Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Gaming & Collecting:
Think we'll ever see some merchandise for Bolg?

KrakenGuard
The Shire

Mar 30 2015, 12:39am

Post #1 of 6 (2175 views)
Shortcut
Think we'll ever see some merchandise for Bolg? Can't Post

... No idea where the right place was to post. But yeah, the subject title is pretty self explanatory.

Think we'll ever see any merchandise for Bolg? Action Figures? Vinyl Pop Figures?

BlackFox
Half-elven

Mar 30 2015, 8:23am

Post #2 of 6 (2151 views)
Shortcut
Weta has a Bolg 1/6 scale statue coming out soon [In reply to] Can't Post

https://www.facebook.com/...2/10152305579597303/

KrakenGuard
The Shire

Mar 30 2015, 10:41am

Post #3 of 6 (2145 views)
Shortcut
Oh... [In reply to] Can't Post

Okay, we'll there's that. I completely forgot about that statue. Tongue

But do you think we'll ever see more of him? It kinda stinks that they put out an action figure for an Orc, who was originally going to be Bolg, only to change their minds, and give the new version nothing.

Of course they are making that statue, as you've just mentioned. But I'd like to see more for the character. Action figures! T-Shirts. Plushes, though I doubt they'd go that far. But hey! If peope consider Gollum the cuddly sort, and deserving of a plushie. Tongue

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Mar 30 2015, 3:15pm

Post #4 of 6 (2117 views)
Shortcut
Vinyl Pop figures maybe. [In reply to] Can't Post

The statue is good news. Unfortunately, the collapse of the line of action figures severely limits what we are likely to see for the foreseeable future.

"At the end of the journey, all men think that their youth was Arcadia..." - Phantom F. Harlock

KrakenGuard
The Shire

Mar 30 2015, 7:50pm

Post #5 of 6 (2101 views)
Shortcut
That's a shame. [In reply to] Can't Post

Bolg is an awesome character, and aside from that there statue that BlackFox just posted, there isn't really much for him, merchandise-wise. Which is a great shame. Granted, he's not as popular as Azog is, but I'd say he's popular enough. And he's an important character, to!

He gave LEGOLAS a bloody nose! Tongue

A Vinyl Pop figure would be great though! Those things are adorable! Smile

Would be nice to see Gothmog in that style to, not gonna lie.

Lio
Lorien

Apr 18 2015, 12:05am

Post #6 of 6 (1725 views)
Shortcut
There's also the Eaglemoss figurine [In reply to] Can't Post

From the Hobbit Figurine Collection

Orc Set (they mixed their names up Laugh)

:: late reply Crazy ::

Dwalin Balin Kili Fili Dori Nori Ori Oin Gloin Bifur Bofur Bombur Thorin

Orcs are mammals!

"Don't laugh at the Dwarves because they will mess you up." — Dean O'Gorman (Fili)

Want to chat? AIM me at Yami Liokaiser! (Does anyone still use AIM?)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.