It's Tolkien Reading Day! Can't Post

http://www.tolkiensociety.org/...tolkien-reading-day/

Kim
Valinor

Mar 25 2015, 10:14pm

Post #2 of 8 (1074 views)
Shortcut
Excellent [In reply to] Can't Post

I need to fire up my copy of FOTR as we're about to head into book 2.

Also, this was included in the latest email newsletter from ThinkGeek.com:

On March 25 in the year TA 3019, Barad-dûr fell, the One Ring was destroyed, and Sauron was vanquished. This is why we celebrate Tolkien Reading Day on this date each year, to commemorate the victory of good by reading some stories that are also good. But there is another event that occurred on March 25, also in Middle-earth (i.e., New Zealand), which is just as important to our imagination and dance skills: Richard O'Brien (creator of everything Rocky Horror) was born. Because remember, not all who wander are lost... especially when they jump to the left first.

Laugh

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Mar 26 2015, 9:11am

Post #3 of 8 (1036 views)
Shortcut
EVERY DAY is Tolkien Reading Day :D [In reply to] Can't Post

But having this special day is PERFECT!

Thanks for the heads-up!

Hobbit: BotFA Geeky Observation List draft #5 1/30/15

6th draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observations List - November 28, 2013
4th draft of TH:DOS Geeky Observations List - May 15, 2014

sample

"There is more in you of good than you know, child of the kindly West."

I'm SO HAPPY these new films take me back to that magical world!!

TIME Google Calendar
TORn's Geeky Observations Lists for LotR and The Hobbit

BlackFox
Half-elven

Mar 26 2015, 9:51am

Post #4 of 8 (1030 views)
Shortcut
True that! // [In reply to] Can't Post

Brethil
Half-elven

Mar 26 2015, 3:15pm

Post #5 of 8 (1022 views)
Shortcut
Just saw this... [In reply to] Can't Post

...and I have to agree with Gramma - every day is a good day! But its nice to see it have its true 'own' reading day recognized by the Tolkien Society. Thanks for posting the links BF! Cool

Brethil
Half-elven

Mar 26 2015, 3:18pm

Post #6 of 8 (1017 views)
Shortcut
INdeedy. We set off again Sunday evening! (as in, when I get in from work and can post.) [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I need to fire up my copy of FOTR as we're about to head into book 2.

Also, this was included in the latest email newsletter from ThinkGeek.com:

On March 25 in the year TA 3019, Barad-dûr fell, the One Ring was destroyed, and Sauron was vanquished. This is why we celebrate Tolkien Reading Day on this date each year, to commemorate the victory of good by reading some stories that are also good. But there is another event that occurred on March 25, also in Middle-earth (i.e., New Zealand), which is just as important to our imagination and dance skills: Richard O'Brien (creator of everything Rocky Horror) was born. Because remember, not all who wander are lost... especially when they jump to the left first.

And as you posted, its a multiple-geeky kind of day. Especially since so much of O'Brien's masterpiece character may have...I dunno...just maybe...inspired our Thranduil. *cough* Just a bit. Sly

Lissuin
Valinor

Mar 29 2015, 5:39am

Post #7 of 8 (940 views)
Shortcut
Reading Day for Welly-moot, with thanks to Altaira. [In reply to] Can't Post

The Wellington branch of the Tolkien Society meets for Tolkien and coffee at the Embassy Cinema every other month on the last Sunday. Today was the day, so we had decided to devote the meeting to friendship, and Altaira made an unexpected appearance! One of the members had searched online for Tolkien friendship quotes, found her birthday mathom from TORN 2004 and brought them to us. So thank you, Lady Altaira! It was time well spent in an age now long past.
http://tolkientrivia.blogspot.co.nz/...iendship-quotes.html.

BlackFox
Half-elven

Mar 29 2015, 8:52am

Post #8 of 8 (929 views)
Shortcut
How nice! // [In reply to] Can't Post

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.