825 views)
Shortcut
Lol! [In reply to] Can't Post

No. About 1/2 the area required three coats of paint.

It's the new math. WinkLaugh

TORn Calendar

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.