Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: The Pollantir:
What's your favorite time(s) of the year?
First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All
Poll: What's your favorite time(s) of the year?
Winter
Spring
Summer
Fall
A particular Holiday season?
A particular tradition?
Your birthday!
Other. Share with the group. ;-)
View Results (79 votes)

Brethil
Half-elven

Mar 31 2015, 11:51pm

Post #51 of 61 (3472 views)
Shortcut
Garden! YES! You and me both! [In reply to] Can't Post

I just put in a new dormant tree and am in the market for one more but I want to see AWAKE plants soon!

Hope its soon for all of us gardeners (mudpuppies?... Dirt wizards...?)Laugh

sevilodorf
Tol Eressea

Apr 2 2015, 3:37am

Post #52 of 61 (3460 views)
Shortcut
summer -- when I have access to a pool// [In reply to] Can't Post

Brethil
Half-elven

Apr 2 2015, 4:00pm

Post #53 of 61 (3455 views)
Shortcut
Yes. Oh yes. A pool in summer = heaven. // [In reply to] Can't Post

Kirly
Lorien

Apr 4 2015, 6:27pm

Post #54 of 61 (3447 views)
Shortcut
I selected other [In reply to] Can't Post

Because I love all the seasons. Even though many would say, quite reasonably too, that we have no seasons here in the glorious Sonoran Desert.

I love summer. It's hot. Our record was 122F. I have to admit that I love summer even more with my pool. The hills are covered with yellow flowers for a while and then that dusy, desert sage green color. Later, after it's been hot a while, all the purple flowers start. And the magnificent bougainvilla and Mexican bird of paradise last most of the year.

I love fall. It's still warm, ok, hot. But the nights start to cool down so you can live without the AC again. You can be out in the mornings and evenings and hike and watch the most beautiful sunrises and sunsets.

I love winter. It does get cold, for here, but it doesn't last that long. You can be outside nearly any time of day. Rarely need to heat the house except for a few weeks sometime between December and February.

I love spring. The desert willows bloom a beautiful flower with maroons, pinks, whites. And the perfume smell is among the most beautiful things I've ever smelled.

I love it here in Arizona. If you don't like the weather in one place, it's just a few hours drive to another ecosystem.

Brethil
Half-elven

Apr 5 2015, 12:37am

Post #55 of 61 (3434 views)
Shortcut
That sounds marvelous Kirly. [In reply to] Can't Post

I like the length and timing of your winter season. That's just enough for me. Wink

swordwhale
Tol Eressea

Apr 20 2015, 3:53am

Post #56 of 61 (3346 views)
Shortcut
gratuitous piratey language..... [In reply to] Can't Post

LaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh

also: conversing like a mariner

(your earworm for the day: Olaf the Snowman from Frozen singing IN THE SUMMMMMERRRRRR!)

I get awful SAD in winter, though the dogs drag me out kicking and screaming on the trails... so I do have a winter sport, and sunlight helps.

I hate fall, I've always hated fall, it meant school and I was a great student but I loathed school with a passion one cannot fathom and had schoolbus nightmares for decades after... everythig dies in fall, bleah, bleargh, blurgh, bah humbug.

And I have to pack up the kayak and I hate fall...

Oh, but I can run the dogs again...

Spring has mostly been a mudfest around here all my life, so I just hold my breath and waiT for SUMMER!!!!!!!!!

I can kayak, and get in the water, and maybe get to the sea.

SUMMMMMMMERRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!

But the dogs are miserable.... at least they have pools...

Brethil
Half-elven

Apr 20 2015, 8:42pm

Post #57 of 61 (3322 views)
Shortcut
I feel ya, sister!!!!!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To

SUMMMMMMMERRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!

Water, green growing everywhere, light til 8pm to garden and walk...hooo yeah.

Poor doggies. They have kiddie pools for their own? And as an old groomer I MUST ask: do you own a force dryer? Because UNDERCOAT.Shocked Woof.

swordwhale
Tol Eressea

Apr 21 2015, 1:29am

Post #58 of 61 (3310 views)
Shortcut
the cool thing about Siberians [In reply to] Can't Post

is they are actually low maintenance. Drip dry. And not stinky like oily coated dogs. Also seem to not have the water in the ear issues like some floppy eared dogs.

Yup, own kiddie pools (well, one is a sheep trough).

I saw a border collie at work at a herding clinic, and every couple of minutes she'd dive into the sheep troughs.

The Sibes vary on their liking of water: mine are happy to wade in the pool... swimming in the local lakes, not so much.

When they don't have a ridiculous wooly or long haired coat, it takes care of itself (except when they're blowing coat, that's when you can knit an entire new team from the fuzzballs)...

Súleth
The Shire

Apr 25 2015, 8:40pm

Post #59 of 61 (3265 views)
Shortcut
Spring! [In reply to] Can't Post

Not too hot, not too cold. And everything blossoms. Smile

Brethil
Half-elven

Apr 26 2015, 1:05am

Post #60 of 61 (3259 views)
Shortcut
Agreed - when its not as cold as THIS spring, here anyways. [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Spring! Not too hot, not too cold. And everything blossoms. Smile

I want to snap some more pictures around the homestead and post all about spring blossoms next week.

Súleth
The Shire

Apr 26 2015, 6:43pm

Post #61 of 61 (3238 views)
Shortcut
It's not too bad 'round here. [In reply to] Can't Post

Though it's been raining quite a lot. But then, it's always raining in Bielefeld. Or so it would seem.

And spring's not over yet. So, one can still hope. Wink

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.