Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: TORn Moots & Other Events:
Looking forward to New York in April! Moot, anyone?

Elizabeth
Half-elven

Mar 13 2015, 11:12pm

Post #1 of 10 (6057 views)
Shortcut
Looking forward to New York in April! Moot, anyone? Can't Post

After what seems like an interminably long wait, we're finally going to enjoy the entire LotR trilogy with live chorus and orchestra. Three complete sequences!

I am taking my 12-yr-old granddaughter, who is turning into a serious Tolkien enthusiast, all the way from Hawaii to New York for the weekend series, and my son is bringing his daughter from Texas to meet us. My son was at the RotK Oscar party, and met some other TORnsibs, and we're both hoping to meet up with more. It's time to starting thinking about a moot!

MistyMountain
Lorien

Mar 16 2015, 3:23am

Post #2 of 10 (5656 views)
Shortcut
definite maybe [In reply to] Can't Post

I was lucky enough to go to The One Last Party in LA and had a great time! I would love to meet up with some more TORn folks locally (I am a NYer). I wish I could go to the concerts as well but, even if there are tix left, I am broke after the expense of the trip to LA (but it was worth it!).

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Mar 19 2015, 2:55pm

Post #3 of 10 (4268 views)
Shortcut
I don't know how many of us will be there, [In reply to] Can't Post

but I'm arriving Friday about mid-day and flying out on Monday. My tickets are for Saturday afternoon, Saturday evening and Sunday afternoon. I'm staying with Rosie-with-the-Ribbons on the Upper West Side, close to the concert location. Let's get together!

Elizabeth
Half-elven

Mar 19 2015, 6:13pm

Post #4 of 10 (4259 views)
Shortcut
We're also very nearby Lincoln Ctr. [In reply to] Can't Post

Because we're coming so far, it's taking longer. My granddaughter and I are flying overnight Wed-Thurs., and taking 2 days of sightseeing, including Phantom of the Opera on B'way Friday night (she's a big fan of that show and the original book). We have tix for the weekend LotR shows as well.

I suggest we try to arrange something Saturday for dinner, between the afternoon & evening shows. Maybe Rosie could recommend a good venue? There are 4 in my crew (g'daughter and me, son Rick and his grown daughter). Maciliel and Brethil live in or near NYC, and I think there are others.

(This post was edited by Elizabeth on Mar 19 2015, 6:14pm)

Glassary
Rivendell

Mar 21 2015, 12:07am

Post #5 of 10 (4119 views)
Shortcut
I'm in! [In reply to] Can't Post

Attending the Saturday/Sunday performance. Would love the meet up with everyone if it can be arraigned.
Flying solo for this so I'm a party of one.

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Mar 21 2015, 12:47am

Post #6 of 10 (4105 views)
Shortcut
Great! [In reply to] Can't Post

We'll figure out a place to have dinner between the Saturday shows and post it here.

VermontHobbit
The Shire

Apr 5 2015, 1:52pm

Post #7 of 10 (3892 views)
Shortcut
Anyone doing Wed-Thurs-Fri evening shows? [In reply to] Can't Post

If anyone is doing the evening performances Wednesday through Friday, we're arriving Wednesday noon from Vermont and leaving Saturday morning.

Ann Kalagon
The Shire

Apr 12 2015, 1:31pm

Post #8 of 10 (3666 views)
Shortcut
Sunday RotK [In reply to] Can't Post

I was unable to post from work this week, and do not know if anyone will see this before the event today.

I and my spouse will be in the Fourth Ring A! Seats G6 and G8, for RotK Sunday.

Glassary
Rivendell

Apr 12 2015, 4:56pm

Post #9 of 10 (3656 views)
Shortcut
Hi! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Ann
Judt got here myself snd headed straight to seats B113, middle second tier. Waving hi up to you!

Ann Kalagon
The Shire

Apr 13 2015, 4:48pm

Post #10 of 10 (3603 views)
Shortcut
Lincoln Ctr not about the ADA [In reply to] Can't Post

well we had big accessibility problems. The stairs were so steep and narrow as to a danger to anyone with mobility issues, as does my partner who is a Viet Nam vet on crutches.
Other venues in the area make accommodation to help the disabled. Pru Center, Beacon Theater, MetLife--ALL have practice of moving ticketholders seats to accommodate needs? But koch theater REFUSED to do so!,

They had sold every disabled or wheelchair seat (BB seats) to young able
-bodied fans, then said "oh we sold out we can't do anything."

One older woman was told the above when she bought her ticket and was seated at the TOP row. She could not go out to a restroom at intermission. It took her ten minutes to slowly come down those stairs when it was over.

My partner came down from our seats at intermission and we STOOD thru second half. An attendant was going to give us a hard time but his co-worker told him to leave us alone.

We are going to report their illegal practices to the Paralyzed Veterans of America.
There was not one wheelchair fan nor fan with a cane or other assistive device in the BB seats. They sold them ALL to able-bodied.

(This post was edited by Ann Kalagon on Apr 13 2015, 4:52pm)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.