Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
24 hours (more or less) and then, BOFA in glorious Blu-ray....
First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Avandel
Half-elven

Mar 23 2015, 4:28pm

Post #1 of 57 (2673 views)
Shortcut
24 hours (more or less) and then, BOFA in glorious Blu-ray.... Can't Post

will be mine, all mine.....hours of hungrily staring in rapt fascination at frames that went by too fast in theaters (perhaps only interrupted to see what's up on this week's episode of Vikings Cool)

(Tho I don't remember THIS scene?????Shocked)

Smaug IMO is worth the price alone!HeartHeartHeart

One of many FAVORITE moments!Heart

Madness and beauty - also worth the price aloneTongueHeart

Yep - frame by frame - gotta love the pause button on the remote HeartHeartHeart

I know many look ahead, look for the EE, but in the meantime I have hours of study ahead.
At least until GOT begins.Angelic

Elessar
Valinor

Mar 23 2015, 4:35pm

Post #2 of 57 (2483 views)
Shortcut
Looking forward to seeing this again. [In reply to] Can't Post

I will wait for the EE to do a trilogy showing but it will happen.

Funny enough my Dad saw a tv trailer for this and told me he thinks this is his favorite Middle-earth film.

dormouse
Half-elven

Mar 23 2015, 5:00pm

Post #3 of 57 (2465 views)
Shortcut
I am SO jealous..... [In reply to] Can't Post

We have to wait a whole month more for the DVD/ BluRay release here and I'm longing to see it again.

I'm not desperate to have the EE yet either. I want time to get to know the theatrical version first - really get to know it, so that when the EE comes along the new scenes will be all the more exciting because the rest will be so familiar.

lionoferebor
Rohan

Mar 23 2015, 5:06pm

Post #4 of 57 (2455 views)
Shortcut
Let flood gates open... [In reply to] Can't Post

Now that we will all have access to our own copies with the ability to pause frame by frame I foresee some analytical conversations on the horizon.

Also the scene of Bilbo and Balin - the one you don't recall - I don't remember it either. Crazy And by the look on Bilbo's face, I'm guessing someone said a few choice words before leaving the room. Thorin, possibly?

Goldeneye
Lorien

Mar 23 2015, 5:19pm

Post #5 of 57 (2437 views)
Shortcut
Oh yes! [In reply to] Can't Post

I am eagerly waiting for the Bluray release as well. My editing software is chomping at the bit, heh.

Goldeneye
Lorien

Mar 23 2015, 5:21pm

Post #6 of 57 (2445 views)
Shortcut
dormouse [In reply to] Can't Post

Can you order from Amazon/Ebay and have it shipped internationally? Or are they still locking disc copies by Region?

AshNazg
Gondor

Mar 23 2015, 5:41pm

Post #7 of 57 (2423 views)
Shortcut
I can confirm that WB Blu-rays are not region restricted [In reply to] Can't Post

I've done this before, it works perfectly fine and it's perfectly legal to have Blu-rays internationally shipped before release.

The only legal restriction is that the Blu-ray must be used privately and is not sold on before local release. Smile

Avandel
Half-elven

Mar 23 2015, 5:49pm

Post #8 of 57 (2418 views)
Shortcut
*!Embarrassed!* - I thought it was a GLOBAL release! [In reply to] Can't Post

Many apologies to all outside-U.S. folksFrownBlush! Never crossed my mind that the disks wouldn't be released all on the same day - even crossed my mind that England would be HOURS ahead of us tomorrow in being able to pick up the disks, and I was thinking that Europe would have pretty disk art and so on.Unsure

Because the digital release was global? yes? and I figured worldwide, the downloaders already have a copy.

I'm sorry Dormouse - I was just HAPPY and that's rottenFrown. I wasn't trying to rub salt in, just didn't know. And it's bad enough the digital version goes out weeks early (as has been posted before) never mind varying disk release datesMad.

The only thing I can think of, is perhaps Europe does have a different production schedule and will have better artwork, and specialty releases re cases and so on. The U.S. doesn't seem to be offering much in that regard - just the steelbook and the Target set w. the Legos. *Frown* I know companies don't care, I guess, except the money they make off us, but wish they would at least try to remember (since they are making money off fans) that a global community wants to be able to share stuff together.

Or are companies just outdated in not realizing folks 'round the world are TALKING to each other?

Avandel
Half-elven

Mar 23 2015, 6:24pm

Post #9 of 57 (2382 views)
Shortcut
and also costume and weapons drooling, for me [In reply to] Can't Post

Tho I guess many have the BOFA WETA book already w. some conceptual designs.

I think WETA outdid themselves w. the dwarf costumes - and Thranduil, of course.TongueHeart

Dwarves well prepared for a mountain hike! Every little detailHeartHeartHeart

HeartHeartHeart

Elven badassery.....

Dwarven badassery Cool

PS - Agree the look on Bilbo's face - probably Thorin has said or done something???? Hope we get the scene in the EE!

dormouse
Half-elven

Mar 23 2015, 6:35pm

Post #10 of 57 (2370 views)
Shortcut
DVDs are by region - we need region 2 here and the US is 1... [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't know about BluRay - another poster says they're region free, I didn't know that.

dormouse
Half-elven

Mar 23 2015, 6:39pm

Post #11 of 57 (2360 views)
Shortcut
That's OK, no worries.... [In reply to] Can't Post

It certainly isn't your fault they mess us about like this with release dates!

I shall sit here quietly and enjoy your enthusiasm for a few weeks more.. Smile Our take AshNazg's word for it and order BluRay from the US....

Lovely stills, BTW!

Ilmatar
Rohan

Mar 23 2015, 6:39pm

Post #12 of 57 (2359 views)
Shortcut
Good point [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm not desperate to have the EE yet either. I want time to get to know the theatrical version first - really get to know it, so that when the EE comes along the new scenes will be all the more exciting because the rest will be so familiar.

I have always (since LotR) waited for the EEs, but that's a valid point you make (especially since it was BO5A, after all, that did funny things to my brain and changed me from a regular fan into a slightly obsessed, talkative, forum-joining, TORn-hooked, PM-sending, frame-analyzing, fangirling, fanfic-reading, more than before art-appreciating and overall different creature Tongue) - it might be a bit more challenging to wait for the EE in this case.

I might actually have to buy the TE...! To help the waiting AND to get really familiar with it for the reason you mention Smile and to be able to keep up with threads here.

Kim
Valinor

Mar 23 2015, 6:42pm

Post #13 of 57 (2353 views)
Shortcut
Yay! [In reply to] Can't Post

BR has shipped, calendar is cleared, tissues are ready - bring on Tuesday!

#OneLastTime

balbo biggins
Rohan

Mar 23 2015, 7:02pm

Post #14 of 57 (2339 views)
Shortcut
EE [In reply to] Can't Post

patiently waiting for the EE, no rush. in fact its more to do with just making my bluray shelf look finished than eagerly waiting to see the film. is that bad lol

Riven Delve
Tol Eressea

Mar 23 2015, 7:27pm

Post #15 of 57 (2316 views)
Shortcut
*eagerly awaits Avendel's first post-DVD-release image-larded post* [In reply to] Can't Post

Heck, you're doing great, Avendel, and it hasn't even been released yet! Laugh

“Tollers,” Lewis said to Tolkien, “there is too little of what we really like in stories. I am afraid we shall have to try and write some ourselves.”

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Mar 23 2015, 9:32pm

Post #16 of 57 (2228 views)
Shortcut
Not necessarily... [In reply to] Can't Post

I live in the USA, and bought Richard Armitage's "Strike Back" Blue Ray, thinking it would be "region-free," BUT our Sony Blue-Ray won't play it - I have to play it on a computer or our Visio Blue-Ray (yeah, we got two tvs so two players were essential, LOL!). I know I had a really hard time getting "Vicar of Dibley" in a format that would play in the USA -- had to send it back & get another one, think I did have to get Blue Ray on that one. All I'm saying is, be careful! And yeah, I'm an RA fan, big surprise there!EvilHeart

I mean, who isn't???

Why yes, I DO look like Anna Friel!

Dwarewien
Rohan

Mar 23 2015, 9:47pm

Post #17 of 57 (2220 views)
Shortcut
Heading to Walmart tomorrow... [In reply to] Can't Post

since the 3D boxed set is way beyond my price range online, so I'll see if they carry it in stores, since the boxed set for the regular editions at Walmart is about $60.00, whereas online it would cost me in between $100.00 and $150.00. Ouch!

If I can't find the boxed set (since the 3D boxed set has limited copies), I'll either buy the 3D (or 2D) combo pack. Unlike the other two movies, I've only seen BoFA in theaters six times (though it would have been eight if I wouldn't have skipped those two weeks I could have gone, which would have tied it with TT), so it will be nice to see it again (even if I'm an emotional wreck afterwards. Bloody Azog! I'd like to go into the movie and kill him myself, though I doubt if Thorin would let me, but at least I'd be doing something and wouldn't feel so helpless).

Just like all the other Middle-earth movies, I'm buying both the theatrical and extended edition of the film (why wait), since you can never have too much Thorin, and I'm secretly dreading the funeral scene in the EE, since that's going to make me cry even worse. What happens in the TE is bad enough, so I wish they would have left that out entirely.Unsure

"Will you follow me... one last time?"

TheHutt
Gondor

Mar 23 2015, 10:52pm

Post #18 of 57 (2179 views)
Shortcut
It's a shame... [In reply to] Can't Post

...given that the US theatrical release was a week LATER than Europe, to give them the DVD/BluRay a whole MONTH earlier.

New Line used to nail the worldwide releases with LOTR. Warner, with their endless incompetence, are not worthy to step in their shoes.

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Booklet - Custom Booklet Project

Bombadil
Half-elven

Mar 23 2015, 10:52pm

Post #19 of 57 (2161 views)
Shortcut
AVA..you Tease!..Now itzz a Race..Shame///.. [In reply to] Can't Post

www.charlie-art.biz
"What Your Mind can conceive... charlie can achieve"

Bombadil
Half-elven

Mar 23 2015, 10:53pm

Post #20 of 57 (2158 views)
Shortcut
AGREED, Hutt/// [In reply to] Can't Post

www.charlie-art.biz
"What Your Mind can conceive... charlie can achieve"

Avandel
Half-elven

Mar 24 2015, 1:52am

Post #21 of 57 (2114 views)
Shortcut
*bows* - I am being a BURGLAR tho LOL [In reply to] Can't Post

Borrowing other folks' images, for now, a lot of the timeUnsure. It's no easy thing, capturing the nuances of great moments in hair actingLaugh - and as we know, both Thranduil and Thorin
have jaw-dropping sequences of FLOWING LOCKS in BOFALaugh.

As well as #Majesty.

This is the reason memory foam and carpeting were invented, so when you hit the floor the bruising isn't so bad.TongueWinkLaugh

tsmith675
Gondor

Mar 24 2015, 2:16am

Post #22 of 57 (2102 views)
Shortcut
I see it as evening out [In reply to] Can't Post

Europe gets to see it first in theaters, we get to see it first on Bluray Wink

smtfhw
Lorien

Mar 24 2015, 4:56am

Post #23 of 57 (2054 views)
Shortcut
Nope... [In reply to] Can't Post

Because the digital release was global? yes? and I figured worldwide, the downloaders already have a copy.

No... it's not available here in the UK yet to my massive frustration.

smtfhw
Lorien

Mar 24 2015, 5:06am

Post #24 of 57 (2051 views)
Shortcut
I've Considered Ordering from the USA [In reply to] Can't Post

But the cost of postage means that either I pay as much again as the DVD costs for postage to have it arrive next week or I wait between 18 and 32 working days for it - so I might as well bite the bullet and wait for the UK release on APRIL 20TH (thank you very much Warner Brothers!)

smtfhw
Lorien

Mar 24 2015, 5:08am

Post #25 of 57 (2048 views)
Shortcut
Blue Rays [In reply to] Can't Post

Are almost always Region free - which is why I bough the last two EEs from the US as they had the extra goodies that we didn't get here in the UK.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.