Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
The Extended Edition ? What will you WANT to see..
First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Bombadil
Half-elven

Mar 22 2015, 2:32pm

Post #1 of 52 (2591 views)
Shortcut
The Extended Edition ? What will you WANT to see.. Can't Post

Seems that since PJ has a
LOT of time to Craft this..

Many here have desires for extras that COULD be
Spectacular

Weta Digital is likely coming up with THINGIES
that were jus' TOO Complicated for the First Release...

Think about it...Write about it...Share it
with your friends...
But "Play Nice".

{..since he may have a Spy here..}

www.charlie-art.biz
"What Your Mind can conceive... charlie can achieve"

Bombadil
Half-elven

Mar 22 2015, 2:54pm

Post #2 of 52 (2433 views)
Shortcut
KickSTARTER..? [In reply to] Can't Post

More Beorn...Being REALLY Badass...
In "Severe REVENGE Mode"..

RUTHLESSLY WIPE-ing
the Battle Floor
with BLACK ORC Blood...

God, Bomby LOVES the Letter "B"
Crazy

www.charlie-art.biz

Avandel
Half-elven

Mar 22 2015, 4:34pm

Post #3 of 52 (2360 views)
Shortcut
how about? [In reply to] Can't Post

Aside from the frequently mentioned more dwarves! more Beorn!

- solving the mystery of how the moat? around Erebor seems to inexplicably go from low to high? Hadn't even noticed the water level until a TORn post mentioned in, but with the BR coming out, LOL I can't STOP noticing it....Laugh

- the war cart + battle goatsHeart

- hopefully more gorgeous shots of Thranduil fighting.HeartHeart

- putting back whatever was cut re maintaining the PG rating - I am sure it wasn't that bad anyway re the ratings folksCrazy

- less Alfrid - tho I love Ryan Gage in this part, and love that the part was expanded - but still, I think there are a couple places - including where Thorin is fighting Azog, and then there is this blip of Legolas calling for Tauriel, and then back to the fight - where either outright deletions or editing smoothing needs to be done IMO.Unsure

Tho again, that may be the result of the purported "having to cut so much to keep the rating".

- that the funeral is about dwarves mostly, without a huge focus on elvesUnimpressed. Not that this will ever be my "top" scene but there were terrific, thoughtful responses when I asked why this was important to many: http://newboards.theonering.net/...ring=funeral;#827771

It would be nice for me if the magnificent concept art I saw an image of - of the two great statuesHeart supporting the Durins - was actually carried out. That the Durins were given that respect.

- lots of juicy details in Appendices, tho like the DOS Bombur/barrel making-of, I think I may never watch how Thorin/Azog was done, at least not for a long while (tho images are already leaking).

Re Richard Armitage's comments it almost feels intrusive, for meUnsure, and also I think I would rather just keep the magnificent vision of the film. Some things I just don't want to know, really, even if "it's just a movie". Because it's not just a movie IMO.

But costume details!HeartHeartHeart

AshNazg
Gondor

Mar 22 2015, 5:23pm

Post #4 of 52 (2332 views)
Shortcut
I wish the ratings were ignored for the EE... [In reply to] Can't Post

I want to see the Great Goblin look through his spilled guts and say "I don't remember eating that" Laugh The "That'll do it" doesn't sit right with me.

Surely more people would buy it out of curiosity if they gave all the EEs higher age restrictions?

(This post was edited by AshNazg on Mar 22 2015, 5:24pm)

Mooseboy018
Grey Havens

Mar 22 2015, 5:47pm

Post #5 of 52 (2303 views)
Shortcut
BOFUR [In reply to] Can't Post

If the seen with Bilbo and Bofur (before Bilbo gives away the Arkenstone) isn't put back in, I'm going to be very upset. More Bofur in general would be great.

Thrain II
Lorien

Mar 22 2015, 6:40pm

Post #6 of 52 (2253 views)
Shortcut
Most important [In reply to] Can't Post

things are the resolutions that are missing from the TE, which can be done mostly by adding the funeral scene. Then of course more dwarves and Beorn in the battle (sorry Avandel Tongue), more Dol Guldur stuff, more Dain, and NO more elves and Alfrid!

lionoferebor
Rohan

Mar 22 2015, 7:05pm

Post #7 of 52 (2238 views)
Shortcut
My wish list... [In reply to] Can't Post

1. More of Smaug destroying Laketown. It was great in the TE and for me a very emotional part part of the film, but I would like to see a little more of the great Smaug in all his glory before he falls.

2. A brief snippet of Thorin showing his nephews around Erebor.

3. Also, in the scene where Thorin is holding the white gems of Lasgalen he speaks to someone off-screen. I would like to know who that someone is.

4. What happen to Dwalin at Ravenhill? I hope this doesn't go unanswered like the mystery of how Fili and Kili lost the ponies. Unsure

5. The missing scene with Bilbo and Bofur

6. The missing scene with Bilbo and Fili

7. I know it's been said a million times before but more Dwarves and more Beorn.

8. The funeral scene...I need closure.

9. This was probably never thought of - let alone filmed - but I would love a scene where Dis learns of the fate of her brother and sons. I've always thought one of the saddest things about the story is that it would've been weeks, possibly months, before she knew the truth.

10. That PJ will ignore the rating and give us all the nitty-gritty.

Eruonen
Half-elven

Mar 22 2015, 7:10pm

Post #8 of 52 (2226 views)
Shortcut
How about some addl EE pick up shooting! ;) [In reply to] Can't Post

Mooseboy018
Grey Havens

Mar 22 2015, 8:23pm

Post #9 of 52 (2170 views)
Shortcut
Bilbo and Fili [In reply to] Can't Post

Do we know anything about the Bilbo and Fili scene?

marary
Lorien

Mar 22 2015, 8:52pm

Post #10 of 52 (2148 views)
Shortcut
Fili fever! [In reply to] Can't Post

A few good lines/shots/scenes to round out Fili's character arc. Any hint of what's going on between Thorin and Fili in Erebor would be amazing!

What Dwalin was up to while Thorin and Kili faced many foes (almost) alone.

We know where Legolas goes next... but what about Tauriel? I needed to know where she goes next if not back to Mirkwood!

More Bofur! He can do whatever he wants, just give him scenes.

Would be so happy for more any more Thorin/Fili/Kili goodness, since the Durin family is my favorite thing about the Hobbit films. Heart I like the idea of Thorin showing his nephews around Erebor.

Maybe there's more to the Lake-town dwarves on the shore after Smaug's attack. A little more to show the reason rush to get out of the Lake-town refugee camp. And how were they able to comandeer that boat that wasn't theirs?

Coronations of Bard and Dain and addressing the resettlement of Dale and Erebor with a friendship and alliance. ;) Good setup for the war of the ring- it's a powerful story, one of my favorites, what happens to these two kingdoms in the big war, even if it's only appendices! I would love to see the setup for this.

So... did the men of Lake-town and Dale ever get their money? Crazy Would like to see that loose-end tied up.

lionoferebor
Rohan

Mar 22 2015, 8:56pm

Post #11 of 52 (2141 views)
Shortcut
Nothing for certain... [In reply to] Can't Post

at least nothing certain that I've heard. There is speculation Fili may his concerns for his uncle with Bilbo. Considering how troubled he looks when he first sees Thorin upon arriving at Erebor this would make sense. Also it would seem fitting that at least one of Thorin's nephews (the two who are supposedly the closet to him) openly speak of their concern, as in the TE neither really does.

lionoferebor
Rohan

Mar 22 2015, 9:12pm

Post #12 of 52 (2131 views)
Shortcut
The rush [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
More Bofur! He can do whatever he wants, just give him scenes.

More Bofur and his warm smile is always good.

In Reply To
Maybe there's more to the Lake-town dwarves on the shore after Smaug's attack. A little more to show the reason rush to get out of the Lake-town refugee camp. And how were they able to comandeer that boat that wasn't theirs?

This is my guess, I think the big rush to leave camp was (1) fear they would be held responsible for their kin sending Smaug from the Mountain and (2) more important, to check on the Company. At that point the Lake-town four have no clue if their family and friends are living or dead.

lionoferebor
Rohan

Mar 22 2015, 9:19pm

Post #13 of 52 (2122 views)
Shortcut
Loss of time [In reply to] Can't Post

Another thing to add to my list, the loss of time from evacuating Lake-town to refugee camp on the shores. Unless I'm interpreting it wrong, it seems as if Smaug attacks Lake-town in the middle of the night, hours before day break. When the scene opens on the shore it's the following morning. The people did have a distance to travel before reaching the shore but it didn't appear to be that far to loose much time.

marary
Lorien

Mar 22 2015, 9:20pm

Post #14 of 52 (2124 views)
Shortcut
spot on! [In reply to] Can't Post

This is my guess, I think the big rush to leave camp was (1) fear they would be held responsible for their kin sending Smaug from the Mountain and (2) more important, to check on the Company. At that point the Lake-town four have no clue if their family and friends are living or dead.

I 100% agree. I think they could feel a riot was a-brewin', and the angry men have a bone to pick with dragon-waking dwarves. And they got out just in time... the crowd took out their anger on Alfrid instead. Imagine if the dwarves had stuck around!

Would love to see Bofur smooth talking his way into commandeering that boat. Or something. This potential scene is an opportunity for either Bofur or Fili to shine, so it's a scene I want to see!

I would like more of Thorin's worry for his nephews when Smaug attacks Lake-town. He must feel very guilty as he is the reason they stayed behind there... and then unleashed a dragon on them! He's very pointedly worried for them throughout the films when they are in peril. Why not here? I'm guessing that's what his standing off to the side was about, but I'd like a bit more. I think there actually is more, and it will tie into his descent into full-blown madness.

(This post was edited by marary on Mar 22 2015, 9:24pm)

BlackFox
Half-elven

Mar 22 2015, 9:30pm

Post #15 of 52 (2119 views)
Shortcut
There are two things I really want to see [In reply to] Can't Post

Thorin's funeral and more Beorn in action. All the rest is a bonus.

Mooseboy018
Grey Havens

Mar 22 2015, 9:36pm

Post #16 of 52 (2100 views)
Shortcut
*crosses fingers* [In reply to] Can't Post

I really hope this doesn't stay on the cutting room floor like the scene with Thranduil interrogating the dwarves and Bilbo's "never venture east" scene.Frown

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Mar 22 2015, 9:37pm

Post #17 of 52 (2098 views)
Shortcut
The boat and... [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To

I 100% agree. I think they could feel a riot was a-brewin', and the angry men have a bone to pick with dragon-waking dwarves. And they got out just in time... the crowd took out their anger on Alfrid instead. Imagine if the dwarves had stuck around!

Would love to see Bofur smooth talking his way into commandeering that boat. Or something. This potential scene is an opportunity for either Bofur or Fili to shine, so it's a scene I want to see!

I would like more of Thorin's worry for his nephews when Smaug attacks Lake-town. He must feel very guilty as he is the reason they stayed behind there... and then unleashed a dragon on them! He's very pointedly worried for them throughout the films when they are in peril. Why not here? I'm guessing that's what his standing off to the side was about, but I'd like a bit more. I think there actually is more, and it will tie into his descent into full-blown madness.

Well I assumed the boat was the same one the dwarves & Bard's kids used to get out of Laketown. As for Thorin, I think the point was he WASN'T worried because of the dragon-sickness.

Why yes, I DO look like Anna Friel!

Bombadil
Half-elven

Mar 22 2015, 9:38pm

Post #18 of 52 (2100 views)
Shortcut
From the Remark "EACH Dwarf has his "HeroMoment" [In reply to] Can't Post

Bombur got to Blast that Massive horn..
but then what?

Gloin got to cut the Carriage Line of Ore
that Entangled Smaug, delaying him..
from Slaughtering the Rest.

Balin conjured up the FlashPOTS

They did their Deed...What could the rest do..?

{Hopefully a Group Fantasy Think Tank}

PUT your Best
"Wizard Thinking" Cap on

Blow us away with your Favorite "WantaSEE"
Crazy

www.charlie-art.biz

lionoferebor
Rohan

Mar 22 2015, 9:41pm

Post #19 of 52 (2090 views)
Shortcut
I'd rather not imagine [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To

I'd rather not imagine. Though I find it odd that no one sees them leave. I know a lot is going on, but you would think out of all those people at least one person would seen them leave.

In Reply To

I'm guessing the same that Thorin standing off to the side is him worrying about his nephews. He's so concerned he can't bring himself to watch. And I agree, there's more to his rapid descent into madness.

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Mar 22 2015, 9:53pm

Post #20 of 52 (2074 views)
Shortcut
What pretty much everyone said [In reply to] Can't Post

I was really disappointed that we didn't get the war chariot or battle ram cavalry from the trailer. I expect that, instead of the four charging up Ravenhill on rams that we'll get a completely different scene, where Thorin goes up alone and the others follow in the war chariot. Also more dwarves in general and more Fili in particular - would love for all the dwarves to get their "hero moment." And of course the funeral scene, leaving that out was the DUMBEST decision of this movie. Things that would be nice would be a conversation between Bilbo and Dain, and finding out what happened to Tauriel. What I don't want to see is more Alfrid or Fili getting decapitated (though some have told me that scene was never filmed, hope not!). Certainly wouldn't mind more Thranduil. Like many have said, an explanation for Dwalin would also be nice, and finally, just how did Gandalf know about the ring???

Bombadil
Half-elven

Mar 22 2015, 9:53pm

Post #21 of 52 (2077 views)
Shortcut
Would it Blow your Mind TOO much? [In reply to] Can't Post

..To have OIN remove the Axe?
Surgery with help from the rest...

He sits up & Speaks in Westron...
*_* ...*_* ...."Thatzz Better...*_*

bom would Burst into tears.

www.charlie-art.biz

Farficom
Rivendell

Mar 22 2015, 9:56pm

Post #22 of 52 (2074 views)
Shortcut
I'd like to see. [In reply to] Can't Post

Thorin's funeral, and more of Bilbo's return home including visits to a few places like Beorn's house and to dig up the trolls treasure. I even want to see the ponies who were not at all pleased when they slung the bags on their backs along with all the other stuff. Plus Gandalf and Balin paying Bilbo a visit some time later as he writes.

I don't think that would be too much to ask for... or is it, hmmm?

lionoferebor
Rohan

Mar 22 2015, 10:14pm

Post #23 of 52 (2055 views)
Shortcut
Why stay outside? [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
As for Thorin, I think the point was he WASN'T worried because of the dragon-sickness.

The burning of Lake-town happens only seconds after Smaug leaves Erebor at the end of DOS. Thorin was barely effected by the dragon sickness at that point (compared to what he would be later), and I doubt he would fall to it that quickly. If he had already been taken by the dragon-sickness he probably would've been in the Mountain with the gold, rather than outside. And while his back is to the devastation, I think this is more because he can't bring himself to watch rather than the dragon-sickness itself. After all, if he wasn't worried why stay outside if there was a treasure hoard waiting for him inside?

Jeffrodo
Bree

Mar 22 2015, 10:17pm

Post #24 of 52 (2049 views)
Shortcut
Any chance for a new prologue? [In reply to] Can't Post

I really missed an opening flashback. Do you think there's any chance something was filmed, but PJ later decided to jump right in with Smaug's attack? I'm really hoping for a prologue that sets up some history...maybe Thorin meeting with Dain or something about the Necromancer meeting Smaug?

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Mar 22 2015, 10:44pm

Post #25 of 52 (2022 views)
Shortcut
I don't see it that way [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To

In Reply To
As for Thorin, I think the point was he WASN'T worried because of the dragon-sickness.

The burning of Lake-town happens only seconds after Smaug leaves Erebor at the end of DOS. Thorin was barely effected by the dragon sickness at that point (compared to what he would be later), and I doubt he would fall to it that quickly. If he had already been taken by the dragon-sickness he probably would've been in the Mountain with the gold, rather than outside. And while his back is to the devastation, I think this is more because he can't bring himself to watch rather than the dragon-sickness itself. After all, if he wasn't worried why stay outside if there was a treasure hoard waiting for him inside?

When the camera is on his face, I don't see worry. I think his mind is definitely on the gold. I imagine he went outside because everyone else did, and he's the first to go back in. I think the dragon sickness started when he said he wouldn't risk the quest for the life of one "burglar," and certainly when he pulled his sword on Bilbo. It wasn't full blown yet, but it was starting at that point. At least that's how I see it.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.