The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
Downton Abbey *spoilers about what's to come*

Ciars
Rohan

Mar 26 2015, 6:27pm

Post #1 of 4 (545 views)
Shortcut
Downton Abbey *spoilers about what's to come* Can't Post

So the worst secret ever kept has finally been confirmed ITV have confirmed that "There is a time when all shows should end", this Christmas special will be the last of Downton Abbey. Dame Maggie was right. I do think there may be some spin offs as apparently Rose and Edith will be in America as will Tom and possibly Mary. Also: Peter Fincham, ITV's director of television, said the nine-episode sixth series would come to an end with a "concluding special" on Christmas Day.
Speaking to journalists on Thursday, however, the executive producer Neame did not dismiss talk of a potential film spin-off, saying it was "definitely something we're contemplating."

It was a great series, though perhaps a natural end is best rather than dragging it on and on. My favourite story line was the Tom and Sybbie romance, it was great to see how the class lines became blurred and trodden over.

(This post was edited by Ataahua on Mar 26 2015, 6:44pm)

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Mar 26 2015, 6:45pm

Post #2 of 4 (513 views)
Shortcut
I've added a spoilers tag [In reply to] Can't Post

so that people have a choice about whether or not they want to be spoiled.

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

(This post was edited by Ataahua on Mar 26 2015, 6:50pm)

Ciars
Rohan

Mar 26 2015, 6:52pm

Post #3 of 4 (496 views)
Shortcut
Thanks! [In reply to] Can't Post

Apologies. That completely slipped my mind!

dormouse
Half-elven

Mar 26 2015, 7:32pm

Post #4 of 4 (500 views)
Shortcut
Apparently *this is a spoiler* [In reply to] Can't Post

Mrs Patmore is going to have to learn how to use a fridge!! Shocked

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.