Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: The Pollantir:
Do you interact with any TORnsibs outside of TORn?
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All
Poll: Do you interact with any TORnsibs outside of TORn?
Yes
No
No, but I have in the past
Other
View Results (57 votes)

Annael
Immortal

Mar 17 2015, 3:44am

Post #76 of 86 (1801 views)
Shortcut
I managed it [In reply to] Can't Post

I think my singing background (meaning, I've had to learn to pronounce words from, oh, about 20 different languages so far) really helped.

And I had to explain how to pronounce mine; so many people want to say "Ann-eel" (some even spell it that way). I pronounce it An-na-el.

(This post was edited by Annael on Mar 17 2015, 3:46am)

cats16
Half-elven

Mar 17 2015, 9:12am

Post #77 of 86 (1747 views)
Shortcut
I almost brought this up when I was over there. [In reply to] Can't Post

I saw it often while walking back from the waterfront/Te Papa.

Dame Ioreth
Tol Eressea

Mar 17 2015, 1:22pm

Post #78 of 86 (1728 views)
Shortcut
"Collectibles" all have the same theme... [In reply to] Can't Post

all having to do with deep soulful eyes and ebony flowing locks... Laugh

Brethil
Half-elven

Mar 18 2015, 12:14am

Post #79 of 86 (1677 views)
Shortcut
Well. Maybe. // [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
"Collectibles" all have the same theme...all having to do with deep soulful eyes and ebony flowing locks... Laugh

swordwhale
Tol Eressea

Mar 18 2015, 2:47am

Post #80 of 86 (1672 views)
Shortcut
... [In reply to] Can't Post

Been there done that (headlights of doom).

Found the odd Tolkien fan in various places I work.

Sadly have not met any TORNsibs.

Konrad S
Lorien

Mar 20 2015, 6:09am

Post #81 of 86 (1567 views)
Shortcut
Never [In reply to] Can't Post

Dwarewien
Rohan

Mar 20 2015, 10:53pm

Post #82 of 86 (1550 views)
Shortcut
I don't have a Thorin "corner"... [In reply to] Can't Post

he pretty much takes over my entire apartment, but the one "room" he does seem to dominate is my bedroom. Mostly with posters (the only posters I have of Thorin are group posters, since I find the singular character posters either too distracting and/or depressing. The whole group for AUJ, and with Fili and Kili at Ravenhill before the bad stuff happens in BoFA, though I have that poster framed in my living room, since there was no more room in my bedroom. The poster for DoS is just the teaser poster of Bilbo looking down on the front gates of Erebor with the desolation in between. I have that one on my bedroom door), magazines, my latest T-Shirt (hanging over a chair by my computer that I hardly use, except for writing out stories, since it's too old for the Internet). The collectibles in my living room include a couple of magazines (still on my coffee table), a Thorin Oakenshield Keepsake ornament (in my china cabinet, which does not include dishes of any sort, just knick knacks, which my mom says I have way too many of). How's that for a collection? Maybe I should take some pictures, but it may take a while to get all the collectibles together, since they're all over the place.Smile

Sorry to get off topic, but like Kim says, you can turn any thread into a Thorin appreciation thread, and to stay on topic, no, I haven't had the honor to interact with any TORNsibs outside of the forum (probably because I live too far away. I'm probably the closest to Kim, since I live about an hour away from Vancouver, BC, on Canada's west coast).Wink

(This post was edited by Queen of Erebor on Mar 20 2015, 10:56pm)

Bombadil
Half-elven

Mar 22 2015, 1:39pm

Post #83 of 86 (1429 views)
Shortcut
Bomby lives in Downtown Denver... [In reply to] Can't Post

alone..

BUT got to See the Second Film with Altaria & Big Guy
am friends w/ Auntie Dora on Facebook along with
&Least 10 more sibs
One is Boston, One in Louisiana, One in Estonia,
One in Italy, one in Sweden, One in Spain, One in India,
One in Germany, Two in Switzerland, One in Auckland, etc.

FACEbook is my only outlet, attempting to Re-Start my
Ancient engines?

BUT, jus' knowing you people are REALLY Real
is enough
bom hides alot in my HobbitHole like a Hermit
Rarely ever leaves.

Must be the Baggins in me...

acheron
Gondor

Mar 27 2015, 12:50am

Post #84 of 86 (1356 views)
Shortcut
a little but not much [In reply to] Can't Post

I've met a couple many years ago (greendragon and L Ron Halfelven), which was a fun time.

Used to play LOTRO with a few.

No one on Facebook or anything though. Oh, actually RosieLass (one of my erstwhile LOTRO companions) and I follow each other on Twitter, so there's that, though neither of us are prolific tweeters. Wink

Loresilme
Valinor

Mar 30 2015, 3:21pm

Post #85 of 86 (1322 views)
Shortcut
The FOTR Live concert :) [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
The Mister and I went to NYC for the FOTR Live concert and met up with a bunch more TORnfolk.

At the risk of leaving someone off, I've met (in person) Hobbitlove, Ordinary Hobbit, Radhuin, Zmulady, Kangi Ska, (all those were MN sibs), Altaira, Big Guy, Silneldor, Squire, greendragon, L. Ron Halfelven, Smeagirl/Girllum, gkgyver, Rosie-with-the-Ribbons, entmaiden, CAHobbit, sunflower, _V_, Ainu Laire, gramma, and Loresilme. (all of those in NYC including a few MN sibs who were there)

That weekend is one of my very happiest memories ever HeartHeartHeart.

Annael
Immortal

Apr 3 2015, 10:51pm

Post #86 of 86 (1294 views)
Shortcut
oops, I mean Corvar [In reply to] Can't Post

I get my PTB mixed up

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.