Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Petition: Release 'The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies' DLC for 'Lego: The Hobbit'

Númenórean
The Shire

Mar 24 2015, 2:46pm

Post #1 of 4 (1156 views)
Shortcut
Petition: Release 'The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies' DLC for 'Lego: The Hobbit' Can't Post

https://www.change.org/p/warner-bros-interactive-entertainment-release-the-hobbit-the-battle-of-the-five-armies-dlc-for-lego-the-hobbit-the-videogame

Greetings all.

On the 8th of April, 2014, a video-game based on Peter Jackson's "The Hobbit" film trilogy titled 'Lego: The Hobbit' was released for PC, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Nintendo WiiU, PlayStation Vita, and Nintendo 3DS. Upon release, the game only covers the first two films in the film trilogy (An Unexpected Journey and The Desolation of Smaug). It was announced that the then upcoming third film, The Battle of the Five Armies would be released as a DLC expansion.

On the 13th March, 2015, it was revealed via an article published on Gamespot, that this expansion/DLC content is no longer planned. (Source: http://www.gamespot.com/...rmies-/1100-6425900/ )

This is a call for action to Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. As of right now, Lego: The Hobbit is an incomplete game. It ends on the same cliffhanger as The Desolation of Smaug; the protagonist, Bilbo Baggins, witnessing Smaug travelling to Laketown for destructive revenge. In layman's terms, the game is unfinished. This is an incredibly disappointing move, as it means major fans of The Hobbit (both the novel and the film series) are unable to witness the conclusion to a product that was sold to them nearly a year ago with suggestions that this content would be eventually released. Come on Warner Bros. - finish your game, and come clean.

UPDATE: It has been drawn to my attention that the cause for the cancelled content may be as a result of the current legal complications between Warner Bros. and the Tolkien Estate. If this is the case, then this petition also asks for the Tolkien Estate to potentially come to an arrangement with Warner Bros. that will allow the planned content to be completed and released.

(This post was edited by Númenórean on Mar 24 2015, 2:48pm)

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Mar 24 2015, 3:09pm

Post #2 of 4 (1117 views)
Shortcut
Working link: [In reply to] Can't Post

Above link isn't working for me

https://www.change.org/...-the-five-armies-dlc

(This post was edited by QuackingTroll on Mar 24 2015, 3:09pm)

tsmith675
Gondor

Mar 24 2015, 3:43pm

Post #3 of 4 (1092 views)
Shortcut
Signed [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I really want them to finish the game. I wouldn't have bought the game had I known then that they were never going to finish it.

Elessar
Valinor

Mar 24 2015, 6:30pm

Post #4 of 4 (1004 views)
Shortcut
I wondered what was taking so darn long. [In reply to] Can't Post

Unsure

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.