The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Hobbit - The Battle of the Five Armies

Gollum1

Mar 28 2015, 2:24am

Post #1 of 5 (1029 views)
Shortcut
Hobbit - The Battle of the Five Armies Can't Post

Can anyone help me?

I've seen "The Unexpected Journey" and "The Desolation of Smaug" in 3D and XFR and have enjoyed them immensely.

Because of medical problems, I cannot view that long of a movie, however we purchased the DVD.

I am going to watch "The Battle of the Five Armies" in "one fell swoop".

After that I am going watch it trying to find Sir Peter's cameos in each one (I haven't found it yet in TUJ); or Stephen Colbert's cameo in TBoFA. Then I'll watch it again, trying to observe little "quirks" the actors may (or not) display because the cast is large.

I started out this post with more questions, but I've forgotten some of them. (I can only type with one finger, so that's my story and I'm sticking to it.)

Thank you for your help.

Mooseboy018
Grey Havens

Mar 28 2015, 2:58am

Post #2 of 5 (996 views)
Shortcut
cameos [In reply to] Can't Post

Stephen Colbert's cameo is in DoS. And PJ's cameo in AUJ is pretty hard to spot unless you know where to look. He has a lot of makeup on and doesn't stay in the shot for very long. His cameo in BotFA is tricky in a different way. I don't want to spoil it for you, but it's different from his other cameos.

lionoferebor
Rohan

Mar 28 2015, 3:46am

Post #3 of 5 (970 views)
Shortcut
Well... [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't want to give it away but here's what I will tell you. PJ's cameo in AUJ occurs very early on in the film - after Smaug sacks Erebor but before Gandalf invites Bilbo to go on an adventure. You probably won't recognize him because of all the makeup. I only figured it out because it was revealed in the special features of the EE.

I'm still looking for PJ's cameo in BOTFA.

Stephen Colbert's cameo in DOS is just as hard to spot. He too looks nothing like himself (at least I thought so). Start watching for him and his sons after Mirkwood, but if you make to Erebor you've gone too far.

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Mar 28 2015, 2:16pm

Post #4 of 5 (781 views)
Shortcut
In BotFA [In reply to] Can't Post

There are differing possibilities made by many, but my belief is he's towards the end of the film. :)

He's very obvious in DOS (near beginning)!

Love Peter's visits!

Hobbit: BotFA Geeky Observation List draft #5 1/30/15

6th draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observations List - November 28, 2013
4th draft of TH:DOS Geeky Observations List - May 15, 2014

sample

"There is more in you of good than you know, child of the kindly West."

I'm SO HAPPY these new films take me back to that magical world!!

TIME Google Calendar
TORn's Geeky Observations Lists for LotR and The Hobbit

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Mar 28 2015, 2:19pm

Post #5 of 5 (781 views)
Shortcut
You've already received some great direction [In reply to] Can't Post

And I'm so happy they you're enjoying the films. :)

You can also watch for Peter's daughter Katy in each film, and son Billy is in BotFA (in Dale).

Check out the Geeky Observation Lists links in my footer if you want to see what we've found... so far :)

Hobbit: BotFA Geeky Observation List draft #5 1/30/15

6th draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observations List - November 28, 2013
4th draft of TH:DOS Geeky Observations List - May 15, 2014

sample

"There is more in you of good than you know, child of the kindly West."

I'm SO HAPPY these new films take me back to that magical world!!

TIME Google Calendar
TORn's Geeky Observations Lists for LotR and The Hobbit

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.