Loving the April Fool...
First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Brethil
Half-elven

Apr 3 2015, 3:45am

Post #51 of 59 (494 views)
Shortcut
My FIL used that trick for years [In reply to] Can't Post

to take my husband's French fries, or cookies, or whatever. He would usually say, "Look! The Concorde!" and whoosh. He tried it with my son when he was about six. Got a stony-eyed gaze and guarded French fries. My husband couldn't believe it. "Why do you get me every time?" he said indignantly. Laugh

You can keep the Boston Cream. I love my jellies. That makes it easy for us! Cool

zarabia
Tol Eressea

Apr 3 2015, 6:41am

Post #52 of 59 (465 views)
Shortcut
Too cute :) // [In reply to] Can't Post

You realize that life goes fast
It's hard to make the good things last
You realize the sun doesn't go down
It's just an illusion caused by the world spinning 'round

~Do You Realize?, The Flaming Lips

zarabia
Tol Eressea

Apr 3 2015, 6:45am

Post #53 of 59 (466 views)
Shortcut
A nighttime ninja parade...somebody's gotta make this a reality :D // [In reply to] Can't Post

You realize that life goes fast
It's hard to make the good things last
You realize the sun doesn't go down
It's just an illusion caused by the world spinning 'round

~Do You Realize?, The Flaming Lips

Annael
Immortal

Apr 3 2015, 2:42pm

Post #54 of 59 (462 views)
Shortcut
I worked with a guy for three years [In reply to] Can't Post

before I realized just how often he was kidding me. Completely deadpan delivery. And he was the accountant so I'm afraid I didn't expect him to be making jokes. Once I figured it out though . . . he was hilarious. We hired him on the side to do our taxes, soon he was doing taxes for half the family, & became a good friend. But I blush still to think how long it took me to cotton on to him.

People with soul can identify with another person's basic human struggle without either judgment or indifference.

-- Thomas Moore

NARF and member of Deplorable Cultus since 1967

Brethil
Half-elven

Apr 3 2015, 3:06pm

Post #55 of 59 (464 views)
Shortcut
My grandmother was a prankster, and a very funny lady, [In reply to] Can't Post

and I am NOT particularly gullible - I am a bit pranky myself, but she had a joke that would sucker me in for YEARS. The setting was driving past a cemetery, especially a very large one on the outskirts of NYC....and she would suddenly, in the midst of other conversation, animatedly ask some version of this:

"Oh my! Look at all those markers! Do you know how many people are dead in there?"

"No!" I would say, enthralled.

"All of them," would be the serene answer.

I fell for this at least a dozen times over fifteen years. Crazy

(This post was edited by Brethil on Apr 3 2015, 3:07pm)

Magpie
Immortal

Apr 3 2015, 3:13pm

Post #56 of 59 (442 views)
Shortcut
Yes, I knew someone like that, too [In reply to] Can't Post

I was living in a housing coop with 19 people and he was one of the quietest ones (in a group that had some really vocal people). I finally caught on to all his really soft spoken, deadpan, hilarious comments and made it a point to focus on him in group meetings. I don't know if anyone else noticed but me.

LOTR soundtrack website ~ magpie avatar gallery
TORn History Mathom-house ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 3 2015, 7:17pm

Post #57 of 59 (445 views)
Shortcut
I was watching the Graham Norton Show last night [In reply to] Can't Post

and a comedian mentioned how having kids opened up a whole new world of pranks. His favourite was when his daughter was five and they'd be invited to a housewarming. When people were being shown around the new house he'd have his child stop in a hallway and point into an empty room and say, "Why is that little boy crying?"

Laugh

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Brethil
Half-elven

Apr 3 2015, 8:42pm

Post #58 of 59 (421 views)
Shortcut
Oh my Eru. That is devilishly clever...! // [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
When people were being shown around the new house he'd have his child stop in a hallway and point into an empty room and say, "Why is that little boy crying?"

Laugh

Annael
Immortal

Apr 3 2015, 10:49pm

Post #59 of 59 (436 views)
Shortcut
love it! [In reply to] Can't Post

sending to my great-nephew Wink

People with soul can identify with another person's basic human struggle without either judgment or indifference.

-- Thomas Moore

NARF and member of Deplorable Cultus since 1967

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.