The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Sauron - How many times ...

Legolas_Shoehorn
Bree

Mar 19 2015, 7:55am

Post #1 of 8 (1485 views)
Shortcut
Sauron - How many times ... Can't Post

... can we hear this name within the Hobbit trilogy?

DOS: 1x (or more?) - Gandalf says 'Sauron!?' when he got captured in Dol Goldur

AUJ: ???

BOT5A: ???

Can someone help me out?

My English is not that good, my Elvish is better ;-)

Arannir
Valinor

Mar 19 2015, 8:24am

Post #2 of 8 (1447 views)
Shortcut
I think... [In reply to] Can't Post

... Saruman says it once in AUJ "Sauron is vanquished... he will never..." during the WC scene.

Does Galadriel say "If Sauron has returned we need to know that" or something simialr to this when Gandalf is at the Elven Gate? She might also say "Enemy"... not sure.

In BotFA Galadriel says "The spirit of Sauron has survived/endured" or something like that after Sauron flees to the East.

And of course Saruman's "Leave Sauron to me."

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." J.R.R. Tolkien

We all have our hearts and minds one way or another invested in these books and movies. So we all mind and should show the necessary respect.

(This post was edited by Arannir on Mar 19 2015, 8:25am)

BlackFox
Half-elven

Mar 19 2015, 10:02am

Post #3 of 8 (1415 views)
Shortcut
Well... [In reply to] Can't Post

In AUJ:
Saruman: "What enemy? Gandalf, the enemy is defeated. Sauron is vanquished. He can never regain his full strength."

In DOS:
Gandalf: "Sauron!"

In BOFA:
Galadriel: "The spirit of Sauron endured."
Saruman: "Without the Ring of Power, Sauron can never again hold dominion over Middle-earth. Go now! Leave Sauron to me."

BlackFox
Half-elven

Mar 19 2015, 10:05am

Post #4 of 8 (1414 views)
Shortcut
"If our enemy has returned..." [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Does Galadriel say "If Sauron has returned we need to know that" or something simialr to this when Gandalf is at the Elven Gate? She might also say "Enemy"... not sure.

leonmuse
Rivendell

Mar 19 2015, 11:39am

Post #5 of 8 (1374 views)
Shortcut
Gandalf in the WC meeting also says Sauron [In reply to] Can't Post

BlackFox
Half-elven

Mar 19 2015, 12:31pm

Post #6 of 8 (1341 views)
Shortcut
I knew I was forgetting something [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't know the extended editions by heart just yet and only have the transcripts of the theatrical versions. So, thanks!

Gandalf says: "Does it not worry you that the last of the dwarf rings should simply vanish, along with its bearer? Of the seven dwarf rings, four were consumed by dragons, two were taken by Sauron before he fell in Mordor. The fate of the last dwarf ring remains unknown. The ring that was borne by Thrain."

leonmuse
Rivendell

Mar 19 2015, 2:18pm

Post #7 of 8 (1298 views)
Shortcut
you're welcome! [In reply to] Can't Post

We should investigate also how many times MORDOR is mentioned. I know by heart that Gandalf and Elrond mention it, but who else and how many more times I wonder? In TH movies, that is!

BlackFox
Half-elven

Mar 19 2015, 2:24pm

Post #8 of 8 (1284 views)
Shortcut
Surprisingly few [In reply to] Can't Post

In AUJ:
Galadriel: "A relic of Mordor."
Gandalf: "Does it not worry you that the last of the dwarf rings should simply vanish, along with its bearer? Of the seven dwarf rings, four were consumed by dragons, two were taken by Sauron before he fell in Mordor. The fate of the last dwarf ring remains unknown. The ring that was borne by Thrain."

In BOFA:
Elrond: "Gondor should be warned. The must set a watch on the walls of Mordor."

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.