Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
When we are presumed to have news of the EE, and, wich parts of the book are yet to be covered?

Mr. Arkenstone (isaac)
Tol Eressea

Mar 14 2015, 5:10pm

Post #1 of 9 (1968 views)
Shortcut
When we are presumed to have news of the EE, and, wich parts of the book are yet to be covered? Can't Post

The flagon with the dragon has the brew that is true

Survivor to the battle for the fifth trailer

Hobbit Cinema Marathon Hero

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Mar 14 2015, 8:31pm

Post #2 of 9 (1811 views)
Shortcut
Don't know about the 'when' (October or November 2015?) [In reply to] Can't Post

Well, I've given up on Gandalf and Balin's visit to Bilbo several years after his return to Bag End. Significant parts of that are already covered in the end of the theatrical cut.

We should get Thorin's funeral--perhaps even a more complete version than Tolkien furnished.

Perhaps Gandalf and Bilbo will be in the company of Beorn and Thranduil and his people when they depart from the Lonely Mountain. And we might get a mention of the pair spending the winter with Beorn.

We haven't seen Sting being engraved with its name. I imagine that that happened in Rivendell on the return journey.

"At the end of the journey, all men think that their youth was Arcadia..." - Phantom F. Harlock

He is a wizard, you know!
The Shire

Mar 14 2015, 10:32pm

Post #3 of 9 (1728 views)
Shortcut
????? [In reply to] Can't Post

Sting being engraved with its name? When is that supposed to happen? Does it even happen? I'm confused!

"In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit."

"Do you wish me a good morning, or do you mean that it is a good morning whether I want it or not, or that you feel good this morning, or that it is a morning to be good on?"

"Thorin and Company at your service!"

"Stand by the grey stone when the thrush knocks, and the setting sun with the last light of Durin's Day will shine upon the keyhole."

"A box without hinges, key, or lid / Yet golden treasure inside is hid."

"I come from under the hill, and under hills and over hills my path has led. And through the air. I am he that walks unseen."

"My armor is like tenfold shields, my teeth are like swords, my claws spears, the shock from my tail a thunderbolt, my wings a hurricane, and my breath death!"

"If more of us valued your ways - food and cheer above hoarded gold - it would be a merrier world."

"You're a very fine person, Mr. Baggins, and I'm very fond of you, but you're only quite a little fellow in a wide world after all."

TheHutt
Gondor

Mar 14 2015, 11:20pm

Post #4 of 9 (1689 views)
Shortcut
So far.... [In reply to] Can't Post

First infos on the EE came in summer. An official press release came ~end of July.

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Booklet - Custom Booklet Project

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Mar 14 2015, 11:21pm

Post #5 of 9 (1686 views)
Shortcut
Look at Sting in 'LotR' [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Sting being engraved with its name? When is that supposed to happen? Does it even happen? I'm confused!

In the LotR movies Sting has an engraving that is not present when the blade is given to Bilbo in the Trolls' lair. It has been presumed that this was done in Rivendell after the Quest of Erebor, probably during Bilbo's return to Bag End.

The engraving reads: 'Maegnas [Sting] is my name. I am the spider's bane'.

"At the end of the journey, all men think that their youth was Arcadia..." - Phantom F. Harlock

(This post was edited by Otaku-sempai on Mar 14 2015, 11:22pm)

Bombadil
Half-elven

Mar 15 2015, 12:09pm

Post #6 of 9 (1421 views)
Shortcut
Bom for one, is REally Glad there was No Funeral [In reply to] Can't Post

don't THINK I
could have
crawled out of the Theater
BLINDED by TEARS...

EVEN without IT watching the
THREE Movie Marathon a
few days before the
Premier HERE...
couldn't find my Car..
for the Longest time?

www.charlie-art.biz
"What Your Mind can conceive... charlie can achieve"

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Mar 15 2015, 2:47pm

Post #7 of 9 (1355 views)
Shortcut
I think that we really need that closure. [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
don't THINK I
could have
crawled out of the Theater
BLINDED by TEARS...

I think that we need Thorin's (and Fili & Kili's) funeral, hopefully with the Arkenstone placed in Thorin's tomb and Orcrist laid on top. It also helps to set the tone for Dain's reign as King under the Mountain, along with his fair dealing with Thranduil and Bard in the aftermath of the Battle of Five Armies.

Mooseboy018
Grey Havens

Mar 15 2015, 9:13pm

Post #8 of 9 (1240 views)
Shortcut
Dain [In reply to] Can't Post

I wonder how much new Dain dialogue we'll get, if any. It might seem a little strange to see him suddenly acting friendly towards the elves in any way even after their "alliance."

arithmancer
Grey Havens

Mar 16 2015, 2:32am

Post #9 of 9 (1153 views)
Shortcut
I don't think so... [In reply to] Can't Post

Given his characterization, I think having fought with Elves in the battle would be enough for him to convincingly act friendly. Yeah, Thranduil may have a condescending smirk, but I think Dain is A-OK with anyone who can cleave that many Orc heads from Orc bodies...

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.