The One Ring Forums: TheOneRing.net: Feedback:
Fanedit-related threads

Goldeneye
Lorien

Mar 31 2015, 1:25pm

Post #1 of 7 (1106 views)
Shortcut
Fanedit-related threads Can't Post

Have the admins come to decide how to handle fanedit discussions on TORn, and if so what Topic they should be posted under?

Altaira
Superuser

Mar 31 2015, 3:51pm

Post #2 of 7 (1061 views)
Shortcut
We're still discussing it [In reply to] Can't Post

No decision as of yet. Smile

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

AshNazg
Gondor

Apr 1 2015, 10:25pm

Post #3 of 7 (1009 views)
Shortcut
I really think fan edits should go under fan art... [In reply to] Can't Post

It's essentially fan fiction, right?

Bofur01
Lorien

Apr 2 2015, 5:17pm

Post #4 of 7 (972 views)
Shortcut
Agreed // [In reply to] Can't Post

Loresilme
Valinor

Apr 6 2015, 4:35pm

Post #5 of 7 (945 views)
Shortcut
I completely agree [In reply to] Can't Post

totally, 100% agree. A fan edit is taking someone else's work and re-doing it with your own interpretation. If that isn't fan art, I don't know what is.

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 6 2015, 5:54pm

Post #6 of 7 (955 views)
Shortcut
Silverlode has articulated TORn's position well [In reply to] Can't Post

in this thread. Since nearly all the content of a fan edit is original, copyrighted material, it does not meet TORn's expectation that Fan Art is for fans to share their original creations based on the JRRT books and Peter Jackson movies.

(This post was edited by entmaiden on Apr 6 2015, 8:18pm)

Loresilme
Valinor

Apr 6 2015, 8:09pm

Post #7 of 7 (939 views)
Shortcut
I'm not a fan [In reply to] Can't Post

of fan edits. I try to just overlook them on the movie boards. Thanks for the link to Silverlode's post - I thought the fan art board was being considered as being more suitable for them, but I had missed some new news there. All the research and details and angles you guys have to be experts on in these situations is just mind-boggling! Oh well... in the meantime I can just continue to hit the ol' imaginary ignore button Angelic.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.