Half-elven

Mar 24 2015, 7:32am

Post #1 of 8 (973 views)
Shortcut
This "Burgler" business..? Can't Post

Poor Bilbo
"I've never STOLEN anything in MYLife"

{Talk about being "THROWN under the BUS"}

MASS Quantities of Gold, he needs to find ONE Jewel?

Mission Impossible

bomby died a thousand DEATHzz watching Martin..
.CrazyCrazyCrazyCrazyCrazyCrazyCrazy

www.charlie-art.biz
"What Your Mind can conceive... charlie can achieve"

Bombadil
Half-elven

Mar 24 2015, 7:47am

Post #2 of 8 (922 views)
Shortcut
Gollum was jus' a "Warm UP Act" [In reply to] Can't Post

So Bilbo could be Riddlein'
with Smaug..

MARTIN/BILBO couldn't
have been MORE Perfect

www.charlie-art.biz

Bombadil
Half-elven

Mar 24 2015, 7:58am

Post #3 of 8 (918 views)
Shortcut
A Bilbo Appreciation Thread..? [In reply to] Can't Post

we seem to be talking ANYTHING but Bilbo?

Rock your feeling towards that littl' hero

www.charlie-art.biz

marary
Lorien

Mar 24 2015, 11:09am

Post #4 of 8 (881 views)
Shortcut
Bilbo's challenges [In reply to] Can't Post

Thorin is a hero with a sword. Bilbo is a hero with his words. In order:

1) He talks the company's way out of being troll stew

2) The game of riddles with Gollum

3) He comes up with an escape plan from Mirkwood

4) He stalls Smaug with flattery until he can get the arkenstone and run away

5) He negotiates using the arkenstone on behalf of his mad friend Thorin

Bilbo always uses words and wit. That's why he's awesome. Most people who didn't like these movies still loved Martin as Bilbo. Smile

Sometimes we forget about our little hobbit with all of these dashing dwarves running around.

Bombadil
Half-elven

Mar 24 2015, 1:46pm

Post #5 of 8 (823 views)
Shortcut
Did anyone get a Final "Nose Twich" count..? [In reply to] Can't Post

Best guess is about 8 times.

The Final one is sorta a "Half-Twich" sitting
next to Gandalf silently on the Frozen river.

Maybe someone could edit them all together?
Could be Martin's signature Acting moment,
and quite funny to see.

www.charlie-art.biz

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Mar 24 2015, 2:05pm

Post #6 of 8 (814 views)
Shortcut
Bilbo the Warrior [In reply to] Can't Post

Bilbo is a warrior of words indeed! Most of the times when Bilbo uses Sting for violence he is horrified by what he has done.

"At the end of the journey, all men think that their youth was Arcadia..." - Phantom F. Harlock

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Mar 24 2015, 4:32pm

Post #7 of 8 (777 views)
Shortcut
Martin v Richard or, in praise of Martin [In reply to] Can't Post

Well I hate these "vs" things but you're right, there's quite a number of us fangirls so enthralled with Thorin that Bilbo gets overlooked. At least some of that is Richard Armitage's fault, he is attractive, talented and charismatic, and REALLY did a fine job of bringing Thorin to life. But yeah, PJ and PB were right, NO ONE but Martin Freeman could have pulled off Bilbo. I've said before that, being in the USA and completely unfamiliar with either actor before AUJ, the first time I saw Martin's picture I said "yeah, that's definitely Bilbo!" And his acting does get overlooked as well, which it shouldn't. That scene with Smaug, not only was Martin reacting in sheer terror to something that wasn't there, but they hadn't even finished designing Smaug yet! I've recently watched the behind-the-scenes stuff on that, and he just went through so many variations on what he was supposed to be doing, you'd almost think he was making it up as he went along, but they were all great! He said in an interview that part of it is he doesn't want to get bored, or for the people watching him to get bored, but also that he wants to try out every possible variation to see which one is best. So I definitely think Martin was the best Actor in DOS, even if I give Richard that award in BOT5A.

And speaking of BOT5A, that look on Martin's face during Fili's execution, total devastation! And then he turns and draws his sword, absolutely the wrong guy for the job and he knows it, but at that moment it doesn't matter, he's going to follow Thorin anyway. At least that's what I see when I watch that scene. Sorry, I can't talk about that death scene, I'll just get teary-eyed, so let's jump to Bag End and his perfectly summed up "He was...my friend." Four words, perfect delivery. I believe that, even though some complain that these movies were too crammed with OTT action, that the quieter moments of conversation between two actors is what sets this apart from "Transformers" and "Godzilla," and even "The Avengers," which I loved very much. I think the Hobbit trilogy was very different from those other action movies BECAUSE of those moments of two (brilliant) actors just talking to each other, whether it's Thorin v. Thranduil or Bilbo v Gollum, or Smaug, or Gandalf, or Thorin. Oh yes, the betrayal scene with my favorite line from BOT5A - "I may be a burglar, but I'd like to think I'm an honest one." Nailed it!

Some time ago I posted a poll on The Pollantir rating the Hobbit actors, with both Richard and Martin in the running for Best Actor. You'll be pleased to know that last I checked, Martin was in 1st place (sorry, Richard, better luck at the Oliver awards!).

Why yes, I DO look like Anna Friel!

Bombadil
Half-elven

Mar 24 2015, 5:43pm

Post #8 of 8 (752 views)
Shortcut
The Least Likely Hero [In reply to] Can't Post

Un-Expected Greatness from the Tiniest Hero?

against the LARGEST &WEALTHY-IEST VILLIAN

The Parameters of this Conflict SSOoo..Vast
it's Mind-Blowing..

www.charlie-art.biz

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.