First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Númenórean
The Shire

Mar 28 2015, 5:17pm

Post #1 of 26 (5377 views)
Shortcut
BOTFA Extended Edition - Compilation Can't Post

Enjoy.

(This post was edited by entmaiden on Mar 29 2015, 5:08pm)

Goldeneye
Lorien

Mar 28 2015, 7:19pm

Post #2 of 26 (5154 views)
Shortcut
uh oh [In reply to] Can't Post

It's blocked in my country (US)

Eleniel
Tol Eressea

Mar 28 2015, 8:58pm

Post #3 of 26 (5073 views)
Shortcut
It's fine here in the UK... [In reply to] Can't Post

Very interesting - lots of b-t-s clips presumably from EE commentaries and also quotes from tie-in material sources and audio clips from interviews/comments by PB, etc.

"Choosing Trust over Doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened."
¯ Victoria Monfort

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Mar 28 2015, 11:55pm

Post #4 of 26 (4946 views)
Shortcut
I wonder why? Maybe the music? [In reply to] Can't Post

Interesting to see all these hints together in a video. I'm excited, but the wait is so long Frown

PryftanAW
Bree

Mar 29 2015, 12:36am

Post #5 of 26 (4933 views)
Shortcut
Yes it's because of the music, but... [In reply to] Can't Post

...this link should work

(This post was edited by entmaiden on Mar 29 2015, 5:09pm)

Mooseboy018
Grey Havens

Mar 29 2015, 1:19am

Post #6 of 26 (4892 views)
Shortcut
Thanks! [In reply to] Can't Post

I always love having these compilations, but at the same time I don't want to get my hopes up too much. Because I think we all know that quite of few of these things won't actually end up in the extended edition. I'm still bitter about that Thranduil scene being left out...Mad

He is a wizard, you know!
The Shire

Mar 29 2015, 1:35am

Post #7 of 26 (4882 views)
Shortcut
I suppose it's too much to hope for..... [In reply to] Can't Post

.....all of those things listed to be in the EE? Give us as much more footage as possible, please, PJ! The theatrical edition was waaaaay too short! It seems he cut all the best stuff in favor if Legolas stunts and Alfrid humor. Unsure

"In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit."

"Do you wish me a good morning, or do you mean that it is a good morning whether I want it or not, or that you feel good this morning, or that it is a morning to be good on?"

"Thorin and Company at your service!"

"Stand by the grey stone when the thrush knocks, and the setting sun with the last light of Durin's Day will shine upon the keyhole."

"A box without hinges, key, or lid / Yet golden treasure inside is hid."

"I come from under the hill, and under hills and over hills my path has led. And through the air. I am he that walks unseen."

"My armor is like tenfold shields, my teeth are like swords, my claws spears, the shock from my tail a thunderbolt, my wings a hurricane, and my breath death!"

"If more of us valued your ways - food and cheer above hoarded gold - it would be a merrier world."

"You're a very fine person, Mr. Baggins, and I'm very fond of you, but you're only quite a little fellow in a wide world after all."

Mooseboy018
Grey Havens

Mar 29 2015, 3:03am

Post #8 of 26 (4853 views)
Shortcut
confirmations [In reply to] Can't Post

At least a lot of these have been confirmed either by PJ or Philippa Boyens (more Beorn, Elven Rings stuff, Dain's coronation, Bombur talking). Not everything can end up back in the movie, whether we agree with some of PJ's decisions or not. That was even the case with LotR. I'll just be really upset if we get stuff like Alfrid's death and more gruesome orc killings but not the scene with Bilbo and Bofur or Bilbo planting the acorn. I'm really looking forward to seeing Bilbo's scene with Dain though. Bring on the "too many" endings!Cool

dormouse
Half-elven

Mar 29 2015, 11:09am

Post #9 of 26 (4682 views)
Shortcut
That's really fun to watch, thanks for posting.... [In reply to] Can't Post

Now I'll try to forget it because there is so much there that I'd like to see that I don't want to hope for too much.

Just one point. On Alfrid I think the transcription of what Doug Adams said is completely wrong. The transcript on screen it says "there are probably reasons for loving that character...etc." but if you listen I think what he actually says I think it's "there are probably reasons for loathing that character, I think you've been made to loathe him". That's what it sounds like to me.

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Mar 29 2015, 1:30pm

Post #10 of 26 (4633 views)
Shortcut
I hope the EE has more Legolas... [In reply to] Can't Post

He seemed to get side-lined a bit in the story. We saw him do a few little stunts here and there, but it was't spectacular enough for me. I would have preferred, when he rode the troll, if the troll was on fire or something. And also, the physics seemed a bit off in some of his scenes, like when the bridge fell down he landed too quickly and didn't even get any back-flips in.

I know they don't usually cut stuff out for the EE. But I think for the sake of the story if they got rid of some of Legolas' boring talking scenes for some more battle shots, it'd help the pacing. Like when they're at Gundabad, instead of talking to Tauriel about whatever it was, he should have taken on the orc army there and fought them all while they marched - just a thought. And I know they're the good guys, but it'd be cool to see him fight an eagle too - also on fire.

Anyway, that's just a few suggestions for the EE. Probably won't happen knowing PJ's over-indulgence with the stupid Thorin sub-plot. But I have my fingers crossed.

Bombadil
Half-elven

Mar 29 2015, 2:37pm

Post #11 of 26 (4597 views)
Shortcut
The video has been removed by Author..? [In reply to] Can't Post

must have too much copywritten material.

www.charlie-art.biz
"What Your Mind can conceive... charlie can achieve"

Estel78
Tol Eressea

Mar 29 2015, 2:57pm

Post #12 of 26 (4589 views)
Shortcut
Ain't you funny. ;) // [In reply to] Can't Post

Estel78
Tol Eressea

Mar 29 2015, 3:01pm

Post #13 of 26 (4574 views)
Shortcut
More Beorn [In reply to] Can't Post

That probably refers to more fighting at TBOTFA and maybe a cameo at the funeral. I doubt that we'll see the whole Beorn at Dol Guldur subplot.

grimbeorn15
Rivendell

Mar 29 2015, 11:54pm

Post #14 of 26 (4394 views)
Shortcut
Uhhhmmmm? [In reply to] Can't Post

Where is this? I'd love to see it?

emre43
Rohan

Mar 30 2015, 6:30am

Post #15 of 26 (4294 views)
Shortcut
I also would really like to see this [In reply to] Can't Post

Can't find it on the internet sadly Frown

Aragorn the Elfstone
Tol Eressea

Mar 30 2015, 6:59am

Post #16 of 26 (4287 views)
Shortcut
Most naysayers would roll their eyes, but I honestly feel that all the Theatrical Editions have been too short... [In reply to] Can't Post

...or, at the very least, there was a poor choice of which things to leave out.

Both AUJ and DoS felt quite unfulfilling to me in their Theatrical incarnations, and I have not felt like I actually saw the real films until the Extended Cuts were released.

Thus, I also feel the same way with BotFA. There were things I enjoyed watching, and to a certain degree I think it's the strongest of the three Theatrical versions. But it's still missing lots of great character moments, connective tissue, plot resolutions, etc.

I enjoyed revisiting the film on Blu-ray, but it's slightly frustrating at the same time because I'm still waiting for the complete film to be released in November. PJ made tough decisions on the editing of the LotR films, but I still felt like he crafted three wonderfully cohesive films that didn't suffer greatly for the exclusions (though they were certainly welcome in the EEs). Here, however, it feels like the Extended Cuts are what we should have been seeing in the first place.

"The danger with any movie that does as well as this one does is that the amount of money it's making and the number of awards that it's got becomes almost more important than the movie itself in people's minds. I look at that as, in a sense, being very much like the Ring, and its effect on people. You know, you can kind of forget what we were doing, if you get too wrapped up in that."
- Viggo Mortensen

PryftanAW
Bree

Mar 30 2015, 9:15am

Post #17 of 26 (4266 views)
Shortcut
Here is a new link [In reply to] Can't Post

https://youtu.be/elEXyQ9KgfA

grimbeorn15
Rivendell

Mar 30 2015, 12:27pm

Post #18 of 26 (4170 views)
Shortcut
Thanks! [In reply to] Can't Post

Pandallo
Rivendell

Mar 30 2015, 3:07pm

Post #19 of 26 (4091 views)
Shortcut
Now that was fantastic! [In reply to] Can't Post

Great work compiling all of that Pryftan! I had no idea that the Beorn capture scenes were filmed! I thought they were just surmised ideas rather than anything actually put to film (like Fili being drowned rather than executed) That does make me feel that we might see a bit more of that. Also the mention of a lovely scene between Dain and Bilbo (who don't speak to eachother at all in the TE) really heartens me.

All in all this is sounding and looking even better than I had originally thought it would be! Again, thank you for your efforts.

Iarhen
The Shire

Mar 30 2015, 3:53pm

Post #20 of 26 (4066 views)
Shortcut
Thank you! [In reply to] Can't Post

That was a fantastic summary of the rumored inclusions...

I would add, however, the entire Galadriel temptation by Sauron at Dol Guldur... Remember how she says that the Necromances wants to sway her to her side, since she is the most powerful entity in M.E. at that time (according to the movie canon), and that she has to summon every particle of her strenght to resist: and in that, we witness the true extempt of Galadriel´s power, that shows that but for ther spirit strenght and finesse, she could be turned to evil.

And, remember, she will speak in Black Speech. That's the single, most awaited moment in the entire EE universe of all LOTR/TH for me! Will she use her nuclear voice? Will she have a similar ring in her voice as the Necromancer?

WILL THE NECROMANCER FIGHT?!?! If so, against whom? Galadriel? The Elven heroes summoned by Nenya? Remember that Benedict said that he had to perform some fighting scenes at Dol Guldur...

"You have no power here, servant of Morgoth! You are nameless! Faceless! Formless! Go back to the Void from whence you came!"

KingTurgon
Rohan

Mar 30 2015, 9:09pm

Post #21 of 26 (3956 views)
Shortcut
I hope for more Saruman (and Elrond) [In reply to] Can't Post

There was more than enough Galadriel in the theatrical cut IMO. Saruman especially should have gotten more focus as he is the leader of the Council (and the Wizards) and Gandalf's long-time friend. Plus it was he who most instrumental in the defeat of the Necromancer in the books.

I like Galadriel, I just think each of the WC should have gotten equal focus. I would have had (at least in the version PJ was going for) just Elrond fight the Nazgul, Galadriel heal and rescue Gandalf, and Saruman cast out Sauron. All at the same time - that way all are contributing and it shows that Sauron and his might cannot be overcome by one person.

Just my 2 cents.

(This post was edited by KingTurgon on Mar 30 2015, 9:13pm)

squiggle
Rivendell

Mar 31 2015, 5:23am

Post #22 of 26 (3849 views)
Shortcut
I would enjoy Alfred being accidentally catapulted in a Monster's mouth if true [In reply to] Can't Post

It would be funny watch him slung through the air like that.

Actually i'd like an extended gag of his semi-demise, but i might just be being mean

Like if the monster turns Green and sickly after swallowing Alfred and collapses, spitting him out again. Then Alfred is covered in monster digestive slim and finds himself surrounded by Orcs who mistake him for one of their own. Then he is caught up in the march to battle or something with the Orcs. In the battle he then gets the help of one of Dain's dwarves, who he immediately double crosses to try and get to safety. Then unfortunately for Alfred, this leads him into the Path of Beorn, as he has scurried away on the Orc side, & Beorn doesn't know he isn't an Orc and Alfred done'st know Beorn isn't a shapeshifter bear, and Beorn mauls him and then stops when hears Alfred crying. Alfred survives the battle but is rendered deaf due to injuries suffered in Beorn's jaws Evil

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Mar 31 2015, 2:46pm

Post #23 of 26 (3734 views)
Shortcut
Don't really care for Alfrid's proposed film-death. [In reply to] Can't Post

The catapult idea just sounds too silly. I liked my idea that originally included the Master of Lake-town (before we found out what becomes of him in the movie). Alfrid flees with his loot and finds himself in the marshes. He encounters a wretched, miserable figure in the fog who approaches him hissing, "Bagginsss. We wantses to find Bagginsss, my Preciousss."

"At the end of the journey, all men think that their youth was Arcadia..." - Phantom F. Harlock

Imladris18
Lorien

Mar 31 2015, 3:13pm

Post #24 of 26 (3729 views)
Shortcut
I know this is obviously sarcasm... [In reply to] Can't Post

But Legolas WAS somewhat side-lined for the majority of the movie. There was the shore scene, the Gundabad scene, and Ravenhill. Yes, he was a major part of Ravenhill, but I hate how everyone acts like he's all over the movie: he's not.

PJ hasn't included any additional Legolas stunts in any previous EE, so I don't expect him to start now.

grimbeorn15
Rivendell

Apr 3 2015, 7:11pm

Post #25 of 26 (3469 views)
Shortcut
Image at 1:03 [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi where did you find the art of Beorn being tortured at 1:03? Very interesting...

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.