The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Watched last night on blu ray

Jeffrodo
Bree

Mar 27 2015, 11:13am

Post #1 of 8 (1690 views)
Shortcut
Watched last night on blu ray Can't Post

It was great...again! Overall, I had a great experience enjoying BOFA on blu ray for the first time. Such a beautiful looking film. It was fun to really be able to soak in all the attention to detail with the sets and effects. Sure, I'm buying the EE in November...but I see buying this blu ray as another vote of confidence to the studio and filmmakers. It's my small way of saying thanks to the hundreds who toiled for years bringing these great movies to life so I can sit in my chair after a long day and travel to Middle Earth. One last time? I still think we will see more ME movies! But for now this lovely blu ray will tide me over until November! Money well spent!! :)

BlackFox
Half-elven

Mar 27 2015, 1:25pm

Post #2 of 8 (1560 views)
Shortcut
Five more days of waiting for me [In reply to] Can't Post

April really can't come soon enough!

Dwarewien
Rohan

Mar 27 2015, 10:45pm

Post #3 of 8 (1273 views)
Shortcut
I keep putting it off... [In reply to] Can't Post

since I don't want to cry like that again, and since it's been about a month and a half since I last saw BoFA, I know I'm going to be crying bucket loads. Maybe I'll watch North & South instead, since at least it has a happier ending (and a little romance doesn't hurt). I bought the 3D Blu-ray/DVD combo pack on Tuesday, but I still haven't gotten up the nerve to watch it again (I'm not sure if I ever want to see it again, and not because I hate it, but because of the emotions it envokes. Even the ending of AUJ doesn't do that, which is why I list AUJ before BoFA, right after DoS, which is still my favorite of the trilogy, since I could basically live on DoS).Unsure

"Will you follow me... one last time?"

He is a wizard, you know!
The Shire

Mar 27 2015, 10:46pm

Post #4 of 8 (1272 views)
Shortcut
Maybe...... [In reply to] Can't Post

.....if you weren't so obsessed with Thorin...... ;)

"In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit."

"Do you wish me a good morning, or do you mean that it is a good morning whether I want it or not, or that you feel good this morning, or that it is a morning to be good on?"

"Thorin and Company at your service!"

"Stand by the grey stone when the thrush knocks, and the setting sun with the last light of Durin's Day will shine upon the keyhole."

"A box without hinges, key, or lid / Yet golden treasure inside is hid."

"I come from under the hill, and under hills and over hills my path has led. And through the air. I am he that walks unseen."

"My armor is like tenfold shields, my teeth are like swords, my claws spears, the shock from my tail a thunderbolt, my wings a hurricane, and my breath death!"

"If more of us valued your ways - food and cheer above hoarded gold - it would be a merrier world."

"You're a very fine person, Mr. Baggins, and I'm very fond of you, but you're only quite a little fellow in a wide world after all."

tsmith675
Gondor

Mar 27 2015, 11:46pm

Post #5 of 8 (1244 views)
Shortcut
Nice! [In reply to] Can't Post

Smile

Avandel
Half-elven

Mar 29 2015, 8:12pm

Post #6 of 8 (998 views)
Shortcut
Ditto! [In reply to] Can't Post

In a way for me, it was like seeing the film for the first time, thanks to the wonderful quality and clarity of BR. So many things to appreciate, like the very texture of the stones of Erebor.HeartHeartHeartHeartHeart

Money well spent!! :)

LOL I was thinking while watching - NO WAY I wanted to wait for an EE. If folks can afford it - IMO the money I paid didn't come close to the JOY I felt.Smile

And will feel, being able to do my own marathon of sorts.Tongue

Jeffrodo
Bree

Mar 30 2015, 10:37am

Post #7 of 8 (938 views)
Shortcut
Memorizing the blu ray [In reply to] Can't Post

I've watched it twice on blu ray already. Between now and November? Ha, I'll wear out the disc! Probably at least once a month I'll pop it in the player and check it out. And then the cool thing is that I'll know the movie so well that the extended edition scenes will really stand out. I watched Fellowship in the theater and then bought the extended edition. I couldn't remember which scenes were new as I had only seen the film once, and a year earlier!

dormouse
Half-elven

Mar 30 2015, 11:19am

Post #8 of 8 (932 views)
Shortcut
That's exactly how I see it..... [In reply to] Can't Post

Or at least, how I will see it when WB deign to release it here! Wink

I will watch the Theatrical version a lot once I have it, to really get to know it and take in all the details. That makes the extended version so much more exciting - suddenly seeing more of something that you already know and love. I've done that with all the films since the EE of Fellowship, and look forward to it.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.