Shortcut
One one hand, well done technically [In reply to] Can't Post

On the other hand, a wee bit creepy. LaughCrazy

Eruonen
Half-elven

Mar 26 2015, 8:41pm

Post #3 of 7 (510 views)
Shortcut
His one brother, Caleb, looks very similar to him and the other less so. [In reply to] Can't Post

Just think, Christopher Lee, Ian McKellen and the rest would all reside as digital bodies ready for future installments. Who knows, they may be pleased in a way that they carry on in some way.

A little creepy, but I can see the necessity for large budget movies that need insurance just in case somebody dies in production.

I wonder of the Walker brothers will take up acting in future Fast and Furious installments, if there are anymore. I don't think I have seen any of them.

(This post was edited by Eruonen on Mar 26 2015, 8:52pm)

Brethil
Half-elven

Mar 26 2015, 8:48pm

Post #4 of 7 (494 views)
Shortcut
Its true. [In reply to] Can't Post

I wonder if the ending to The Dark Knight might have been more of what was originally scripted (I think they just had to make use of footage they had for the ending) if they had this technology available at the time of the untimely death of Heath Ledger.

(This post was edited by Brethil on Mar 26 2015, 8:49pm)

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Mar 28 2015, 3:29pm

Post #5 of 7 (442 views)
Shortcut
What I've noticed... [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm about as familiar with the FF movies to date as many here are with LOTR. Though I have no proof, part of their strategy seems to be to use the CG Walker in promotional images, posters, and the latest trailer. It's to get the audience used to the slightly different-looking Walker ahead of the film release I think.

That aside, I'm glad they were able to complete FF7. James Wan is one of my favourite directors and the WETA tie-in is super cool as they are very capable. Still, I'm hoping they lay Brian O'Connor to rest if the franchise continues.

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Mar 28 2015, 3:44pm

Post #6 of 7 (442 views)
Shortcut
The Middle-earth tie-in: [In reply to] Can't Post

During the DOS press tour, shortly after Walker's death, at one point Richard Armitage mentioned his untimely death, and said he had been "in talks" to work in a movie with him.

And hadn't Luke Evans appeared in one of the FF movies, the previous one I think?

That must have been tough for them...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Mar 28 2015, 8:20pm

Post #7 of 7 (435 views)
Shortcut
Yes, Luke Evans [In reply to] Can't Post

He was the main protagonist in FF6 which was released in the spring of the year DOS premiered (2013). So he must have worked on both films around the same time. Fine actor our Luke...

(This post was edited by SirDennisC on Mar 28 2015, 8:27pm)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.